Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 HD Silverado Duramax Turbo Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Got to sit in 2 Broncos today- 4dr OBX and 4dr BD. Both soft tops. Primary objectives, based on reviewing dozens of other reviews, were to measure the cargo area storage tray and to give you my take on how well I fit, particularly concerning the B pillar location. Apologies in advance for my crummy photography skills and rather wordy write-up; first, the cargo area storage:

Ford Bronco Measurements of cargo area storage tray dimensions -- from Future Ford of Roseville Bronco Event image1

Ford Bronco Measurements of cargo area storage tray dimensions -- from Future Ford of Roseville Bronco Event image0

Ford Bronco Measurements of cargo area storage tray dimensions -- from Future Ford of Roseville Bronco Event image2

Ford Bronco Measurements of cargo area storage tray dimensions -- from Future Ford of Roseville Bronco Event image5

Ford Bronco Measurements of cargo area storage tray dimensions -- from Future Ford of Roseville Bronco Event image3

Now a few pics of how I fit - thanks to @Ourbroncolife for snapping these shots:

Ford Bronco Measurements of cargo area storage tray dimensions -- from Future Ford of Roseville Bronco Event image6

Ford Bronco Measurements of cargo area storage tray dimensions -- from Future Ford of Roseville Bronco Event image7

Ford Bronco Measurements of cargo area storage tray dimensions -- from Future Ford of Roseville Bronco Event image2 (1)

Ford Bronco Measurements of cargo area storage tray dimensions -- from Future Ford of Roseville Bronco Event image1 (1)

Ford Bronco Measurements of cargo area storage tray dimensions -- from Future Ford of Roseville Bronco Event image3 (1)

Ford Bronco Measurements of cargo area storage tray dimensions -- from Future Ford of Roseville Bronco Event image0 (1)

(banana for scale)

I'm 6'4" 260lbs. I had NO issue with the B pillar, praise the Lord! I cranked the manual seat down and back in the BD and didn't come into contact at all. In fact, I had to move the seat forward a few clicks to be comfortable reaching the pedals- and my usual driving style is to sit back as far as possible to stretch out. I also am shamelessly guilty of being a manspreader- I like to spread out. I can tell you I had no issue getting comfortable. My right knee didn't crash into the A/C panel nor the gear shift. My left knee also had plenty of space when I closed the door.

Let's talk about that some more- when I closed the door it did not feel cheap or sound tinny. It didn't make as heavy a thud as my '02 Silverado, but this door weighs 60lbs, not 200lbs or whatever my truck's is. The door handle and door lock did not feel cheap at all- quite sturdy when I yanked on it a couple times. The driving position where my left elbow and forearm rested on the door's padded arm rest was awesome. It's a very natural position for me to drive, and the steering wheel was better than I expected as well. It was quite beefy, not a thin ring, which I liked since I have large hands. Had some cushion to it but still firm and not squishy. The steering wheel-mounted buttons also felt great- they had a rubberized, robust feel to them. Not plasticy or "clicky" at all. All the surfaces I touched felt really well-built. Oh, and headroom was fantastic (didn't take many pics in the OBX but it did have the soft top on... probably 5" extra clearance. No problem).
Finally, I did find that the manual seat allowed me to sit much lower than the powered seats. I am not sure why- it's possible I didn't monkey around with it enough, but I'm pretty sure I know how to use power seats.

I've been holding off on placing my order for several reasons (really want Mallard Green and a white modular top), but the biggest reason is that I had a hard time personally justifying dropping $55K on something I didn't know how well I'd fit in it. I can tell you without hesitation I am in love with this vehicle. There's no going back from here- it blew me away. Like many have said, I was also surprised how big it was in person on the outside. I was worried based on several comments the inside would be too tight. NOPE. It is plenty comfy. I'm sold!
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
530Squatch

530Squatch

Badlands
First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Umm, is that a banana in your pocket?

Nice pics
@JHawk Ha! I saw on another thread or 2 about people bringing random things to these events "for scale." Now someone needs to raise the bar!

JHawk

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@JHawk Ha! I saw on another thread or 2 about people bringing random things to these events "for scale." Now someone needs to raise the bar!
I like the idea of B6G members taking pics with bananas for scale. It will leave a lot of people scratching their heads.

Sponsored

Broncolli

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Back Diamond 4 door MIC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

someone needs to take a pineapple.

@530Squatch , thanks for the pictures !! How did the black diamond look with the stock wheels - what was your impression - were the tires big enough or did it leave you thinking - the tires are too small and look wimpy?

mylittlepony

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 Jeep Wrangler / 09 TC Series 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Umm, is that a banana in your pocket?

Nice pics
if it's an organic banana it will be a misrepresentation of scale, because they tend to be smaller. in this case it's subjective, unless it not a banana in his pocket.

OP
OP
530Squatch

530Squatch

Badlands
First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@530Squatch , thanks for the pictures !! How did the black diamond look with the stock wheels - what was your impression - were the tires big enough or did it leave you thinking - the tires are too small and look wimpy?
@Broncolli good question- it actually was the first thing I noticed when approaching the 2 vehicles. The BD with the 33" tires (I believe) and black steelies looked AMAZING. It had a nice stance and good proportions. Unlike my opinion of the OBX- the larger (and I think kinda uggo) wheels along with their skinny tires felt wimpy. If I went OBX it'd have to be Squatched or something. But the BD looked beefy. Almost Squatch-y. Really liked the look.

