First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mine is MIC 2.0 and it has some snakeskin and a rough edge over the drivers side window. Not the end of the world, but I think there will be a MIC 3.0 before long.

Ford Bronco MIC 2.0 replacement not acceptable! 2FF8A037-A7B5-412F-8A7B-227045429E97

Ford Bronco MIC 2.0 replacement not acceptable! 24652921-979D-4A38-AE27-8A70D77E6BC0
Sponsored

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Which should have been done by the dealer!!!
Should have been done by the glass installer. Could have been done by the dealer afterwards. Can still be done by the dealer or customer.

Unfortunately, none of those parties can fix unsealed edges, delamination, and snakeskinning of the composite panels. Only Webasto/FoMoCo can fix those issues, which was the overall purpose of the MIC 2.0 replacement program.

Seems silly to give up the advantages of MIC 2.0 over a cosmetic, excess sealant issue that can be quickly trimmed off by any competent Forest Gump with a razor blade.

Happy

Black Diamond
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CJ5, Wagoneer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Is the snakeskin issue ONLY for the outside or is the snakeskin on the inside also considered a problem?

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not sure if it extends to cosmetic issues, but the function should be covered by my 8 year/100K Ford ESP warranty.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Bulldog5266

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Should have been done by the glass installer. Could have been done by the dealer afterwards. Can still be done by the dealer or customer.

Unfortunately, none of those parties can fix unsealed edges, delamination, and snakeskinning of the composite panels. Only Webasto/FoMoCo can fix those issues, which was the overall purpose of the MIC 2.0 replacement program.

Seems silly to give up the advantages of MIC 2.0 over a cosmetic, excess sealant issue that can be quickly trimmed off by any competent Forest Gump with a razor blade.
You are right- the 2.0 was promised to be

I didn’t see any of the promised 2.0 advantages- same unsealed edges with visible fibers that I have now, along with the sorry looking glass install. - no thanks! I’ll be praying something better comes along.

6D9CE78F-B79C-4B68-9A9F-930D85FC30F2.jpeg

bronco2drga

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have a two-door hardtop and this is above the passenger door, I have a big gap and if I put my flashlight on the inside I can see through it about a quarter inch. Anybody else seeing this?

21BL2DR

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BL 2dr, 2021 BB 4dr, 2022 BS 2dr, trifecta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't think I would have gotten too worked up over sealant globs, but it's certainly true that many "MIC 2.0" tops are not living up to expectations. If the edges or snakeskin aren't improved over what you already have, you were probably correct to reject the top.

The tops are pretty bad, there's no sugarcoating it.
My 2.0 top is perfect in every aspect. Every 2.0 top I have looked at (about 10 now) have also been very very nice, with zero issues.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I have a two-door hardtop and this is above the passenger door, I have a big gap and if I put my flashlight on the inside I can see through it about a quarter inch. Anybody else seeing this?
Yup. stuff some foam in there and the wind noise goes down a bit too. Shocking.

Ford Bronco MIC 2.0 replacement not acceptable! B905FC63-81DA-48E1-8C6A-8F5811E85B34

Sponsored

pakrat

Badlands
First Name
JG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner-F250-Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My 2.0 top is perfect in every aspect. Every 2.0 top I have looked at (about 10 now) have also been very very nice, with zero issues.
Still can't fix the ugly unfortunately. :(

21BL2DR

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BL 2dr, 2021 BB 4dr, 2022 BS 2dr, trifecta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Still can't fix the ugly unfortunately. :(
My initial plan has always been to paint it either body color or black. I bought a Bestop fastback top for it also and in the spring will be putting it on my 2 door. I might be simply storing the hard top and leaving the soft top on. Time will tell.

iamchewby

Badlands
First Name
Chewby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs