Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think there is some confirmation bias regarding the tops. Are you overreacting, probably. Has the Ford mic top earned the reputation...yep.

I have been happy with my MIC top. It's not perfect, but it's not shit either.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Bulldog5266

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am kind of dreading this same scenario. My 2 door 1.0 top has no leaks, no rattles, minimal snake skin. It does have the unsealed edge on the main roof section all the way around.

I am envisioning more than a couple of tries for them to show me a 2.0 that looks good enough to pass my inspection, and I will definitely be doing the same thing that you did, give it a very close look before I agree to the exchange.

And if the 'new and improved' one leaks or rattles I am going to be pissed.
Exactly…! I have waited a long time for a Bronco, paid a lot of money for it , and I refuse to accept a half-assed replacement top.

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Exactly…! I have waited a long time for a Bronco, paid a lot of money for it , and I refuse to accept a half-assed replacement top.
How many tops do you expect Ford send you until one meets your standards? Do you think they will keep sending them to you for approval?

JimmyG

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and Cadillacs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

but it's certainly true that many "MIC 2.0" tops are not living up to expectations.
Webasto is the supplier doing the tops correct? They are SHITE supplier. I've dealt with them on many levels. Horrific company. Sorry if anyone works there, but they just suck.

JimmyG

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and Cadillacs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How many tops do you expect Ford send you until one meets your standards? Do you think they will keep sending them to you for approval?
Happy customer is the goal right? Ford should bend over backwards for EVERY single customer that has thrown their cash at them. These Bronco sales will have them in the black for decades. So if it were me, yeah I'd expect them to make it EXACTLY right for me. Or I can sell the POS back to Ford for what I paid plus a 15% admin fee. Swallow that one a bit.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Bulldog5266

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My only standard at this point is to get something better- not worse.

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Happy customer is the goal right? Ford should bend over backwards for EVERY single customer that has thrown their cash at them. These Bronco sales will have them in the black for decades. So if it were me, yeah I'd expect them to make it EXACTLY right for me. Or I can sell the POS back to Ford for what I paid plus a 15% admin fee. Swallow that one a bit.
You can talk big, but you know it doesn't work as you describe.

DesertMike680

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
My 2.0 is starting to snakeskin a little - If Ford doesn't have any future resolution on, I might look into wrapping it. That is, if its able to stick to the MIC....

Sponsored

JimmyG

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and Cadillacs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You can talk big, but you know it doesn't work as you describe.
Nope it doesn't, that's why I'm saying it SHOULD. If people would turn their vehicles back in that they're not satisfied with maybe we'd make a difference. Sadly, that will never happen. And just to clarify, it wasn't "talking big" it was more of a rant. 😂

OP
OP

Bulldog5266

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My 2.0 is starting to snakeskin a little - If Ford doesn't have any future resolution on, I might look into wrapping it. That is, if its able to stick to the MIC....
I think it stinks that you would have to spend money on a brand new/improved product to make it right!

JimmyG

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and Cadillacs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

DesertMike680

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I think it stinks that you would have to spend money on a brand new/improved product to make it right!
Ugh, I know. Well, I wont be looking into it until maybe next fall, but that depends on Ford. I cant complain though as I have a Bronco!

BudgetBronco

Base
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee Overland
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I wrapped my 1.0 and the snakeskin shows through the wrap. Honestly it actually make it a little MORE noticeable. Maybe because of the color change.
Sponsored