Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands, 20 Passport, 16 1190 Adventure
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why can't you paint the MIC top with a Rhino Liner or similar material?
Sponsored

OP
OP
UniBroncorn

UniBroncorn

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
TBH, if you're worried about scratches and fading, I'd get the painted hardtop and have a quality self-healing PPF applied. Runs about $5k for an entire vehicle, but everyone I know who has had it done friggin' loves it.
I think that MIC looks better just not sure of durability. Only thing I really like about MOD is rear windows can be removed. Also MIC is less than half price of MOD. Debating PPF on all painted parts and leave plastic parts as they are.

OP
OP
UniBroncorn

UniBroncorn

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I heard they were inconstructable.
...ya they are kind off. I mean Webasco & Ford basically stated they can't make enough of them.

Sponsored

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Early reports from an insider was that the MIC tops scratched pretty easy, and the handling and transport of them to keep them undamaged was part of the issues with webasto.

We will surely start to hear real world reports any day now… even if it does scratch easy. It might be the type of thing that one can easily touch up with a sharpie or something.
I thought one of the key selling points of the MIC was that scratches shouldn't really be visible since they are the same color all the way through. If that's actually true, then why are people stressing so much about scratches?

Just worried I'm missing something.

OP
OP
UniBroncorn

UniBroncorn

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I thought one of the key selling points of the MIC was that scratches shouldn't really be visible since they are the same color all the way through. If that's actually true, then why are people stressing so much about scratches?

Anyone want to test this?

*I take no liability*

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Interesting idea. I mean, it would likely add a fair amount of weight, but this thing is already on the chunky side, so who cares I guess. If it adheres ok to plastic (not sure; never used the store before) it could be a good solution. Unsure of my thoughts on that look though… I’m sure I could Google a picture of a Jeep top that someone’s done.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, that’s what we all thought… if it’s molded through it shouldn’t show anything, and then someone came on here and basically said “I hate to break it to you guys, but this thing scratches really easy.”

But that was early on, before the redesign… and we haven’t heard any reports either way since…

We really need to hear from the actual buyers now that they’re out in the wild.

myrealname123

Badlands
First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, that’s what we all thought… if it’s molded through it shouldn’t show anything, and then someone came on here and basically said “I hate to break it to you guys, but this thing scratches really easy.”

But that was early on, before the redesign… and we haven’t heard any reports either way since…

Happy forum birthday, Zack! 😂

Sponsored

rdass623

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road, Fiat 124 Abarth
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

if you have ever owned a rhino linings truck bed, you would know they fade in time also. they are nice and shiny for a year or so and they start to get a dry grey look to them. they are just a thick polyurethane.

when the top fades then you can get it sprayed or coated then... maybe we should find out if we can get financing and delivery before worrying about what happens in 5-10 years..

OP
OP
UniBroncorn

UniBroncorn

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

@PREMiERdrum care to contribute?