First Name
Jourdan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Maybe it is the booze... but I don’t understand the confusion.

With both the MIC and Modular tops... the entire rear clam shell is removable. It is shaped and designed to attach to the vehicle in exactly the same way. They’re basically the same top, just made out of different material.

Additionally, the two side windows on the mod clam shell are removable. They pop out of the frame.

On both tops, the rear-most flip up glass is bolted to the clamshell at the hinges. When you remove the hard top, the rear glass comes with it. It’s permanently attached to the top because you have the wiper, washer, and defrost hardware in it. In this way, the rear top and glass are exactly like how they are found on the Jeep Wrangler.
Got it, and thank you! I'm not discounting that its likely the booze, but I was reading the previous replies as the rear clamshell on the Mod top wasn't designed to be removed. Confusion resolved...carry on with your new year's eve!
Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Got it, and thank you! I'm not discounting that its likely the booze, but I was reading the previous replies as the rear clamshell on the Mod top wasn't designed to be removed. Confusion resolved...carry on with your new year's eve!
200.gif

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
@JayKay Here is my booze-proof visual aid. For the modular top, you can remove the window with the green checkmark without tools. The rear hatch window is not meant to be removed (red X) from the rear clam shell. I was just stating earlier that with the proper tools anything can be removed. Sorry for the confusion.

Ford Bronco MIC Hardtop vs Modular Painted 1609477011466

Last edited:

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@JayKay Here is my booze-proof visual aid. For the modular top, you can remove the window with the green checkmark without tools. The rear hatch window is not meant to be removed (red X) from the rear clam shell. I was just saying that with the proper tools anything can be removed. Sorry for the confusion.

Really?

You went for the body colored mod top?

Now you’re just kicking us while we’re down.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Really?

You went for the body colored mod top?

Now you’re just kicking us while we’re down.
It’s the only pic of a modular top I have. ?

Sponsored

Rubisquatch

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Can someone in Michigan do a drive by of the Webasto plant in Plymouth Twp, MI and see if it looks ready to make tops very soon or if it doesn’t even have walls or a roof yet? If it has a door, maybe walk in and ask a few questions when they‘ll be up a running. This info will help a lot of people make a more informed decision on the top they want.

JayKay

Badlands
First Name
Jourdan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@JayKay Here is my booze-proof visual aid. For the modular top, you can remove the window with the green checkmark without tools. The rear hatch window is not meant to be removed (red X) from the rear clam shell. I was just stating earlier that with the proper tools anything can be removed. Sorry for the confusion.

Now that the fog of last night has lifted, I get it and see what you were previously saying. Thank you.

Have there been any specs on the modular tops released yet? Or videos of it going on and off? Curious if the rear clamshell is still heavy and awkward and a 2+ person operation to remove like the MIC top and all Jeep hardtops.

mdepll

Black Diamond
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sorento
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Can someone in Michigan do a drive by of the Webasto plant in Plymouth Twp, MI and see if it looks ready to make tops very soon or if it doesn’t even have walls or a roof yet? If it has a door, maybe walk in and ask a few questions when they‘ll be up a running. This info will help a lot of people make a more informed decision on the top they want.
Good idea!!!

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Have there been any specs on the modular tops released yet? Or videos of it going on and off? Curious if the rear clamshell is still heavy and awkward and a 2+ person operation to remove like the MIC top and all Jeep hardtops.
Not sure on specs, but it will definitely be a two person job, unless you don’t care about your hardtop or your Bronco’s paint. ? On my Isuzu, removing the sunroof/moonroof panel really helps lighten the load before removal. One reason I love the modular top is that you can pop out the side windows and gunners hatch to lighten things up during removal. I’m not expecting it to be super heavy, but I think these things are always a bit awkward. ?

Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Now that the fog of last night has lifted, I get it and see what you were previously saying. Thank you.

Video of the MIC top is the only video we have. Modular top should operate the same way but we don’t actually know what the weight or rigidity differences will be.

I will say that just judging by how it moves, and the way these people are moving, it appears much lighter than my Wrangler top.

https://www.bronco6g.com/2021-bronco-hard-top-how-to-video-remove-roof-rails-panels-and-hardtop/

M&M Beer

Outer Banks
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge-F-150 Supercrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I’m debating on waiting for the shadow black modular top but I will not wait if the difference between the two is only the color. I am so confused on this - I hear the modular has side windows that can be removed and the MIC doesn’t etc.
My dealer claims the only difference is color but I’m not too confident in their level of knowledge on anything Bronco.

Can someone please provide me with this info? Right now I have my deposit in for a Badlands Squatch in Area 51. I have a 7/17/20 reservation so pretty early and I don’t want to wait for a top that is no different other than color. I can always get the top painted - and the mirrors and fenders while I’m at it.
Your going to have to wait for the painted top. The mic one is not the same color if you want black wait if you go with the mic it will be a faded black/gray color and will not match your mirror's or bumpers. I am waiting for for the painted top for my Outer Banks

firefox33

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Perhaps another aspect of the MIC/Modular roofs is the design of rear center roof section. I think the Modular roof is designed to stay on with the two side panels removed, not sure if that would be the case with the MIC if the side panels were some how “removed”.

JAG2

Badlands
First Name
Jag
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is the modular still late availability or was there an update I missed?

Bodge Garage

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Land Rover Discovery, Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The only thing I want out of the modular top in the ability to pop the rear windows out. Since I am getting a 2 door I will miss putting down the back windows for cruising the woods or for the dog. For the buy up and apparent delay I will likely pass. I have my fingers crossed there maybe an aftermarket rear slider option for the MIC top. For me that would be ideal.

40sliders_05-big.jpg
Sponsored