aeolian

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For those of you with MIC tops and live in cold (below 10 ° F/-10 ° C) climates, are you finding your Bronco to be significantly colder than vehicles with non-removable roofs? Similarly, I have the same question for hot (100°+ F / 35°+ C) weather.

I'm trying to assess how much of a trade-off the top is in cold weather. Obviously the Mod top will be the ideal for climate extremes, but it's anybody's guess when that will be available.
Sponsored

clhman

Wildtrak
First Name
Conor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Super-Duty
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
For those of you with MIC tops and live in cold (below 10 ° F/-10 ° C) climates, are you finding your Bronco to be significantly colder than vehicles with non-removable roofs? Similarly, I have the same question for hot (100°+ F / 35°+ C) weather.

I'm trying to assess how much of a trade-off the top is in cold weather. Obviously the Mod top will be the ideal for climate extremes, but it's anybody's guess when that will be available.
Already been in very cold temps here. I would say that the MIC is no different than a factory hard top vehicle. We do have the noise cancelling option FWIW.

COBadlands

Badlands
First Name
Kristilyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I live in Michigan and it it relentlessly cold here this winter! I do not have sound deadening headliner and my Bronco heats like a Ford! No complaints here

Boreal

Badlands
First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cspencephoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

It’s been -10°C to -35°C most mornings throughout Late Dec-January here in Manitoba. With average winds most days around 20-50km/h, windchills around -40°C. Tomorrow will be -40°C ambient and -51°C with Winds. Yay.

That said, the MIC has been no different than my 2014 Forester XT with regards to insulation. The Bronco does heat up quicker than the FXT did, the windshield angle/size also aids in a quicker defrost too.

AFAIK, the Mod top is simply a more versatile MIC. I don’t recall any insulation value being changed with it

Last edited:

StevieD23

Wildtrak
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Supra, 2021 AMB Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I've been in temps that have been below -30 with windchill this winter and have noticed no noticeable difference over a fixed roof vehicle.

Sponsored

Mickey21

Wildtrak
First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Wildtrak (Race Red)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The MOD and MIC top will be similar if not identical experiences. In saying that, versus my solid top Ford Flex (of similar length and cabin space), I cant say there is much difference really. It is not as nice to not have the rear vents, but beyond that difference I didnt notice too much to worry about in the cold.

OP
OP

aeolian

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thank you all, this is reassuring.

Good call out on the lack of rear vents - I do worry about what it's going to be like in the back seat for passengers on a hot day, but so far I haven't it described as a showstopper for anyone.

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've only had it down to -40 but I haven't noticed any problems with the moulded in colour top in the cold. The heater in the Bronco is outstanding, the cab heats up very quickly.
Sponsored