First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My Bronco is now telling me to check back seats for occupants when I shut it off. Just started doing this. Anyone else.
Sponsored

Mlarv

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco/ 2022 F150/ 1968 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yup a new idea for stupid people. You can turn it off, but in a few months it will turn itself back on. It is under settings then vehicle I think.

JimmyG

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and Cadillacs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

https://www.fordservicecontent.com/...ringEnabled=True&userMarket=USA&buildtype=web

Also to note how it works if you want:

HOW DOES THE REAR OCCUPANT ALERT SYSTEM WORK

The system monitors when rear doors have been opened and closed to indicate the potential presence of an occupant in the rear seat.
A message displays in the information and entertainment display screen and an audible warning sounds when you switch the ignition off after any of the following conditions have been met:
  • A rear door is opened or closed while the ignition is on.
  • You switch the ignition on within 15 minutes of a rear door opening and closing.
  • You switch the ignition on within 15 minutes of the alert having displayed or sounded.

OP
OP
Area51BS

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It was in settings. You receive a reminder twice a year when you select off it says.

Sponsored

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You may not need it, and you may think it’s dumb…but watch the news come summer and hear about all the small children left on backseats that die. Every year we hear about a parent who left a child in the back seat in their car seat because they were asleep and they “forgot” they had a kid 🤦🏼‍♂️

school busses, day care busses etc also have this feature AND they have cameras now. All because people leave their kids🤷🏼‍♂️

I raised my child in the late 90’s and early 2000’s in a car seat in cars like an 85 Nissan Pulsar and a 98 Dodge Durango….never once did I get out of the vehicle without my daughter.

but as I am older and don’t have a small child to worry about anymore, I turned this off

Bruno

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yup a new idea for stupid people. You can turn it off, but in a few months it will turn itself back on. It is under settings then vehicle I think.
Accidents happen, it does not mean you are "stupid". Some very smart people have accidentally killed their kids by leaving them in the back seat on a hot day

Yukon65006

Badlands
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 Jeep Patriot, 06 BMW F650GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Turned mine off a year ago and have never received any reminder or had it turn itself back on.

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Accidents happen, it does not mean you are "stupid". Some very smart people have accidentally killed their kids by leaving them in the back seat on a hot day
It's actually a very difficult problem to deal with, you annoy some to hopefully prevent a family's tragedy. Here in Texas, cars get hot very fast (like HOT). I've been in the parking at Krogers more than once when a mother locked her keys in the car and someone's bashing on the windows to get in. It's a tough thing.

Sponsored

Whodat

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Can easily be turned off in seatings. If you don't want it on just turn it off.

Bruno

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It's actually a very difficult problem to deal with, you annoy some to hopefully prevent a family's tragedy. Here in Texas, cars get hot very fast (like HOT). I've been in the parking at Krogers more than once when a mother locked her keys in the car and someone's bashing on the windows to get in. It's a tough thing.
yea... And we dont need to call those people "stupid"

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

yea... And we dont need to call those people "stupid"
I don't know they meant anything by it. Sometimes people vent because they're annoyed is all.
Sponsored