Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 Fx4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am hoping there is a Maxlider bumper in this huge box, and not something I need to bury...

IMG_0524.JPG

When did you order? I ordered one last week, saw there was a 12-14 week lead time which I’m totally fine with since It would be warmer outside by the time I get it to do the install
Sponsored

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When did you order? I ordered one last week, saw there was a 12-14 week lead time which I’m totally fine with since It would be warmer outside by the time I get it to do the install
Oct 4. It was also 12-14wks lead time when I ordered, but it only took 10.

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I received the ditch lighting kit for the Maxlider bumper (Maxlider has them shipped from visionxoffroad).

I chose the dual amber/white lights. However, the default wiring kit does not allow the amber and white lights to be controlled separately.

To do that you will need some extra parts. Ordering them from VisionX was a nightmare. Theoretically, you just need to order 2 of the VisionX P-UPPDTR kits.

Unfortunately, the VisionX kits are a mess with missing parts and the wrong connectors. After several emails, they agreed to ship me the missing P-UMPP plastic end plugs, but never did resolve that the left side connector was included in the kit instead of the correct right side connector (I think left=driver and right=passenger, but what is packaged in their kit is wrong and doesn't match their photos). You can make it work with the wrong-sided connector, so I gave up on getting help from VisionX.

Assuming you can manage to get a correct part kit from visionxoffroad, this should work. But you might want to order 2 of the P-UMPP plugs ($3 each) in case you get one of the defective kits.

2 x VisionX P-UPPDTR
2 x dual deutsch/DT connector harness (e.g. Amazon Nilight 10016W or 10036W)

I was hoping for both wires to exit in the center. But I ended up with only driver-side connectors.
Ford Bronco Maxlider Front Bumper IMG_0625.JPG
Ford Bronco Maxlider Front Bumper IMG_0623.JPG
Ford Bronco Maxlider Front Bumper IMG_0627.JPG

This defective "right side" kit was missing the plug and includes left cable.
Ford Bronco Maxlider Front Bumper IMG_0630.JPG
Ford Bronco Maxlider Front Bumper IMG_0631.JPG

Last edited:

BroncoAW

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 Fx4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine is being delivered either today or tomorrow now. Hopefully I can get it installed some time in the next week or so.
did you ever get the bumper installed

Matthew

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Bronco, 77 Bronco, 04 F150, 15 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

did you ever get the bumper installed
I have it partially installed. I ran into a problem trying to mount the front parking sensors. The plastic mounts from the mod bumper are angled, and they don't fit the new bumper. I am waiting on Maxlider to get back to me on what mounts to use, and how to mount the freaking ACC relocation brackets. There are no instructions or anything and the brackets don't appear to fit in anyway that makes sense to me. I tossed my Badlands winch in there and it looks freaking amazing. I would go take a picture now, but it is 15 degrees out there...

Sponsored

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I ran into a problem trying to mount the front parking sensors. The plastic mounts from the mod bumper are angled, and they don't fit the new bumper. I am waiting on Maxlider to get back to me on what mounts to use, and how to mount the freaking ACC relocation brackets.
Wow. I noticed that there are different parking sensors and brackets for the steel and plastic bumpers, and all 4 positions have a unique bracket. According to the Warn bumper instructions, the sensors have to be mounted in exactly the same position and rotation as the original bumper. The ACC sensor and bracket is the same for plastic and steel bumpers, however.

Ford Bronco Maxlider Front Bumper 1642647866145

Ford Bronco Maxlider Front Bumper 1642647930675

Ford Bronco Maxlider Front Bumper 1642647893678

Warn instructions:
Ford Bronco Maxlider Front Bumper 1642649025652

Service manual info:
Ford Bronco Maxlider Front Bumper 1642648633007

Ford Bronco Maxlider Front Bumper 1642648690215

BroncoAW

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 Fx4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have it partially installed. I ran into a problem trying to mount the front parking sensors. The plastic mounts from the mod bumper are angled, and they don't fit the new bumper. I am waiting on Maxlider to get back to me on what mounts to use, and how to mount the freaking ACC relocation brackets. There are no instructions or anything and the brackets don't appear to fit in anyway that makes sense to me. I tossed my Badlands winch in there and it looks freaking amazing. I would go take a picture now, but it is 15 degrees out there...
you would think they would have provided install instructions for this bumper, especially at the price. I hope it gets figured out, and when it does let me know. I will be doing my own install for this bumper as well when mine gets here

BroncoAW

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 Fx4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

one Last question, do you think this bumper will easily accommodate a 37” tire. Can’t wait to see photos when it warms up enough to take a few.

Matthew

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

one Last question, do you think this bumper will easily accommodate a 37” tire. Can’t wait to see photos when it warms up enough to take a few.
Absolutely, the bumper doesn't get any closer to the tire than the fender flare, so should be fine. I should be making the jump to 37" Toyo Open Country MTs as soon as my brother-in-law can get them in stock.

BroncoAW

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 Fx4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

have you looked into any of the other ford sensor mounts to see if they would fit, I would imagine that an F-150 or explorer sensor mount may work

Sponsored

Matthew

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

have you looked into any of the other ford sensor mounts to see if they would fit, I would imagine that an F-150 or explorer sensor mount may work
I didn't look into it. I got in touch with Maxlider and was informed that from their installs some of the sensor mounts were keyed correctly, while others were not. I did trim them a bit and now they fit great!

Had my wife stand in front of me to test them out and everything :)

BroncoAW

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 Fx4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I didn't look into it. I got in touch with Maxlider and was informed that from their installs some of the sensor mounts were keyed correctly, while others were not. I did trim them a bit and now they fit great!

Had my wife stand in front of me to test them out and everything :)
That’s awesome, I will probably do the same thing when mine gets in

tdiddy

Black Diamond
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford F150, 2012 Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Anyone got photos of this bumper installed with SAS fenders?

Gtrekker

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, Audi, M1102 Overland Trailer 2-B
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I 2nd that request... Are there any pics installed on a SAS package?