hereatsfba

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 M4, '23 2dr Badlands SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Great information, thank you for this. I am awaiting my 2023 BB 4dr hardtop scheduled to be built Apr. 17th. What MY are you? Does anyone know if MIC top issues still present on MY23?
I picked up my MY23 2 Dr badlands in the end of January, for the last couple of months I have been having my dealer fixing punchlist items, they have been great BTW, I can highly recommend Walnut Creek Ford. The last remaining Item was the wind noise from the passenger side roof panel and a rattle in the drivers side rear window. The service guys replaced the top but the gap wasn't addressed. The dealership contacted Ford and their response was, you're gonna love this, the wind noise is an " Undesirable Characteristic" of the Bronco and there was no remedy at this time. I like many other folks here have an air leak that starts at about 40 MPH and it sounds like the window is down about 1/4" creating a lot of cabin noise. I will wait for the dealership to exhaust their efforts as they are still trying to resolve the issue, they are being pretty diligent about doing their job. I'll try some of the home remedies after that.
Sponsored

C.O. Julius

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill Geiger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Was there ever an update on this air leak? I have the same issue which seems the same troubleshooting. Gaskets replaced twice and the dealership just said that it's turbulance and 4 doors also have the leak.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Was there ever an update on this air leak? I have the same issue which seems the same troubleshooting. Gaskets replaced twice and the dealership just said that it's turbulance and 4 doors also have the leak.
Hello, Bill! Send us a private message with your VIN and the name and location of your local Ford dealer. I’d be happy to see what I can do to assist with this concern. Thanks!

OP
OP
mdfilip

mdfilip

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Shelby GT350, 22 Bronco BL, 29 Ford Roadster
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hello, Bill! Send us a private message with your VIN and the name and location of your local Ford dealer. I’d be happy to see what I can do to assist with this concern. Thanks!
Ya that does not work... I sent message... started a case... went to the dealer 3 times and still nothing! I have currently 5 Fords and have had many in the past and rethinking my loyalty to the brand over a stupid wind noise that Ford refuses to fix after I have done the hard work and pointed to all the problem areas.

OP
OP
mdfilip

mdfilip

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My dealer thought it was acceptable to add Home Depot universal weather seal to a $50,000 truck :rolleyes: Any every time is goes there they mess something else up. Last time they drove it over 100 miles a and left the fuel almost empty... took the roof off and looks like they left it outside in a desert for a week... the inside roll bar was covered in what looks like body shop dust. I have about had it with Ford

Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ya that does not work... I sent message... started a case... went to the dealer 3 times and still nothing! I have currently 5 Fords and have had many in the past and rethinking my loyalty to the brand over a stupid wind noise that Ford refuses to fix after I have done the hard work and pointed to all the problem areas.
I'm not a Ford apologist, but maybe you bought the wrong kind of vehicle. "Kid, it ain't that kind of movie." - Harrison Ford.

OP
OP
mdfilip

mdfilip

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm not a Ford apologist, but maybe you bought the wrong kind of vehicle. "Kid, it ain't that kind of movie." - Harrison Ford.
Move on you know nothing... I was a auto tech for 30 years, I know what I'm talking about. My 95 Wrangler had less wind noise

Coldsmoke

Badlands
First Name
Knuckles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Move on you know nothing... I was a auto tech for 30 years, I know what I'm talking about. My 95 Wrangler had less wind noise
Go easy. There's no need to reply in an ugly manner. I too have owned multiple Jeeps and two of them were inexplicably like a wind storm inside the cabin when driving above 35 mph. The Jeep dealer kind of threw up their hands, but over time I was able to tweak things to quiet it down. It's the nature of the beast and I think that is what Indio22 was trying to suggest.

I now have a '21 Bronco Badlands and have had some wind noise issues although the Bronco was reasonably quiet until there was a cross wind over 50mph. I had used a smoke machine as you mentioned at the top of this thread and a number of the suggestions from the forums have worked well to reduce the noise at highway speeds, but it's not as quiet as my F150 or Explorer and I wouldn't expect it to be.
Personally, I find it a waste of time to get the dealer involved for these type of issues. It just leads to a lot of time without your vehicle and a lot of frustration when the issue continues. For the most part, I suspect they are limited to just replacing what is there and not getting creative like some of the folks on this forum. Anyway, the dealer doesn't seem to have the time or inclination to solve air leaks. It takes a lot of "hunting and pecking" to find the leak.
Regardless, I wish you the best in getting this resolved.

C.O. Julius

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill Geiger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You know. That is a very good possibility. If I was 15years younger or lived in a climate where my roof isn't on 85% of the time I'd tend to agree with you.

