Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've been chatting with Advanced fiber glass on their development of a fast back hard top the info I have so far:
- shooting for Q1 of 2022 for release
- Will be a full roof including front panels
- It will be made of composite - not straight fiberglass like the quarter panels they sell
- No price yet, but I see JL hard tops rolling out for about $3K I'm guessing its going to be in that range.
- you can get on an email chain to be notified when available

Tempting me to drop my hard top order from ford...
Sponsored

pakrat

Badlands
First Name
JG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner-F250-Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've been chatting with Advanced fiber glass on their development of a fast back hard top the info I have so far:
- It will be made of composite - not straight fiberglass like the quarter panels they sell
- No price yet, but I see JL hard tops rolling out for about $3K I'm guessing its going to be in that range.

That's what I did. Combine the crappy quality, squeaks, leaks, delamination's, torn off rear window struts with the fact it is all ugly as hell and looks like a Ford Flex I was happy to wait a few months (heck maybe a year or a little more) for a good aftermarket option that I actually want. Put that $695 towards a top I want will take a little of the sting out of the purchase as well.

Ford Bronco Advanced Fiberglass Hard Tops - development & info 2019-Ford-Flex-02

Your Bronco with the factory hardtop.

Hbrichman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

I dropped my hardtop once I knew they were going to be producing a top. Used to live only a couple miles from them and used their products on prior vehicles. Excellent quality, fit & finish. I'm sure the top they produce will be the same, can't wait to place my order.

Sponsored

mcdoogs

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 Ford Focus ST, 21 Mercedes Benz E350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I absolutely want to subscribe

OP
OP
Kekov721

Kekov721

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wheres this linky to get on said email chain?
No link i just reaches out to the contact on the website and requested they contact me and they told me they would put me on the list.

Ihatethedodgers

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Maybe a dumb question, but does “full roof including front panels” mean it will be a one piece including where the MIC has panels, or that it will have removable front panels like the MIC?

OP
OP
Kekov721

Kekov721

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Maybe a dumb question, but does “full roof including front panels” mean it will be a one piece including where the MIC has panels, or that it will have removable front panels like the MIC?
Im hoping its not one piece

Sponsored
OP
OP
Kekov721

Kekov721

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

DrBriGuy

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for the info. I have been in contact with them as well and looking forward to an aftermarket hardtop option. The only thing I dislike on my vehicle is the soft top. I could probably live with the noise, but 1) it looks pathetic and 2) no structure for roof mounting accessories. Could stomach keeping the soft top for summer, etc. but a good hard top may convince me to punt on that altogether.

Not trying to be a technocrat here, but it would be good to get some clarity on what they mean by "composite" as you mentioned above. "Fiberglass" as people call it is short for glass-fiber composite. "Carbon fiber" or "carbon" is short for carbon fiber composite. I take it that they mean the top will be, at least partially, carbon fiber composite, but would be worth a follow up. Carbon fiber composites are much lighter and stronger (higher modulus and strength), but sometimes not as tough with respect to impact. The weight difference could really add up if it were glass fiber composite. Could very well be a hybrid...Incidentally, would be very interested to know from ADV what the overall weight would be compared to the OEM MIC and modular tops, since I understand those to be molded plastic. Truth is, most molded plastic for applications like this are some form of composite, too, perhaps with a layered structure? Composites are typically heavier than pure "plastic." I haven't studied up on the top construction at all but will do so. Might be worth rallying up some details for folks before we all start shelling out $$ for tops. Would also be interested in the UV stability of the tops and if anyone has good data on it...can we assume the ADV tops will be akin to something they have on the market already?

With respect to the ADV hardtop email notification, I got the same feedback that I was put on a list, but nothing has been sent around yet (to my knowledge) to provide any detail or acknowledge that I actually made it on a list.

Guess we'll have to wait for their design details release in Q1, but thanks in advance for keeping us updated if you do more outreach on your own.

Petey

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just curious why do you want one piece? wont that make it a pain to get on and off?
I want a one piece top. Would only use in the winter here. No chance for leaks, should cost less, clean and easy way to cover the whole thing in the winter.

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thanks for the info. I have been in contact with them as well and looking forward to an aftermarket hardtop option. The only thing I dislike on my vehicle is the soft top. I could probably live with the noise, but 1) it looks pathetic and 2) no structure for roof mounting accessories. Could stomach keeping the soft top for summer, etc. but a good hard top may convince me to punt on that altogether.

Not trying to be a technocrat here, but it would be good to get some clarity on what they mean by "composite" as you mentioned above. "Fiberglass" as people call it is short for glass-fiber composite. "Carbon fiber" or "carbon" is short for carbon fiber composite. I take it that they mean the top will be, at least partially, carbon fiber composite, but would be worth a follow up. Carbon fiber composites are much lighter and stronger (higher modulus and strength), but sometimes not as tough with respect to impact. The weight difference could really add up if it were glass fiber composite. Could very well be a hybrid...Incidentally, would be very interested to know from ADV what the overall weight would be compared to the OEM MIC and modular tops, since I understand those to be molded plastic. Truth is, most molded plastic for applications like this are some form of composite, too, perhaps with a layered structure? Composites are typically heavier than pure "plastic." I haven't studied up on the top construction at all but will do so. Might be worth rallying up some details for folks before we all start shelling out $$ for tops. Would also be interested in the UV stability of the tops and if anyone has good data on it...can we assume the ADV tops will be akin to something they have on the market already?

With respect to the ADV hardtop email notification, I got the same feedback that I was put on a list, but nothing has been sent around yet (to my knowledge) to provide any detail or acknowledge that I actually made it on a list.

Guess we'll have to wait for their design details release in Q1, but thanks in advance for keeping us updated if you do more outreach on your own.
MIC as I understand it is thin layer(s) of plastic resin over the hexagonal 'cardboard-like" panel.

A true fiberglass with gel coat finish like a tub or shower surround would be very light but strong as a single thickness of less than 3/8". What would make it heavier is any internal wood frame or insulation.

A big enough VacuForm https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vac-U-Form...p2349624.m46890.l6249&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0 and we could make our own roofs
Sponsored