Milamdj

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Versa
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is anyone worried that the MGV won't be durable in the long run, prone to cracking or tearing?
I am planning on having my Bronco for a long time, 10 to 15 years. I am between Big Bend with cloth or Black Diamond with MGV, both with ManSquatch.
Sponsored

coolrain

Badlands
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Ranger, 2014 Camaro 1LE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There’s a few threads on this but think of it this way..... it’s like anything else depends on use and care so the answer is very subjective. Should hold up as good or better than any other materials

NPBronco91

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco - Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Saskwah

Big Bend
First Name
wess
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The longevity of vinyl fabric is unmatched. If properly installed and maintained, it can last to anywhere from ten to twenty years. Although it’s not as durable as leather, it can withstand dents and scratches for several years. I’ve seen other reports of it lasting up too 50 years. I have an NRS river raft that’s 20 years old and been beat to crap and still no tears.

LandCruiser

Base
First Name
Bocephias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It's MARINE GRADE.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Milamdj

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Versa
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The longevity of vinyl fabric is unmatched. If properly installed and maintained, it can last to anywhere from ten to twenty years. Although it’s not as durable as leather, it can withstand dents and scratches for several years. I’ve seen other reports of it lasting up too 50 years. I have an NRS river raft that’s 20 years old and been beat to crap and still no tears.
Thanks for replying.

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you are really concerned about cracking, you can get a high end vinyl conditioner and use it regularly to help with sun damage. I don't remember what my dad uses on his boat, but it was recommended by his dealer and seems to work pretty well. Try going to your local marina or a higher end boat dealer and see what they recommend.

I plan to use some sort of specialized vinyl cleaner and conditioner to try and preserve my seats. Like many, I plan to have my Bronco a LONG time.

Lab00Rat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL 2-Door, 2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Plasticizers leach from the vinyl over time and faster with hot sun beating on it. A vinyl conditioner will help to restore some of the plasticizer loss and would not be needed often.
Sponsored