First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Found a Bronco owner near my location selling their MIC after changing to a Bestop. He got his Bronco 3 months ago. He's asking $6k.

Bronco Reddit said it's probably worth more like $3k or hold off for aftermarket... Looking at you Adv Performance.

I know it's worth what someone is willing to pay. I like the soft top for ease of use and ability on the fly to open the roof but I prefer the look of the hard top and aftermarket roof racks.

Thoughts?
Sponsored

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Since nothing aftermarket is available for less than $6k, I'd say that's about fair market value. $3k seems way too cheap.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The reality of it is that aftermarket hard tops are going for $6000+. Is it worth $6000?? Honest, probably not. But hard tops are in short supply and there isn't a whole lot of market competition to push prices lower.

So... whether I like it or not... $6000 is definitely close to market value. Would I personally spend $6000 on the factory hard top? No, I would not.

Sponsored

jacknifetoaswan

Wildtrak
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/PP
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm seriously considering selling mine, as I really like the Bestop. If I do, I'll be starting at $8k. Availability, even in the aftermarket, is going to continue being an issue for some time, and that's driving prices. All the same, if I can eliminate like 25% of what's left on my note and get something out of my garage that's been used for exactly six days, I'm going to do it. I think.

JR

Layman

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you don't do it at $6k, someone else will be along shortly with wads of $100 bills in their hand. Better do it soon or it willbe GONE.

He who hesitates is lost.

Riverjeep

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak, F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Found a Bronco owner near my location selling their MIC after changing to a Bestop. He got his Bronco 3 months ago. He's asking $6k.

Bronco Reddit said it's probably worth more like $3k or hold off for aftermarket... Looking at you Adv Performance.

I know it's worth what someone is willing to pay. I like the soft top for ease of use and ability on the fly to open the roof but I prefer the look of the hard top and aftermarket roof racks.

Thoughts?
The thought of buying a hardtop for $6000 when it was on my sticker for $695 makes me say a hard NO! That is why it was a deal breaker to me to have a hardtop from the factory. Paying $6000 is like paying $3000 to $4000 over msrp for a dual top factory Bronco, I don’t do over msrp!

Sponsored

swami37

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Ford F-1 and 2020 F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Good used = 50% of new

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Thoughts?
Too much for an OEM. Just my opinion

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Good used = 50% of new
But what if new is not available? 🤔

People have priced a piecemealed over the counter MIC top in the 10-12k range with most parts being on back order.

As far as buying a used MIC for $6k, guaranteed* you're not gonna find one cheaper.

*Guarantee is not a real not a real guarantee but an exaggeration used for emphasis. Should one successfully disprove the hyperbolic guarantee no monetary or other consideration will be afforded the disprover. However, the disprover will be allowed to revel in the satisfaction of an internet pown!11!1 and will be granted one internet point for the remainder of the day.

Last edited:

swami37

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Ford F-1 and 2020 F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
But what if new is not available? 🤔

People have priced a piecemealed over the counter MIC top in the 10-12k range with most parts being on back order.

As far as buying a used MIC for $6k, guaranteed you're not gonna find one cheaper.
Then you buy used. Not a tough premise to understand
Normal value is Good used = 50% of new

Kjbeggs

Outer Banks
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
For $6k I would get an Anderson Composites top, personally. The finish looks more solid, though time will tell.
THIS!
For $6K, the Anderson top is almost identical in style/fit, but most likely better build quality, plus their headliner looks about a million times better than OEM.

(I'd order from them myself, but I've got an order in w/ADV)
Sponsored