Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco - Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A thread for questions we have or share our general interest for the Marine Grade Vinyl seats offered.

I’ll start. Does anyone know how comfy and durable these seats are? My understanding is they closely resemble seats on boats. Not too knowledgeable on these type of seats but makes me think they’ll be pretty strong and last for a while.
Sponsored

elseminoleguapo

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Basesquatch
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I live in Miami. I used to run the marketing department for a luxury center console boat company, so I had the chance to spend a lot of days on boats with marine vinyl seats for photo shoots and see lots of samples of different promo models. Never seen it in a car. Here's what I can offer:

- It can definitely be comfortable and feel a lot like leather.
- Darker colors get hotter in the sun, but not as dramatically so as some think.
- They felt great to sit on for extended drives in a bathing suit and tee, but I don't trust myself to not turn business casual clothes into a puddle of sweat on a hot day while driving to work. I'm leaning away from the BD and BL because of this.
- Quality can vary, so YMMV, but I've seen good quality seats be durable. Owners would bring in boats 5+ year old boats that sit out in the sun uncovered and the vinyl held up.
- They clean up really easily. Lots of fishermen frequently get blood on them and it hoses off.

Gary

Black Diamond
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have a 2020 Subaru Outback with water-repellent upholstery called StarTex. It is a polyurethane material. Really awesome seats.

Got tons on snow on them and they’ve held up great.

I’m hoping the Bronco seats will be as good.

13bba8f0a0e61676dd6e2283db8bd8dex (1).jpg

Sponsored
OP
OP
NPBronco91

NPBronco91

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco - Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I live in Miami. I used to run the marketing department for a luxury center console boat company, so I had the chance to spend a lot of days on boats with marine vinyl seats for photo shoots and see lots of samples of different promo models. Never seen it in a car. Here's what I can offer:

- Darker colors get hotter in the sun, but not as dramatically so as some think.
- They felt great to sit on for extended drives in a bathing suit and tee, but I don't trust myself to not turn business casual clothes into a puddle of sweat on a hot day while driving to work. I'm leaning away from the BD and BL because of this.
- Quality can vary, so YMMV, but I've seen good quality seats be durable. Owners would bring in boats 5+ year old boats that sit out in the sun uncovered and the vinyl held up.
- They clean up really easily. Lots of fishermen frequently get blood on them and it hoses off.
Thanks for the insight. I’m curious as the 5+ years roll on and the seats start showing their wear and tear. Say a fisherman’s fishing pole or hook gets caught and damages a seat, is it easy to repair?

hammerdown

Black Diamond
First Name
DAVID
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford 150 Screw
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Boat seats (ie: marine grade vinyl) hold up. Im going BD for those seats. My Bronco will see lots of lake time, fishing, and duck hunting... marine vinyl will hold up wayyyy better than leather.... and i cant fathom cloth seats in my Bronco... no way. I havent ran cloth seats in 15 years....

elseminoleguapo

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Basesquatch
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Thanks for the insight. I’m curious as the 5+ years roll on and the seats start showing their wear and tear. Say a fisherman’s fishing pole or hook gets caught and damages a seat, is it easy to repair?
On a boat, sure. The panels come off easily and can be replaced. A car seat is different and I imagine your average ford dealership doesn't have upholsters on staff.

I worked for a manufacturer, and if boats would come in for service we could call the local upholsterer (this guy does upholstery for many makes) and ask him to make a new piece or come by to work on the boat. That's a luxury you likely won't have with a ford dealership.

jsharpe

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sharpe.com
Vehicle(s)
Prius
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

We’re all the examples you saw smooth like regular/old-school vinyl or did any have some kind of texture like cloth or other kinds of synthetics?

elseminoleguapo

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Basesquatch
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

We’re all the examples you saw smooth like regular/old-school vinyl or did any have some kind of texture like cloth or other kinds of synthetics?
There are definitely textured options. Can't recall the name of the vendor we used off the top of my head, but we had a sample booklet with color and finish varieties. Easily 30+ in there. There were smooth fort colors, textured grainy ones, and ones that had a kind of marbles look to them.

Sponsored

Lab00Rat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL 2-Door, 2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Will it stand up to a hot pizza box on the seat without smelling like pizza after I get home? Vinyl has a way of absorbing oils and holding on to them.

bbqbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EG Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Will it stand up to a hot pizza box on the seat without smelling like pizza after I get home? Vinyl has a way of absorbing oils and holding on to them.
Geez, pay attention. Once again, pizza proof seats are only available on the lux package. Pineapple proof seats are limited to BD and BL trims. And not with a manual nor the 2.7L engine. ?

Ajusaf

Black Diamond
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It will hold up well I have marine vinyl in my Honda. It's ok to spill ?, but keep your personal juices off the material

Mac n Nevada

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser/2019 Jeep GC Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

On a boat, sure. The panels come off easily and can be replaced. A car seat is different and I imagine your average ford dealership doesn't have upholsters on staff.

I worked for a manufacturer, and if boats would come in for service we could call the local upholsterer (this guy does upholstery for many makes) and ask him to make a new piece or come by to work on the boat. That's a luxury you likely won't have with a ford dealership.

If my marine vinyl seats get ripped, a boat shop is exactly where I am taking it.... (y)
Sponsored