First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I wrapped my 1.0 and the snakeskin shows through the wrap. Honestly it actually make it a little MORE noticeable. Maybe because of the color change.
Damn it. Really? Also, how much did you pay for the MIC wrap?
Sponsored

BudgetBronco

Base
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee Overland
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Damn it. Really? Also, how much did you pay for the MIC wrap?
Unfortunately, true. Automotive wrap is surprisingly thin. Much thinner than paint protection film. Wrap for just the top cost $170 ( https://amzn.to/3IuUCiP ), no labor I did it myself. Check my youtube channel if you want to see how I did it.

DesertMike680

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Unfortunately, true. Automotive wrap is surprisingly thin. Much thinner than paint protection film. Wrap for just the top cost $170 ( https://amzn.to/3IuUCiP ), no labor I did it myself. Check my youtube channel if you want to see how I did it.
Oh, I watched your entire video a few weeks back! I just realized it was you. How is it holding up otherwise?

BudgetBronco

Base
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee Overland
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Oh, I watched your entire video a few weeks back! I just realized it was you. How is it holding up otherwise?
Holding up OK. I have noticed a couple of places along the cut edge where it is not adhering as well.

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Like many other surfaces in and on the Bronco, a coating of linex or similar epoxy bedliner would probably work on the roof panels. They make bedliner in white. A quick scuff with 100 grin, masking, and shoot it. If I had a MIC 1.0 I’d consider experimenting.

Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The popping noises can easily be fixed. It’s the guide pins. I made some condoms for them out of plastic wrapper and the noises are completely gone. It was driving me crazy. I will eventually do a more permanent fix somehow, or I suspect someone will release a silicon condom etc.
Have you thought about just using some shrink tubing? I don't have my Bronco yet, but that was what I was thinking of doing.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Have you thought about just using some shrink tubing? I don't have my Bronco yet, but that was what I was thinking of doing.
I don’t know if shrink tubing is thick enough, may take a few layers. But yes, there are many possible materials you could use to fix this. My plastic wrapper condim fix literally came out of the trash can at a gas station during a road trip. I had pins popping off all around in full stereo mode, couldn’t take it.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I don’t know if shrink tubing is thick enough, may take a few layers. But yes, there are many possible materials you could use to fix this. My plastic wrapper condim fix literally came out of the trash can at a gas station during a road trip. I had pins popping off all around in full stereo mode, couldn’t take it.
I love it - trash fixing trash. And just to be clear for other readers, my comment doesn't refer to the Bronco as trash just the MIC. I have made it clear to others in a private conversation and that is to treat the MIC as disposable. Wrap it, paint it, Line-X it, whatever - just don't count on it lasting as the construction of it is flawed. I'd accept a Bronco with Saran-Wrap covering the cockpit if it was an option.

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

They make both Kynar and PTFE heat shrink tubing. Both of those might work as well.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I love it - trash fixing trash. And just to be clear for other readers, my comment doesn't refer to the Bronco as trash just the MIC. I have made it clear to others in a private conversation and that is to treat the MIC as disposable. Wrap it, paint it, Line-X it, whatever - just don't count on it lasting as the construction of it is flawed. I'd accept a Bronco with Saran-Wrap covering the cockpit if it was an option.
When I posted about picking up my Bronco I called my MIC 2.0 garbage. That upset the fanbois. But it is in fact garbage and now held together by garbage 🤣

Sponsored

imaginager

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The popping noises can easily be fixed. It’s the guide pins. I made some condoms for them out of plastic wrapper and the noises are completely gone. It was driving me crazy. I will eventually do a more permanent fix somehow, or I suspect someone will release a silicon condom etc.

B8E27174-1E54-4B4E-B4F3-B38F4C684E9F.jpeg
02AD25A7-D426-40F8-860E-3AE106DC30A6.jpeg
Temps in the PNW have been really low (upper 20s), which I suspected contributed to the front roof panels rattling. I saw your post and thought I'd investigate. I tried to use heat shrink tubing over the two outboard side posts but even with a tight fit the shrink tube is slightly too thick and would require replacement every time the panels are removed. And I'm not wild about exposing the roof panel to more heat.

When I replaced the panels, after my heat shrink tube experiment, I noticed the front header latch w/ metal hook (not the 3 "L" shaped latches) has a plastic trim piece on the end. I can shake it and it rattles horribly, both side-to-side and front-to-back. The one on the passenger side isn't as bad and only rattles slightly side-to-side.

I removed both roof panels again and used a small thin pry tool to spread the plastic trim piece on the latch. Then I wedged two cut pieces of heat shrink tube inside. No more plastic trim piece rattle. I haven't test driven it, yet, but I suspect that was the source of my rattle b/c the noise always seemed to originate from the pillar area while I was driving.

Maybe this will help someone.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How big are the pins and how big is the hole? Seems like some silicone tubing of the right ID would give some more thickness and could be an option?

Tilzbow

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GM Sierra Diesel Pick Up
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why not some bolt end thread protectors?

Ford Bronco MIC 2.0 replacement not acceptable! 88D13697-C22C-4AEC-8B81-B7CC328AE1D4

navi

Base
First Name
Navi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
When I posted about picking up my Bronco I called my MIC 2.0 garbage. That upset the fanbois. But it is in fact garbage and now held together by garbage 🤣
I wonder what % have these problems. My Mic2 has been fine so far, but if some snakeskin appears later, it is what is.

I'll make sure that when the Mod top is available in a couple years to get one for free from Ford.
In the meantime I'd be wary of messing with it too much (wraps, mods) in case Ford decides that voids my top warranty = no mod top.

TX-Hans

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Escalade, '13 Jeep Wrangler, '21 Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Ford's issues with tops on the Bronco are not limited to the 6G. My '89 Bronco had a rear top that leaked from delivery. Ford ended up replacing it after a lot of run around, which solved the issue but it was also frustrating back then...30+ years ago. The saga never stops...
Sponsored