However, when you buy a vehicle, any vehicle for that matter, you expect a certain level of completeness. I get that I am driving a big box that acts as a sail from a boat, I can live with the tire noise of 35" all terrains, but the chronic whistling at normal speeds and the non challant attitude of the dealer is disheartening.

OP
OP
mdfilip

mdfilip

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You know. That is a very good possibility. If I was 15years younger or lived in a climate where my roof isn't on 85% of the time I'd tend to agree with you.

However, when you buy a vehicle, any vehicle for that matter, you expect a certain level of completeness. I get that I am driving a big box that acts as a sail from a boat, I can live with the tire noise of 35" all terrains, but the chronic whistling at normal speeds and the non challant attitude of the dealer is disheartening.
Exactly

Sponsored

TheShark

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 4DR Wildtrak, 2023 Maverick XLT FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I don't think there really is an argument here. Most all of us HT owners would agree the HT is one of the single biggest failures on the Bronco. From the noise, leaks, cracks, honeycombing, discoloration, rear windows exploding...I could go on and on. It is what it is, I paid $695 (before price increase) for it and frankly that's about all its worth. We are seeing how third party vendors are making a much better product albeit for more $$. Now knock on wood my top has been decent so far, we shall see how long that lasts.

LivingPeachy

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2 Door Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I picked up my MY23 2 Dr badlands in the end of January, for the last couple of months I have been having my dealer fixing punchlist items, they have been great BTW, I can highly recommend Walnut Creek Ford. The last remaining Item was the wind noise from the passenger side roof panel and a rattle in the drivers side rear window. The service guys replaced the top but the gap wasn't addressed. The dealership contacted Ford and their response was, you're gonna love this, the wind noise is an " Undesirable Characteristic" of the Bronco and there was no remedy at this time. I like many other folks here have an air leak that starts at about 40 MPH and it sounds like the window is down about 1/4" creating a lot of cabin noise. I will wait for the dealership to exhaust their efforts as they are still trying to resolve the issue, they are being pretty diligent about doing their job. I'll try some of the home remedies after that.
This sounds a lot like what I have experienced with my Bronco. At about 40 mph I hear what sounds like a window is down on the passenger side. Im sure its coming from the front hardtop gasket gap on the passenger side. The original dealership I bought it from didn't do anything about it besides just "adjust" it. I took it in to another dealership last week and just got the call saying that "it is what it is based on the other Broncos on the lot". So now I'm SOL because I can shine light through it and hear the air leak from there. Dealer refuses to replace the gasket.

@Ford Motor Company Can I get some help here?

Ford Bronco MIC Hardtop 2.0 Wind Noise - Leaks Locations Found IMG_5858

Last edited:

ThatWilsonGuy

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' Raptor | 23' BL SAS | Sport FE (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I don't know that I will have any success in disuading the "you bought the wrong vehicle" sentiments but I'll share my anecdote.

TLDR - Your experience is always going to be different than someone else's and dismissing them outright with snide comments makes this a much less productive and enjoyable place to be.

For context, before the Bronco was release I told my wife that of lot of people who haven't been exposed to Jeep like vehicles were going to get one and be in for an unpleasant reality about the concessions of living with a 4x4 removable top/door vehicle, and typical jeep forum "turn up the radio" solutions were not going to be taken well.

Coming from a soft top JK that I learned to live with and make the most of, I was reasonable confident I would be okay with what ever the reality of a hard top Bronco was going to be. I flew to get my Raptor and drove it 8 hours home. I was immediately put at ease about how quiet and comfortable it was. It honestly exceeded my expectation.

Fast forward 4 months and I'm currently riding shotgun in my wife's new (picked it up Wednesday) 2dr BL-SAS on the interstate thinking there is some wind noise that is unacceptable. Probably the gap in the seal or window alignment I've seen here and on many other posts as I kill time in the passenger seat. There is noticably more road noise (M/T vs A/T) and a little more stiffness in the suspension vs the Raptor but still so much better than my 2dr Rubicon.

All of that to say, your experience is always going to be different than someone else's and dismissing them outright with snide comments makes this a much less productive and enjoyable place to be.

Thanks to those documenting their experience, sharing what has fixed things, and generally trying to improve the Bronco experience for everyone.

WannaJL

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wannabe Bronco owner
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Was supposed to put in an order tomorrow morning, but after reading the way Ford handled this boondoggle, I will be spending my money elsewhere. This is absolutely unacceptable for the price these things cost.

Sorry Ford, you made your bed…

Az_Squatch_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands w/ sasquatch pkg - Carbonized Grey
Your Bronco Model
Badlands