Sascrotch

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetpack
Your Bronco Model
Base
MIC top looks better than black on every paint option except for AMB, and AMB is the worst color.
Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So my WT is probably going to be a 2022 (allocations, supply chain, etc)

I was good with the MIC, good with my complimentary color choice (Silver), and great on the discounted $1.9.

Now I'm wondering if I should get the Modular Top? I think the only unknown factor for me is the quality. Do we think the MIC is "cheap" or is the Mod more expensive simply because of the extra window removals and the Paint?

OP
OP

Pdaddy

Badlands
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yukon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
With the Modular being more $ and 50% heavier, one would have to think it’s a more substantial roof and more sound proof

BigBend1

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Escape Hybrid, 2012 Boss 302
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I stopped by a body shop today that does some pretty custom stuff on top of the normal insurance to ask about painting the top. He said that he wouldn't want to attempt it. He said one little chip and the paint just starts peeling off the textured material. His best guess, it would look OK for a year. He recommended I go the the LineX guy and have it painted, they can pretty much match any color with that stuff he thinks. Obviously the LineX will have texture. That seems the way to go to get my white top.
I have heard from several folks considering Line X, the only problem is that depending on how tightly the roof panel fit, Line X being a bit thicker it could be very problematic in getting the roof panels to fit properly, if at all and would also be problematic in leaking issues.

NotAnonymous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
With the Modular being more $ and 50% heavier, one would have to think it’s a more substantial roof and more sound proof
That added heft is why I'm eyeing the Mod top too if I can swing it within my budget. Hell, I'm already gonna be pushed into MY22 anyway.

Sponsored

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have heard from several folks considering Line X, the only problem is that depending on how tightly the roof panel fit, Line X being a bit thicker it could be very problematic in getting the roof panels to fit properly, if at all and would also be problematic in leaking issues.
In doing Jeep Tops I can tell you that the only way to avoid interference is to take some color that matches the color you are going with on the top and spray that on the inside surfaces (while masking off every millimeter of the seal of course) where panels overlap and latch, and in tight areas.
Spray the material as you normally would, but avoid piling it up on the edges where panels meet.
The pre-sprayed areas blend in just fine and everything still fits as it should.

jntaylor1701

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco II Eddie Bauer
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

I was good with the MIC, good with my complimentary color choice (Silver), and great on the discounted $1.9.

Now I'm wondering if I should get the Modular Top? I think the only unknown factor for me is the quality. Do we think the MIC is "cheap" or is the Mod more expensive simply because of the extra window removals and the Paint?
For me, its the Modular or Bust. To be able to roll down the windows, take the front panels off AND the rear quarter windows will help create a good wind flow and reduce the wind baffling.

I hate having to wait MORE for this top. I may just keep the soft top and get the Modular separately from Ford. I may not have things like a defroster but I can live with that.

jrstorm1007

Big Bend
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2007 Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

For me, its the Modular or Bust. To be able to roll down the windows, take the front panels off AND the rear quarter windows will help create a good wind flow and reduce the wind baffling.

I hate having to wait MORE for this top. I may just keep the soft top and get the Modular separately from Ford. I may not have things like a defroster but I can live with that.
I'm not sure I can go without rear defroster and wiper on a DD. Sure sideviews work, but it's nothing like just looking out the back.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The Mod Top I thought was late availability, but that is late 2021...as of recent that really is not late since the rest of us are having to wait to 22.

So the Black top may not be that much MORE of a delay.

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The Mod Top I thought was late availability, but that is late 2021...as of recent that really is not late since the rest of us are having to wait to 22.

So the Black top may not be that much MORE of a delay.
A source close to Ford stated on Blue Oval, they are now expected "Septemberish" (his word).

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Wildtrak is not late availablity. They just don't have enough of them to meet the perceived demand of the wildtrak

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford Bronco MIC Hardtop vs Modular Painted Image 1-22-21 at 5.26 PM

The gray vs the black where the window meets the top bothers me....
I had never noticed that before. It must be part of the top because of the frameless door.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I had never noticed that before. It must be part of the top because of the frameless door.
Ford Bronco MIC Hardtop vs Modular Painted E6AC052C-7A58-4620-861C-5172332B0A95

Nope. Part of the roll bar.
Sponsored