First Name
DAVE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 XTERRA '16 SUPER DUTY '18 EQUINOX DIESEL
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
On my '21 bd the rear top has started to delaminate in the area of where the top racks would clamp on. No racks installed. Took to my nearest dealer (not who I bought from) and had them look at it. The service rep at Corwin Ford took pictures and said he would send them to Ford and get back to me. This was on Wednesday. The rep just emailed me and said the rear top should be here next week. Wow!!!! Props to Cody. This is the dealer that also replaced my engine when it dropped a valve?. Even though I didn't buy my Bronco from them, (bought one vehicle in the past) I feel they are taking good care of me. Sorry no pics of the top as my flip phone doesn't do this well and I am enough of a dinosaur that I wouldn't know how to do it anyway.
Sponsored

DEC

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 640, Mustang Bullitt, Mazda 3, Honda Accord,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That’s good news. I have factory roof racks and I’ve been worried about that from day one. I never even installed my Yakima Platform in fear of it damaging the paper mâché top.

OP
OP

BRBUSTER72

Black Diamond
First Name
DAVE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 XTERRA '16 SUPER DUTY '18 EQUINOX DIESEL
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That’s good news. I have factory roof racks and I’ve been worried about that from day one. I never even installed my Yakima Platform in fear of it damaging the paper mâché top.
I think the top itself is solid enough. I think the problem with mine in because after the pieces are formed they grind the edges to true them up. If they aren't perfect it leaves voids in the edges and I think this caused the delam. If the edges were molded when made to seal them I think they would be fine. With mine, once the delamination started, it has creeped out further and all it will do is get worse.
Sponsored