Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT and Expedition Max
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

1st Not a valid argument,. The reservation system does not violate the selling direct to the consumer laws as the reservation agreements (and deposits) were made directly with the dealerships.

2nd when dealerships are taking "walk-in orders" and those orders are being filled before reservations a dealerships allocations are not being impacted, It's simply prioritizing one customer over another, since dealerships only get a set number of allocations in a given year.
Ignoring reality wonā€™t make it any less real. Iā€™ve explained how all this works in this thread. I now know why the people who have explained this before donā€™t bother trying anymore. Iā€™m not going to waste my time either. Best of luck with your approach!
Sponsored

HBTFD

Black Diamond
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Itā€™s been explained numerous times on this forum. If you donā€™t like my answer then I recommend that you fire up the old Google. I also provided a brief summary earlier in the thread. Iā€™ll try to make it as simple as I can in terms of how priority works: 1. Dealer allocations (each dealer gets a set amount of product based on what they previously sold; the exact formula changes over time) 2. Product constraints (e.g. hard tops, chips, etc.) 3. Manufacturing constraints (can only make so many of each vehicle type each year) 4. Reservations (a small factor relative to the others because you have to keep the line running regardless of product shortages due to the enormous cost of not doing so and you have to legally meet product allocations per state laws and contracts). There were and still are more reservations and orders than production capacity and this will continue for quite some time into the future. So, if you actually want a Bronco you have to order one without a lot of chips at a dealership that hasnā€™t oversold its allocation (e.g, Granger). A reservation may be a tie breaker, but it wonā€™t get you a fully loaded Bronco from Granger anytime soon. I didnā€™t have a reservation, listened to my knowledgeable sales person, and now have a Bronco. This advice has been given by many people and ignored by many more. I feel like Captain Obvious.
This makes sense except for the numerous posts from individuals with reservations that saw their exact same build be delivered to a non reservation holder that ordered at a much later date.

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

oh-honey.gif

AllthePonies

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This makes sense except for the numerous posts from individuals with reservations that saw their exact same build be delivered to a non reservation holder that ordered at a much later date.
Could have been from a different dealer with a different allocation formula. Or the dealer could be prioritizing its own repeat customers higher internally. Or the build might not be as exact as assumed. Or it could just have been a mistake. I donā€™t really know.

AllthePonies

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

OK, so explain this then, I'm a day 1 reservation holder. I know for a fact that someone placed a walk-in order at the same dealership as me in Jan 2022, Same mode same constrains, but Ford picked up their build and I'm still waiting. Your argument does not hold water.
Because your one data point disagrees? Systems arenā€™t perfect; mistakes are made. The build could have been more different than you assume. The dealer could have prioritized them higher because they like them better. A lot of things could have happened.

Sponsored

ProdigyJKU

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Don't order a high end Bronco from a backed up dealer, it's that simple.

I originally wanted a BL with Mod Top and High Pkg, but ended up settling with a BD with MIC to get it sooner. The VIN got scheduled 2 months later, and I've been extremely happy with my Bronco.

Last edited:

techdisaster

Badlands
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Its quite simple. In July if 2016 a mobile game developer named Niantic released a game called ā€œPokĆ©mon Go!ā€ In this game you played a PokĆ©mon trainer and collected PokĆ©mon (tiny little battle creatures) while walking around outside. The coveted PokĆ©mon spawned randomly, making them hard to find.

Fans loved the game, but quickly found a flaw. Niantic spawned PokƩmon based on the number of players in a given area. More players meant more opportunity to collect all the different types available. Rural areas with a sparse population got far less PokƩmon and had to work harder to accomplish tasks in the game.

Even with this huge flaw, the game was incredibly successful and the game developers made millions.

I have a heard a rumor that Mike Levine is an avid PokĆ©mon Go! Fan. When Ford was trying to determine how to distribute Broncos, Mike Levine raised his cell phone and said ā€œI hatched a 10k egg!ā€ He went on to explain how the spawn rate of PokĆ©mon would be a fantastic model for dealership allocations. Higher populations will get more allocations and smaller rural dealerships will get less.

Ford management loved the idea and implemented it immediately.

On his way out of the meeting if room, Mike Levine hollered ā€œTeam Rocket Blasting off again!ā€ And the rest was history.

Thatā€™s why you canā€™t get a Bronco.

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

AllthePonies

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Don't order a high end Bronco from a backed up dealer, it's that simple.
I like your Black Diamond with the aluminum rims. I havenā€™t seen many with that option. It looks good with the tinted windows.

Sponsored

ProdigyJKU

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I like your Black Diamond with the aluminum rims. I havenā€™t seen many with that option. It looks good with the tinted windows.
Thank you. I was so relieved when I saw that they were offering those optional wheels. The steel wheels were basically the only thing I don't like about the BD.

Altitude

Badlands
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Grand Cherokee, 2008 Suzuki B-King
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes, Ford initially promised that reservations would be built in the order in which they were received, but there was a disclosure on another page that you agreed to when making the reservation that says Ford can do whatever the Hell they want, and so they are.

AllthePonies

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thank you. I was so relieved when I saw that they were offering those optional wheels. The steel wheels were basically the only thing I don't like about the BD.
I got steelies on my BD to save the $1k. I was worried I wouldnā€™t like them at all, but Iā€™m ok with them in the end.

ProdigyJKU

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I got steelies on my BD to save the $1k. I was worried I wouldnā€™t like them at all, but Iā€™m ok with them in the end.
Had black steelies on my Jeep for 8 years, so I wanted to do something different. Was originally going to order it with the steel wheels, then snag some cheap take off wheels from a BL or SAS Bronco. But thpse optional wheelz worked out perfect.

The Black Diamond trim is a great value IMO, had 90% of what I wanted for WAY cheaper then the BL.

Buckaroo

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
šŸ˜‚ This forum cracks me up. Yā€™all ever seen network? Iā€™m mad as hell and I wonā€™t take it anymore! Thatā€™s like half the stuff on here. Reservations šŸ˜¢ granger šŸ˜­
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.