Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Agreed
Maybe Ford will listen when people get tired of begging them to take their money and vote with their checkbooks and buy something else.
Yes just saw the 2023 Sequoia! And I am liking it!
Sponsored

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Your dealer is wrong. FORD already stated in the early stages of production that they purchased enough chips to meet the production of the reservations role out. The delays have been Covid -19 related and MIC issues but chips are not one of them.
“Inference”? “BigShoots”? FORD CEO stated in an interview that they prepared in advance they have chips for the Bronco production. My dealers getting Broncos delivered no chip issues. That dealer is throwing shade on a client to silence the follow ups.
Please give us an actual link to the news story / interview you are citing. Not that we doubt you for one minute, it's just that your interpretation of what you read or heard goes counter to the actual news on CNBC.

Semiconductor shortage hits Ford Bronco SUV, Ranger pickup production

jelrite

Black Diamond
First Name
jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yesterday I received Micro Chip At Plant On Hold. ETA start Jan 28 end Feb 3, does that mean I will get the vehicle Feb 3rd? This has been my 3rd delay. I live 30 miles form the Bronco assembly plant. 2021, Black Diamond Rapid Red, 2.7L, Soft top, SAS, Mid, trailer tow.

Okstate1010

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6.7 F250
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

bigblueboing

Black Diamond
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The chatter in the build week threads today(1/25) its about delivery delays. Many are experiencing delivery delays to February 28. And I am one of them. I wanted to pass along that my dealer indicated it was a microchip delay. He showed me his order log for my vehicle which had a note on the recent delivery delay. “Micro chip delay”. Real bummer to add to fuel to the fire of many issues.

*** adding some other detail ***
from the trends we are seeing on the build week data, Ford seems to have prioritized the convey orders for the delays. Thus perhaps shorter routes would be easier and quicker to handle the chip install. It’s all makes little sense but trying.

****update ****
I know some doubted the validity of this reason for the recent delay (and I understand why) but I was able to see some Ford communication that verified. I also believe it is a short term issue and Ford has made supply improvements that will take care of this issue going forward. I know execs have made references to this recently. For now some but not all deliveries are held for micro chips.
Mine was held at the factory from 11/5 to 12/23

Sponsored

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Your dealer is wrong. FORD already stated in the early stages of production that they purchased enough chips to meet the production of the reservations role out. The delays have been Covid -19 related and MIC issues but chips are not one of them.
That was published 9 months ago……
Exactly, @LSBronco13 stated there were enough chips purchased for the Bronco's, yet 9 months ago they were already running short.

SAR

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The chatter in the build week threads today(1/25) its about delivery delays. Many are experiencing delivery delays to February 28. And I am one of them. I wanted to pass along that my dealer indicated it was a microchip delay. He showed me his order log for my vehicle which had a note on the recent delivery delay. “Micro chip delay”. Real bummer to add to fuel to the fire of many issues.

*** adding some other detail ***
from the trends we are seeing on the build week data, Ford seems to have prioritized the convey orders for the delays. Thus perhaps shorter routes would be easier and quicker to handle the chip install. It’s all makes little sense but trying.

****update ****
I know some doubted the validity of this reason for the recent delay (and I understand why) but I was able to see some Ford communication that verified. I also believe it is a short term issue and Ford has made supply improvements that will take care of this issue going forward. I know execs have made references to this recently. For now some but not all deliveries are held for micro chips.
This may explain why mine has been “in production” since January 20 with a January 21 blend date. I guess I will have to learn patience! I think I will only check the status a couple times a week as it is frustrating to see “in production” day after day. Rather than blame Ford I
remind myself this is a worldwide problem created in large part by a virus that disrupted supply chains.

Buffalo Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Dion
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Jae

Wildtrak
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This may explain why mine has been “in production” since January 20 with a January 21 blend date. I guess I will have to learn patience! I think I will only check the status a couple times a week as it is frustrating to see “in production” day after day. Rather than blame Ford I
remind myself this is a worldwide problem created in large part by a virus that disrupted supply chains.
Just a heads up (and I am not trying to be a downer), many of the Broncos from the 12/6 build week are still "in production".

vzqhsg

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Nautilus, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I check Ford's website everyday because I like torturing myself, LOL.

BassMaster

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just got off the phone with my dealer
Im on micro chip hold with no ETA
Dirt Mountain 2.0

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Nautilus, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

OP
OP
ocbucks1

ocbucks1

Outer Banks
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyta
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just a heads up (and I am not trying to be a downer), many of the Broncos from the 12/6 build week are still "in production".
That status doesn’t get updated. It’s not that meaningful. Deliveries are made with that status. Modules and stickers are the best indicator of built. After that the tracker does give a delivery estimate which had been good in many cases.

OP
OP
ocbucks1

ocbucks1

Outer Banks
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyta
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That's good news, but if something happens to TSMC in Taiwan, the world is going to go to hell in a hand basket. Just saying.
They also have a new partner in global technology here for chips.
Sponsored