Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR Def90, F250 7.3, Caterham 7, LR Series III, etc
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How big are the pins and how big is the hole? Seems like some silicone tubing of the right ID would give some more thickness and could be an option?
Someone got a micrometer to pursue these two measurements?
Cannot help but think in this day and age of tight tolerances that a grommet of the appropriate size(s) could be sourced… McMaster-Carr has rarely let me down.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Someone got a micrometer to pursue these two measurements?
Cannot help but think in this day and age of tight tolerances that a grommet of the appropriate size(s) could be sourced… McMaster-Carr has rarely let me down.
I like your idea better. It should have left the factory with rubber grommets.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This is how MIC 2.0 looked on my Dirt Mountain Bronco looked when it arrived at the dealership,

Ford Bronco MIC 2.0 replacement not acceptable! 20210930_175956
That looks terrible. Is it my imagination or can you actually see light through that hole?

Ric

Big Bend
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 F 350 DRW 7.3 Power Stroke, 2021 Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have a June 21 build.
I am scheduled for a new roof, so I assume that I have a 1.0?
No leaks so far, popping sound yes and whistling when driving above 20 kph.
I also get a pretty good whistle when I turn the fan up.

Sponsored

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My local dealer called me yesterday to bring in my Bronco, purchased 7/21, to replace the original hard top. I insisted on looking at the 2.0 version before they installed it. When I looked at the side glass that they had installed by a local glass shop, I noticed that the black sealant had several spots where the sealant had big globs showing over the trim and on the glass. It may have been ok but it looked like crap! I asked the Service Manager why I would replace my top with something worse? He said that’s just the way it is. I refused to accept it- he said that’s fine, he would hold it for the next customer. No offer to make it right. Not a happy Bronco owner right now! Y’all think I’m overreacting??
Maybe you are overreacting, hard to judge if you're overreacting because we have no photo. I would think the glass shop could remove the "glob". My MIC 2 top from Dirt Mountain is quite nice. But if you like your MIC1 better, thats your choice . . . You'll just have not fulfilled a recall.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don’t know if shrink tubing is thick enough, may take a few layers. But yes, there are many possible materials you could use to fix this. My plastic wrapper condim fix literally came out of the trash can at a gas station during a road trip. I had pins popping off all around in full stereo mode, couldn’t take it.
You're a brave man, my friend, rooting through gas station trash cans to pull out discarded condoms. ;)

Channels321

Outer Banks
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 WRX, 1981 Z28
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
With no pics it is hard to say for sure if OP is overreacting, but based on the info provided I would say yes it is an overreaction.

Did the service department refuse to remove the excess silicone?

Seems like it would be a simple 10min fix with a razor blade.

Also turning down a new MIC 2.0 may screw OP over in the future should the MIC 1.0 get worse overtime. Ford could deny to cover any warranty work or damage caused since they offered a free replacement and OP denied it.

JonD

Wildtrak
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburu Outback
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My local dealer called me yesterday to bring in my Bronco, purchased 7/21, to replace the original hard top. I insisted on looking at the 2.0 version before they installed it. When I looked at the side glass that they had installed by a local glass shop, I noticed that the black sealant had several spots where the sealant had big globs showing over the trim and on the glass. It may have been ok but it looked like crap! I asked the Service Manager why I would replace my top with something worse? He said that’s just the way it is. I refused to accept it- he said that’s fine, he would hold it for the next customer. No offer to make it right. Not a happy Bronco owner right now! Y’all think I’m overreacting??
Absolutely not.....

OP
OP

Bulldog5266

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wrapped my 1.0 and the snakeskin shows through the wrap. Honestly it actually make it a little MORE noticeable. Maybe because of the color change.
This is how MIC 2.0 looked on my Dirt Mountain Bronco looked when it arrived at the dealership,

Ford Bronco MIC 2.0 replacement not acceptable! 20210930_175956
Did they really send you home with that Bullsh__? It looks like Bad patch job (at night, in the rain) on ‘75 model camper window!

Sponsored
OP
OP

Bulldog5266

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
With no pics it is hard to say for sure if OP is overreacting, but based on the info provided I would say yes it is an overreaction.

Did the service department refuse to remove the excess silicone?

Seems like it would be a simple 10min fix with a razor blade.

Also turning down a new MIC 2.0 may screw OP over in the future should the MIC 1.0 get worse overtime. Ford could deny to cover any warranty work or damage caused since they offered a free replacement and OP denied it.
Yes, I will probably get screwed on any future warranty claims but I will not ride around with a window that is not properly installed.

Kekov721

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Feeling preeeeeeetty good about switching to the soft top and waiting for an after market solution ...

Exomodo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What do you expect of this 5th grade science experiment of making automotive panels out of recycled Amazon boxes?

OP
OP

Bulldog5266

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How does my 2.0 look? Going to take it in soon…
Ford Bronco MIC 2.0 replacement not acceptable! D75570D5-0829-4C74-B656-579D21E5DBC5
looks like my Dad’s 1980 Econoline conversion van. Just put up a curtain rod and a nice velvet curtain- no one will ever notice.
Sponsored