BTW, yes, someone needs to bring a pineapple for scale. Or a slice of 🍍🍕?

Sponsored

lenitech

Base
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1972 Bronco, 2021 Base Sasquatch (AMB)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

the tires look perfect. I’m second guessing Sasquatch now.

Firefight911

Wildtrak
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 4-door Wildtrak, Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

We saw the same two Broncos today at their Madison store. I echo the above comments. One correction, the BD was on 32” shoes.

We loved the Lux set up. We are getting that in our Bronco.

My wife said she felt as though a Jeep and a Range Rover got together and had a kid, and named it Bronco. Hey man, I’m not arguing with her!

One thing that my wife looked at me and TOLD me....order the soft top, we need that!!!!

Really looking forward to getting our 4-door Wildtrak with Lux.

Thursday’s are going to be hard days around here for a while!!!

Ourbroncolife

Outer Banks
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

G
Got to sit in 2 Broncos today- 4dr OBX and 4dr BD. Both soft tops. Primary objectives, based on reviewing dozens of other reviews, were to measure the cargo area storage tray and to give you my take on how well I fit, particularly concerning the B pillar location. Apologies in advance for my crummy photography skills and rather wordy write-up; first, the cargo area storage:

Ford Bronco Measurements of cargo area storage tray dimensions -- from Future Ford of Roseville Bronco Event d077cf5ba66f5e4e28fa8767836919f7_w200

Ford Bronco Measurements of cargo area storage tray dimensions -- from Future Ford of Roseville Bronco Event d077cf5ba66f5e4e28fa8767836919f7_w200

Now a few pics of how I fit - thanks to @Ourbroncolife for snapping these shots:

(banana for scale)

I'm 6'4" 260lbs. I had NO issue with the B pillar, praise the Lord! I cranked the manual seat down and back in the BD and didn't come into contact at all. In fact, I had to move the seat forward a few clicks to be comfortable reaching the pedals- and my usual driving style is to sit back as far as possible to stretch out. I also am shamelessly guilty of being a manspreader- I like to spread out. I can tell you I had no issue getting comfortable. My right knee didn't crash into the A/C panel nor the gear shift. My left knee also had plenty of space when I closed the door.

Let's talk about that some more- when I closed the door it did not feel cheap or sound tinny. It didn't make as heavy a thud as my '02 Silverado, but this door weighs 60lbs, not 200lbs or whatever my truck's is. The door handle and door lock did not feel cheap at all- quite sturdy when I yanked on it a couple times. The driving position where my left elbow and forearm rested on the door's padded arm rest was awesome. It's a very natural position for me to drive, and the steering wheel was better than I expected as well. It was quite beefy, not a thin ring, which I liked since I have large hands. Had some cushion to it but still firm and not squishy. The steering wheel-mounted buttons also felt great- they had a rubberized, robust feel to them. Not plasticy or "clicky" at all. All the surfaces I touched felt really well-built. Oh, and headroom was fantastic (didn't take many pics in the OBX but it did have the soft top on... probably 5" extra clearance. No problem).
Finally, I did find that the manual seat allowed me to sit much lower than the powered seats. I am not sure why- it's possible I didn't monkey around with it enough, but I'm pretty sure I know how to use power seats.

I've been holding off on placing my order for several reasons (really want Mallard Green and a white modular top), but the biggest reason is that I had a hard time personally justifying dropping $55K on something I didn't know how well I'd fit in it. I can tell you without hesitation I am in love with this vehicle. There's no going back from here- it blew me away. Like many have said, I was also surprised how big it was in person on the outside. I was worried based on several comments the inside would be too tight. NOPE. It is plenty comfy. I'm sold!
Nice meeting you, glad you enjoyed seeing the Bronco in person!

Lainez

Badlands
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Atlas, F-150 Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Measurements of cargo area storage tray dimensions -- from Future Ford of Roseville Bronco Event 6EE4B392-E2AC-4CF2-8CDF-0D5BED238899

I was at Futre Ford of Sacramento today. Pleasantly surprised by the wheels. I did not like them in many pictures, but they look good in person. I was BD or BL. Ended up going BL to get High. The 12 screen is awesome.
Ford Bronco Measurements of cargo area storage tray dimensions -- from Future Ford of Roseville Bronco Event BE35F5BF-B690-4765-9776-9503EC12B829

I was curious about the HD bumper. There are three bolts that likely help secure the bumper end. The have Bronco on them, so you can move them. Good spot to add some fog and driving lights as I don’t plan on taking off the ends

jonwithanelcamino

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
El Camino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

@Broncolli good question- it actually was the first thing I noticed when approaching the 2 vehicles. The BD with the 33" tires (I believe) and black steelies looked AMAZING. It had a nice stance and good proportions. Unlike my opinion of the OBX- the larger (and I think kinda uggo) wheels along with their skinny tires felt wimpy. If I went OBX it'd have to be Squatched or something. But the BD looked beefy. Almost Squatch-y. Really liked the look.

BTW, yes, someone needs to bring a pineapple for scale. Or a slice of 🍍🍕?
100% on those BD wheels.
Great stock wheel and tire set up. Looks plenty manly
Sponsored