Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
So genuinely, I am left wondering. Why?
Follow the money. Money makes right, especially in this society. Volume buying dealers will get more units, and big spending customers will pay extra for more units.

You can even cut the line at amusement parks these days, if you pay extra. Remember when that behavior would get a water bottle chucked at the offender, lol.
Sponsored

ezapar

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Wildtrak LUX
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Why are there 18 Broncos for sale marked up as high as 105k at the dealership I ordered mine from a year ago and no word about mine? Thanks for any kind of answer Ford.

Tcbbronco

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Laura
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not even close. It’s a long-standing system that can be navigated by those willing to do the work to understand it.
LOL!!! Heres the one person who "understands" how it works. Obviously VIN 001

AllthePonies

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT and Expedition Max
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

LOL!!! Heres the one person who "understands" how it works. Obviously VIN 001
No reservation. Ordered in June, built in December, shipped in January. Btw, this information didn’t come from me. I’m passing on what has been discussed in this forum numerous times in the past. There’s a real short memory around these parts. I think people would rather just gripe instead of understanding how things actually work. I guess whatever floats your boat.

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Triumph Thunderbird Commander 1700
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

it's been written if you're willing to change your order and simplify you can get built faster or that's why walk ins are being built, but I'm getting a base 2 door manual, should be the simplest but isn't. And, the base 4 door soft top doesn't come with a manual and by the time you get to a model with a manual in a 4 door soft top I'm way over budget.

So I'm stuck waiting. I'm at a larger dealership too, but last we talked they were way behind on receiving already promised units arriving from Ford.

Sponsored

Tcbbronco

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Laura
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No reservation. Ordered in June, built in December, shipped in January. Btw, this information didn’t come from me. I’m passing on what has been discussed in this forum numerous times in the past. There’s a real short memory around these parts. I think people would rather just gripe instead of understanding how things actually work. I guess whatever floats your boat.
Thats great EXCEPT the OP clearly stated that they ordered when things first started. When Ford set the rules nearly two years ago, people DID research it. Not everyone is willing to run around from dealer to dealer to dealer ordering a vehicle with things they dont want just to speed things up a couple months. Mines in the driveway, so I have no dog in the fight. But, acting like youve solved some mystery through research sounds silly because they move the goal posts to the point that even dealers dont know the rules. Just ask Granger Ford. Thats why high volume dealers got their panties in a bunch and cried to corporate.

AllthePonies

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

it's been written if you're willing to change your order and simplify you can get built faster or that's why walk ins are being built, but I'm getting a base 2 door manual, should be the simplest but isn't. And, the base 4 door soft top doesn't come with a manual and by the time you get to a model with a manual in a 4 door soft top I'm way over budget.

So I'm stuck waiting. I'm at a larger dealership too, but last we talked they were way behind on receiving already promised units arriving from Ford.
I believe two doors are a constraint right now. I agree that the base four door should be available in a manual. I got a 2021 BD with a manual, but prices keep creeping up. I’m not sure if the size of dealership is as important as the ratio of allocations to orders. My dealership sold a ton of Bronco Sports so they had a good start on Bronco allocations, which helped me out quite a bit. Best of luck.

AllthePonies

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thats great EXCEPT the OP clearly stated that they ordered when things first started. When Ford set the rules nearly two years ago, people DID research it. Not everyone is willing to run around from dealer to dealer to dealer ordering a vehicle with things they dont want just to speed things up a couple months. Mines in the driveway, so I have no dog in the fight. But, acting like youve solved some mystery through research sounds silly because they move the goal posts to the point that even dealers dont know the rules. Just ask Granger Ford. Thats why high volume dealers got their panties in a bunch and cried to corporate.
The reservations clearly stated that they didn’t actually guarantee anything. I thought about putting in a reservation, but I decided to wait between the legal language, the site crashing, and my lack of first hand experience with the Bronco. I ordered from the same dealer I buy all of my other Ford vehicles from instead of going to an out of state dealership that sold way more allocations than they knew they would ever get. I’m passing on information others gave to me that helped me quite a bit. I can’t imagine how this is harmful to anyone. If I were a first day reservation holder without a vehicle I sure as heck wouldn’t be upset. I’d be doing everything I could to turn that into a Bronco Raptor over the next couple of years or being thankful I could get HOSS 2.0. now

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I 100% agree that reservations should play a larger role, but we have to live with the reality of the constraints and dealer allocation.
I've been waiting over a year for my Base (2-door). Mid-size dealer, for Phoenix, which means they are still a fairly large volume dealer.

Someone waiting 16 months should get their Base before me. Someone waiting 20 months for their Base should get it before either of us.

Regardless, we have seen Ford building the exact same build for some dude who walked in off the street 4-6 months ago.

Odd Ball

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HD Vett Mustang Jag 911 (2)450SLs VWcab Blzr Fiat
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I know Ford reads B6G so I have a question for anyone at Ford reading this.

Why am I seeing Bronco’s getting scheduled for production that were not reserved, before Bronco’s that were reserved?

As a reservation holder, I would like to know?

Constraints cannot be the whole answer because Ford is scheduling constrained orders without a reservation.

Dealer stock vehicle builds cannot be the answer because Fords Director of North American Product Communications - Mike Levine tweeted many times that reservations would be build before any stock units.

Allocations cannot be the whole answer because Mike Levine has tweeted many times that reservation time stamp is the most important factor.

So genuinely, I am left wondering. Why?
What is the reason? Has Ford lied to me? Is Ford greedy? Does Ford care more about dealerships than customers?

Or is there a logical reason? Has Ford done this in my best interest? Is Ford honoring their word?

Yet, without an explanation from you all at Ford…how am I to know the answer?

