First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I jus want the top of the thing to be painted same colour as the body. Not much to ask haha. How long till this actually happens. Sucks we have to keep debating about this
So you want the rest of the Bronco MIC gray?

Sponsored

mdepll

Black Diamond
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sorento
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That's why I'm not a fan of body-color tops. They make Broncos (and Jeeps) look like a RAV4. To each their own.

In any case, body-color tops are MY22.
Doesn’t make sense why the rest of the world can deliver body-colour tops now but bronco’s can’t have them?

also, fair point about standing out with unique two colour suv- top and body
But there are other ways to stand out and still look nice

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Doesn’t make sense why the rest of the world can deliver body-colour tops now but bronco’s can’t have them?
They will have them, just not in the first MY. They're just trying to get these things out there. And there's a big difference between a fiberglass top and one that is part of the vehicle. The modular tops will be manufactured by another company, then painted elsewhere, then brought to the Ford factory.

Hornet

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
They will have them, just not in the first MY. They're just trying to get these things out there. And there's a big difference between a fiberglass top and one that is part of the vehicle. The modular tops will be manufactured by another company, then painted elsewhere, then brought to the Ford factory.
Not made in the USA. :(

Sponsored

cmb

Wildtrak
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubi, 2020 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

That's why I'm not a fan of body-color tops. They make Broncos (and Jeeps) look like a RAV4. To each their own.

In any case, body-color tops are MY22.
Have never liked the body-color tops on the Jeep, just don't look right to me. Also if you do any wheeling believe the painted tops are much easier to scratch up and it shows more when you do.

Al Cowlings

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Have never liked the body-color tops on the Jeep, just don't look right to me. Also if you do any wheeling believe the painted tops are much easier to scratch up and it shows more when you do.
Gotta disagree with this second point. The black Jeep hardtop scratches just as easily as paint. Ask me how I know! What I really wish is that one of these companies would offer a bedlined version of the hardtop.

Related: One advantage of a painted hardtop is that you can apply PPF to it. For people concerned about trail rash/pinstriping, this is a plus (assuming you have the $$$ for the PPF).

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Is anyone hearing more on the top leaks?

Do we know whether its BOTH MIC/MOD, or is one having more problems? The MOD certainly has more separable joints.

Also FYI, I shot off an email to Bestop who will make the 2-door top...in hopes they'd tell me a 'tan' was planned (since that'd make Race Red more attractive to me). Nothing finalized, but they 'guessed' it would be Black Twill, just like the Jeep.

JayKay

Badlands
First Name
Jourdan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@Beach_Bum @Bronc-O

tenor.gif

I... I got.... I got.... I got here....... I got here as fast.... as I could......

1ECB0F1E-ED22-4AE8-AA4E-1BC00AC6D2DA.jpeg

did.... did I miss it?
I’m 100% in on the mod top and have seen this posted multiple times but never read the whole thing. It says the both MIC and mod have removable clamshell but I wanted to verify that was the case on the mod top. Is the rear cargo window removable with the modular top? I don’t recall ever seeing it removed in its few appearances.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Is the rear cargo window removable with the modular top? I don’t recall ever seeing it removed in its few appearances.
No, not as a function at least. With the right set of tools, sure. ;)
Sponsored