Sponsored

Bronco 2024 MY production - what may/may not be different regarding timing?

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 Mustang ecoboost, 4wd Excursion, ‘69 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I strongly suggest to just order what you want and ride it out.
Get the factory MIC. If an aftermarket top looks better someday down the road, there is currently a very strong market for the factory tops to help offset the cost.
Great advice and yep I’m done second guessing my order, after all… I researched my options since pre-orders started. I knew I wanted better gearing than base and I hate cloth seats. Rented a base SAS Bronco with the factory soft top and really wasn’t happy with the top. I saw many things being fixed for 2024 like sound system, headrest adjustability etc. Im really excited. Even though I had to compromise due to wife’s input. (I wanted 2-door std shift)
Sponsored

Agua Caliente

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Off-Road
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So here’s a dumb question. I ordered a 2024 Bronco about a month ago and in short time got the confirmation from Fomoco. Will there in time be a heads up from Ford that if I want to make a change to my order here’s your last chance?
And when that time comes, should I consider changing to a Besttop soft top instead of hard top to get it sooner and later buy an aftermarket hard top?

I ordered a 4-dr Black Diamond mid package, 2.3 Automatic, hard top with towing package.
As @HoosierDaddy said, there's no heads up from Ford. And once you get scheduled with VIN it's mostly impossible to make changes. A very few people managed to make small changes like color, or roof-rack, but no major changes. Even with a Regional rep involved people could not add Sasquatch pkg or anything like that

Factory MIC is your best chance to get a hardtop for reasonable price. Maybe the only chance

kkslider2046

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23’ F150 Lariat/ 23' Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Basically Ford is saying that if your vehicle gets scheduled today, and you only have the next day to make changes, or else ford will not accept any changes after.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Even though I had to compromise due to wife’s input. (I wanted 2-door std shift)
LOL, love it!!
Don't sweat the 4dr choice at all.
Probably best to let the 7spd go, no idea when they'll make those again

TL; DR -
2door = cool points x infinity.

Moardoor = Mega-cool points plus mucho day to day functionality for the family.

end tl;dr

long version:

I ordered the first one as a test Bronco. I wasn't sure if a 2dr would work well for me.
It was supposed to be my .. MY .. work vehicle.
2dr base Base, 7spd
Turns out, they're so freaking cool, we took it EVERYWHERE .. every errand run, grocery shopping ... etc etc ... and having to deal with the flippy front seat BS for the 17yo daughter to get in back was a major PITA!!!
Plus, almost no storage if you can't fold the rear seats.

Ordered a 4dr Badlands, received it and freaking LOVE IT!!!!
Maybe should have held my guns for the MIC but I LOVE the convenience of the soft top. We go topless far more often since we can drop the top at any point. The MIC, you have to be at the house to pull the entire top.
Another 4dr bonus, the added length lends extra stability when we towed Dad's (3000lb) boat to go fishing. Pulled it like a champ, both power-wise and stability-wise!
Either way, LOVE my Broncos.

Never meant to have two, but here we are ... the market forces make holding on to both Broncos the wisest financial choice for the moment.
This is how karma has smiled upon me for a change !!! LOL!!

Boat & Bronco pic:
Ford Bronco Bronco 2024 MY production - what may/may not be different regarding timing? 1699741815147

OP
OP
Lujess

Lujess

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner, 2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Good Luck with your order as well. Shoot me a PM once it arrives!
It's getting into Winter here in WI, so I was in no hurry to get it before the end of the year. Gives me some time to plan out mods and I really took my time with the build. It's pretty much everything I want, had to change the color and added the rear locker pkg, but otherwise leaving it alone...
Will do! We had snow in NH this week

Sponsored

lwilliams34

Big Bend
First Name
Lorne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350/2024 Bronco Big Bend (Ordered)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

LOL, love it!!
Don't sweat the 4dr choice at all.
Probably best to let the 7spd go, no idea when they'll make those again

TL; DR -
2door = cool points x infinity.

Moardoor = Mega-cool points plus mucho day to day functionality for the family.

end tl;dr

long version:

I ordered the first one as a test Bronco. I wasn't sure if a 2dr would work well for me.
It was supposed to be my .. MY .. work vehicle.
2dr base Base, 7spd
Turns out, they're so freaking cool, we took it EVERYWHERE .. every errand run, grocery shopping ... etc etc ... and having to deal with the flippy front seat BS for the 17yo daughter to get in back was a major PITA!!!
Plus, almost no storage if you can't fold the rear seats.

Ordered a 4dr Badlands, received it and freaking LOVE IT!!!!
Maybe should have held my guns for the MIC but I LOVE the convenience of the soft top. We go topless far more often since we can drop the top at any point. The MIC, you have to be at the house to pull the entire top.
Another 4dr bonus, the added length lends extra stability when we towed Dad's (3000lb) boat to go fishing. Pulled it like a champ, both power-wise and stability-wise!
Either way, LOVE my Broncos.

Never meant to have two, but here we are ... the market forces make holding on to both Broncos the wisest financial choice for the moment.
This is how karma has smiled upon me for a change !!! LOL!!

Boat & Bronco pic:
Ford Bronco Bronco 2024 MY production - what may/may not be different regarding timing? 1699741815147
thanks for all your input! I'm sticking with the 2-door since all my kids are grown and on their own. Maybe a grand kid gets a ride every once in a while. I love what you said about it being your work truck and then taking it everywhere, that is my hope at this point. Buying it for my business, but I'm guessing this thing is going to get a lot of "personal" miles on it.
Just hope my Shelby doesn't get neglected too much!
I originally purchased a Mustang GT Vert hoping I would go top down alot of the time, but found the driving experience underwhelming and switch to the Shelby. Hoping this scratches the itch for top down fun.
Has anyone purchased theirs with the hard top from factory and then added a soft top for summer months (in WI that is approx 3 months... lol).

HItman84

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Camaro SS 1LE
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Placed an order at the end of September. Week later added SAS.
These days I just stare at vids waiting. Though I've gone back and forth in changing from carbonized gray to hot pepper red.
I don't see many Broncos in RI but I'm pretty sure everyone one I've seen has been gray.

spittle8

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Man, I hope the hard top doesn't delay orders significantly. After researching all the aftermarket options I just can't get past wanting both a hard top and soft top. It's too good a deal from the factory, and I know I'll regret not having the hard top so I guess I'm rolling the dice on my order.

SloppyJoes

Wildtrak
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I placed my order on Saturday 11/18....how long before the order confirmation email from Ford comes? Seems like most are getting the email same day?

SloppyJoes

Wildtrak
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Man, I hope the hard top doesn't delay orders significantly. After researching all the aftermarket options I just can't get past wanting both a hard top and soft top. It's too good a deal from the factory, and I know I'll regret not having the hard top so I guess I'm rolling the dice on my order.
Agree! I also ordered both with mine. The price savings from the factory is too good to pass up.

Sponsored

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I placed my order on Saturday 11/18....how long before the order confirmation email from Ford comes? Seems like most are getting the email same day?
Ordered mine late afternoon and got confirmation from Ford next day.

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Agree! I also ordered both with mine. The price savings from the factory is too good to pass up.
Did y’all order the Ford or Bestop?

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I went with the Ford one...at least thats what Im assuming. The description is "Dual Tops - Carbonized Gray Molded-in-Color (MIC) Hard Top + Black Soft Top"
Yep, I forgot about the dual tops option.
Sponsored