Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 F150 4x4, 82 Toyota 4x4 orig owner, 08 Z06
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have a day 2 reservation (OBX 4dr, SAS, High, MIC)and finally got a production notification from Ford in January with VIN and window sticker. Blend date of 2/03. I dropped the TOW pkg when I had to reorder for 2022, hoping to speed the order. The tracker site isnt working last few days. Dealer told me a few days ago mine was not showing as “chip hold”. Ice mountain pics show a lot of vehicles parked, so it is anyones guess as to what is biggest holdup.
Sponsored

TulsaGas

Black Diamond
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Audi SQ5
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My Bronco has been in Production mode for 3 weeks now. So I reached out to my dealer and the info he has is that my bronco is 95% built but is on a Micro-chip hold until 5/25/22
Could you let us know which trim level and options you have spec’d? 👍🏻

OP
OP

gotgear

Wildtrak
First Name
andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 subaru sti hatchback
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Could you let us know which trim level and options you have spec’d? 👍🏻
I'm getting the Wildtraks w/Sasquatch package an V6 Dual Turbo

66GT

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Marauder, 66 Mustang GT, 65 Ranchero, 64 Comet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm wondering if the trucker strike in Canada 🇨🇦 has anything to do with this "chip delay".

Ford Bronco Microchip hold until May 25 for my Bronco Screenshot_20220210-151637_Report

I'm not saying I don't trust Ford to give me a straight and honest answer... but ya know...........

George Ellis

Badlands
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-350 DRW CC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm wondering if the trucker strike in Canada 🇨🇦 has anything to do with this "chip delay".

I'm not saying I don't trust Ford to give me a straight and honest answer... but ya know...........
I trust Ford far more than that woman.

Sponsored

Fordmanbob

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 4x4 supercrew, 2006 F350 4x4 superc.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I've been "in production" since the 1/10/22. Wondering if I have the same issue.
Yes...we 1/10ers are on ice mountain. I was originally a 1/31 delivery date...... bumped to a 2/10 and now 5/1.

Fordmanbob

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 4x4 supercrew, 2006 F350 4x4 superc.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Ford Bronco Microchip hold until May 25 for my Bronco Screenshot_20220210-151637_Report

Supply chain issues are one thing.....semi conductors are completely different. The semi conductors are not coming from Canada

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not a chance. Car company can't keep a manufacturing plant closed for four months. Those sitting in the snow will wait for whatever they are waiting for and the line will fire back up. Parking lot trucks will be cycled through along the way similar to dirt mountain I would think.

Sponsored

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F150 Lariat, '04 F150 Lariat, '73 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Supply chain issues are one thing.....semi conductors are completely different. The semi conductors are not coming from Canada
I wouldn’t think they come from Canada, but chips are sent to the electronic assembly plants to be assembled and installed into the boards in the modules that are then delivered to MAP. MAP isn’t installing chips they are installing modules and what they have at MAP is a module shortage. The electronic plants are the ones short chips. Be interesting to know where all of the electrical components are assembled and shipped in to MAP and if transit is an issue as well.

NewBroncoOwner

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

But some the raw materials come from there to make the semi-conductors. Canada has long ranked among the world leaders in the production of uranium, zinc, nickel, potash, asbestos, sulfur, cadmium, and titanium. It is also a major producer of iron ore, coal, petroleum, gold, copper, silver, lead, and a number of ferroalloys.

gopats54

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 2021 Jeep 4XE 2018 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Well a semi driver could be a semi “conductor” if you take a different view? Lately the semi “conductors” in Canada have decided to protest.

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

But some the raw materials come from there to make the semi-conductors. Canada has long ranked among the world leaders in the production of uranium, zinc, nickel, potash, asbestos, sulfur, cadmium, and titanium. It is also a major producer of iron ore, coal, petroleum, gold, copper, silver, lead, and a number of ferroalloys.
Ford's Bronco production doesn't depend on either raw materials or semiconductors crossing a land border from Canada into the US. Ford doesn't install raw materials or semiconductors at MAP (and realistically I don't think many of the Bronco chips -- or the raw materials that go into them -- are produced in North America).

However, Bronco production may depend on some completed components from Canadian suppliers.

In any event, Ice Mountain and the plant shutdown precede when the Ambassador Bridge was blocked. It doesn't help production, but it's not the reason the plant is shut down.

66GT

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Marauder, 66 Mustang GT, 65 Ranchero, 64 Comet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm not suggesting that's where the semi-conductors were coming from... that's why I put "chip shortage" in quotes. With tens of thousands of parts needed to complete one vehicle.. a missing HEPA filter assembly or door hinge could stop you from completing a vehicle.

Ever wonder where the Windsor engine plant is? (.. and I'm not suggesting that's the source of the problem)... but to think Canadian-sourced components can't have an effect domestic production is perhaps a bit naĂŻve. "Supply chain issues", as you say... absolutely apply here... (and I don't think we disagreeing this might have an impact).

Blaming the "chip shortage", while entirely plausible, may not be the only reason Ford can't complete the vehicles on Ice Mountain.

My bigger point was that this shit-show has my trust in Ford's transparency with its customer base (and its stockholders) is at an all-time low. To think Ford isn't crafting its messaging to attribute its leadership, marketing, and customer service blunders to everything but their own decisions just doesn't pass the bullshit test anymore.

To suggest it's just "one thing" also isn't realistic... it's a combination of the all of this... I'm just wondering if a not-insignificant number of Broncos might be in owners' driveways if it wasn't for the strike.
Sponsored