So once again,

Why am I seeing Bronco’s getting scheduled for production that were not reserved, before Bronco’s that were reserved?
Absolutely agree. I’m personally offended that Ford has decided to release Raptor Broncos prior to fulfilling their prior commitments to those of us who have (not so) patiently waited with virtually zero follow up from Ford or the dealership we entrusted with our orders. Today I put deposits on tw9 other vehicles. We’ll see if this is just a Ford-lack of concern. Honestly, I can’t imagine a company this size without a single individual able to ,at a minimum, let us know where our orders stand…

Sponsored

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Many of those walk in orders are guys like me, week one reservation holders, that are still waiting for a VIN and build date. I got impatient in early December and my same dealer recommended I put in an order with fewer constrained items so I did without the MIC top, Sasquatch, and modular bumper. I just took delivery on that soft top even though I really need a MIC top with our long winters. I have two other buddies that did the same thing as I did although they have or will flip their base Bronco when their fully optioned one arrives. I’m keeping both Broncos as my adult daughter is buying the soft top from me when my other one arrives.

I 100% agree that reservations should play a larger role, but we have to live with the reality of the constraints and dealer allocation. I don’t feel bad for adjusting my strategy to improve my chances at getting one sooner. FWIW, I’m age 57 and this is the first new car I’ve purchased for me to drive(my wife has had 4 new cars). After driving for 41 years I didn’t want to wait any longer for a new vehicle.
Agreed....but....I have seen those walk-in orders, several with builds identical to mine! And....walk-in orders with all the constrained items. Some of this makes zero sense at all. I am now scheduled and I am sure I will love my Bronco when I get it. But....being a long and loyal Ford Owner, this 2 year process has left a terrible stench in the room. I doubt I will ever reserve or order a vehicle again. I will only buy if in-stock.

airishfan

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You’re right. Ford sold me a Bronco without a reservation, which is the tenth Ford vehicle that I’ve purchased. I’ve had reservations for exactly zero of them. I think they are doing the right thing by not excluding their repeat customers.
I think the reservation thing is new thing but ford fucked that up .

airishfan

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Why are there 18 Broncos for sale marked up as high as 105k at the dealership I ordered mine from a year ago and no word about mine? Thanks for any kind of answer Ford.
some of the marked up Broncos at dealerships are used ones that the dealer bought off people .

2wheel-Lee

Raptor
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Sequoia
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Its quite simple. In July if 2016 a mobile game developer named Niantic released a game called “Pokémon Go!” In this game you played a Pokémon trainer and collected Pokémon (tiny little battle creatures) while walking around outside. The coveted Pokémon spawned randomly, making them hard to find.

Fans loved the game, but quickly found a flaw. Niantic spawned Pokémon based on the number of players in a given area. More players meant more opportunity to collect all the different types available. Rural areas with a sparse population got far less Pokémon and had to work harder to accomplish tasks in the game.

Even with this huge flaw, the game was incredibly successful and the game developers made millions.

I have a heard a rumor that Mike Levine is an avid Pokémon Go! Fan. When Ford was trying to determine how to distribute Broncos, Mike Levine raised his cell phone and said “I hatched a 10k egg!” He went on to explain how the spawn rate of Pokémon would be a fantastic model for dealership allocations. Higher populations will get more allocations and smaller rural dealerships will get less.

Ford management loved the idea and implemented it immediately.

On his way out of the meeting if room, Mike Levine hollered “Team Rocket Blasting off again!” And the rest was history.

That’s why you can’t get a Bronco.
This cracks me up…

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Due to allocations that are contractually based and protected by state dealership laws. Ford would have sell direct to actually give reservations the top priority.
That is fascinating! So you are saying the original reservation system that explicitly stated the reservation would be filled in order and before dealer stock was false on the face of it because Ford cannot chose the order that orders are filled at individual dealers, by a series of claimed laws and mysterious contract obligations that you decline to list.

The same reservation system that implicitly carried an allocation within each reservation (and Ford unilaterally removed later, although still kept the allocation on the First Editions and Raptors, I guess those wacky laws and contracts you claim directly apply are only enforced on some products, right?) and that the time stamp that was to be the priority for order of filling can be used as a 'tie-breaker' per your previous posts, but then again, cannot be used at all because it would be Ford, again dictating the order of fulfillment. Completely contradictory statements on your part, again.

In addition the decades of Ford having production codes less than 10, that give the dealer a build much faster and thus is also dictating the order of vehicles going to a dealer is also illegal and against these laws and contracts, it gets awfully convoluted doesn't it? (spoiler alert; unless you are wrong)

As to dealers 'overselling their allocations', allocations came after almost 100% of reservations were set at dealers. It will be really fun to see how you explain how the Ford written terms and conditions included language that the reservation could be placed at the dealer of your choice and yet you claim the dealers somehow 'oversold' something. How does a dealer, who had no mechanism for refusing a reservation have knowingly 'sold' too many? They literally could not stop people from going to the Ford website and choosing whatever dealer they wanted. They sold nothing, Ford set up a system where the dealers were forced to take all the reservations sent to them and then changed the rules to ignore the number of reservations at a dealer (and modified the all reservations built before dealer stock to be only 2021 MY) after folks were locked in at their dealer this last go around on ordering. No transfers. Captive audience.

I could go on for a while like this, but...you know... contractual obligations and the State laws in Idaho forbid me from doing so, unless it is a Tuesday, and... it is not a Tuesday.

Have a nice day!

edit; for bonus points, please explain how Ford has announced the reservations for the Maverick will be in order received, no matter what dealer was picked, if you are even remotely correct in your assertions.
Sponsored

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.