mC.242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend 4dr (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Hi All,

This may get filed as a "my dealer doesn't know what they are talking about" post but this is what I learned when I called to schedule my top replacement.

I recieved the letter from Ford saying I could now schedule my top replacement with my dealer, so I gave them a call.

After talking to a few people there, they informed me that replacement is not a guarantee - that they need to inspect the top, send pics to Ford and get it approved based on appearance of the exposed seams.

Won't the issue happen to all tops with exposed seams eventually? Isn't this a customer satisfaction fix due the the 1.0 tops being garbage?

My top also makes that horrendous popping noise, which I think the 2.0 Top (supposedly) fixes.

Well, this really seems like some BS to me - the communication previously seemed to be that EVERY MIC 1.0 top would get replaced as the defect will eventually effect all tops.

So they said I would need to make an appointment to leave my Bronco there for at least 1/2 day, they would evaluate, and either replace it or send me home.

@Ford Motor Company can you please weigh in here and let us know what's the truth?

If it really is evaluated case-by-case and not a guaranteed replacement, I feel like we were seriously misled.
Sponsored

BudgetBronco

Base
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee Overland
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You nailed it: "my dealer doesn't know what they are talking about"

69 Mach I

Big Bend
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F-150, '87 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I got the same letter a couple of weeks ago. I believe it stated that we have until September 2022 to replace. Think I'm going to wait until next Summer to get my changed.....maybe by then they will figure out how to make quality tops :ROFLMAO:

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What you described is the standard warranty work procedure it sounds like...Would not surprise me if it is accurate.

Also, MIC 2.0 is just as shit. Leaks, seams tearing apart, severe noise.. my thread has it all. 70 pages or so of crap at this point.

The truth is there is no MIC 2.0. There are new front panels and old MIC shells as far as I can tell. Don't think they actually changed the rearmost portion for anyone. The flaws go too deep to be fixed with a simple mould.

Pkrpro19

Badlands
First Name
Jaxon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5 M Sport, Mercedes Benz E350, Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Its a recall, 100% is replaced no questions asked. The only thing the dealer needs to do is submit the vin for the replacement top because the replacement is vin specific.

Sponsored

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Pkrpro19

Badlands
First Name
Jaxon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I got the same letter a couple of weeks ago. I believe it stated that we have until September 2022 to replace. Think I'm going to wait until next Summer to get my changed.....maybe by then they will figure out how to make quality tops :ROFLMAO:

FYI- Ford is not making the top, its a third party company.

MN_OuterBanks

Outer Banks
First Name
AW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 SuperCrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Total bullshit. It’s an actual recall. Your dealer is a moron.

Pkrpro19

Badlands
First Name
Jaxon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I work in a Ford dealership and handle these issues, its being treat like a recall. Only certain vins are affected.
That may be what Ford said, but they also said there was a MIC 2.0. Its all smoke and mirrors..

Sponsored

Pkrpro19

Badlands
First Name
Jaxon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That may be what Ford said, but they also said there was a MIC 2.0. Its all smoke and mirrors..
We haven't had a single issue with Bronco and our dealership.

Pkrpro19

Badlands
First Name
Jaxon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There's a lot going on that Ford doesn't want released into the public. You can tell by how many Broncos sit in production. Shady shit. Worst communication I have ever seen. Period.
Y'all do realize there's a massive shipping problem and parts shortage??? While most of everything is made in the USA for the Bronco, cv-19 shutdowns have affected everything. Be patient.

Dragline

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Yukon Denali, GMC Sierra 1500, Honda Civic, Chevy C3500
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
It's dealer BS. August letter from Ford...note the word all. Of course Ford also said they'd be replacing all the roofs on built Broncos before building more, which wasn't exactly true.

Ford Bronco MIC Top 1.0 Replacement is NOT guaranteed Screenshot_20211118-213155_Outlook

NM_21Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Y'all do realize there's a massive shipping problem and parts shortage??? While most of everything is made in the USA for the Bronco, cv-19 shutdowns have affected everything. Be patient.
And zero communication for months at a time??? Sorry Bout the excessive punctuation
Sponsored