Sponsored

Bronco 2024 MY production - what may/may not be different regarding timing?

Lujess

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner, 2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Perhaps an impossible question to answer....but hard to understand what to expect when 2024 production starts next year, and how similar/different things will be regarding wait times vs. the past few years for order builds. This certainly seems to be a situation where past performance will not be indicative of future results - hopefully 🤣

Lots of stories here from past model years of long delays.....due to many reasons - brand new model, COVID supply chain disruptions, specific build configuration issues, component shortages, Ford false scarcity creation, etc.

But all that said, should 2024 be "better"/more predictable once the MY changeover happens and things get rolling in January 2024?

Have not heard anything about 2024 order volumes since the banks opened in August and how the # stacks up vs. the past few years.
Sponsored

Dreamer

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT convertible
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP
OP
Lujess

Lujess

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner, 2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It really depends on how Ford decides to close out 2023MY production. Currently it is scheduled to go until the end of December, with the switch-over to 2024MY happening after the new year. That gives us about 10 months of 2024 production, which… given the number of retail orders currently in the order banks… is a good sign.
Makes sense. Is there any hard info on the order bank numbers and how this stacks up vs. overall production capacity?

Loesch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is just my feeling based on what I have been seeing and hearing, but I'm noticing dealership lots filling up dramatically, and fast! Even with Broncos that they can't sell. I think the days of everyone thinking they can afford a $65,000 vehicle with 0 down at 8+% interest might be nearing their end. I could see a lot of cancelled orders coming. By mid 2024 I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of people can walk on to a dealership lot and pick up a new Bronco of their liking. The dealer local to me is already discounting new 2023s. I think we're in for a big change.

OP
OP
Lujess

Lujess

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner, 2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is just my feeling based on what I have been seeing and hearing, but I'm noticing dealership lots filling up dramatically, and fast! Even with Broncos that they can't sell. I think the days of everyone thinking they can afford a $65,000 vehicle with 0 down at 8+% interest might be nearing their end. I could see a lot of cancelled orders coming. By mid 2024 I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of people can walk on to a dealership lot and pick up a new Bronco of their liking. The dealer local to me is already discounting new 2023s. I think we're in for a big change.
Agree - if I wasn't set on a 2-door manual with a low trim, I think it would be financially much smarter to wait and scoop up a deal when some of those factors come to a head next year.

Sponsored

Loesch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Agree - if I wasn't set on a 2-door manual with a low trim, I think it would be financially much smarter to wait and scoop up a deal when some of those factors come to a head next year.
Same here. haha. I'm going to be one of those people spending $65k. I had a day-one reservation back in 2021 or whenever it was and cancelled it after a year. Here I am again, now that it's going to be $9000 more expensive. lol.

Last edited:

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 Mustang ecoboost, 4wd Excursion, ‘69 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So here’s a dumb question. I ordered a 2024 Bronco about a month ago and in short time got the confirmation from Fomoco. Will there in time be a heads up from Ford that if I want to make a change to my order here’s your last chance?
And when that time comes, should I consider changing to a Besttop soft top instead of hard top to get it sooner and later buy an aftermarket hard top?

I ordered a 4-dr Black Diamond mid package, 2.3 Automatic, hard top with towing package.

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

So here’s a dumb question. I ordered a 2024 Bronco about a month ago and in short time got the confirmation from Fomoco. Will there in time be a heads up from Ford that if I want to make a change to my order here’s your last chance?
And when that time comes, should I consider changing to a Besttop soft top instead of hard top to get it sooner and later buy an aftermarket hard top?

I ordered a 4-dr Black Diamond mid package, 2.3 Automatic, hard top with towing package.
You can make changes up to the time it’s scheduled. After that, changes are limited.

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

It’s a crap shoot if it helps as it also depends on allocations. I dropped tow based on my dealer’s suggestion and got schedule later that week. If you have a good dealer, check with them. A softie will be cheaper after market than a hard top.

lwilliams34

Big Bend
First Name
Lorne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350/2024 Bronco Big Bend (Ordered)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I agree with your assessment. I was originally going to get one off the dealer lot, but all they had for stock was the high end models with the Lux package. Frustrating. I don't want to spend 55-70k for a bronco. This is my daily driver and It's going to be utilitarian for me. I placed my order for a sub 50k big bend in October. Hoping for it to arrive by spring (April). If not I will most likely start looking for something off the dealer lot locally or nationally.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Lujess

Lujess

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner, 2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I agree with your assessment. I was originally going to get one off the dealer lot, but all they had for stock was the high end models with the Lux package. Frustrating. I don't want to spend 55-70k for a bronco. This is my daily driver and It's going to be utilitarian for me. I placed my order for a sub 50k big bend in October. Hoping for it to arrive by spring (April). If not I will most likely start looking for something off the dealer lot locally or nationally.
Yes - my situation exactly (BB ordered in Oct). Sending positive vibes to everyone with a 2024 order pending 😎

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Will there in time be a heads up from Ford that if I want to make a change to my order here’s your last chance?
NO, no "final heads up" .... but as stated by others, you can change it until it gets scheduled.
I strongly suggest to just order what you want and ride it out.
Get the factory MIC. If an aftermarket top looks better someday down the road, there is currently a very strong market for the factory tops to help offset the cost. That may hold for awhile.
I'd be interested, just not at the current $6k price levels

I'd get the MIC and factory soft combo if I had a do over. Not the Bestop version.
I just feel the factory top is better construction.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

But all that said, should 2024 be "better"/more predictable once the MY changeover happens and things get rolling in January 2024?
My gut says this would be correct as well.
Probably going to get a lot of stuff straightened out as 24 progresses and into 25.
It'll be interesting....

kkslider2046

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23’ F150 Lariat/ 23' Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ford is currently previewing 2024 order right now, some of them might get scheduled next week. this is based on my friend that works at a dealer told me.

lwilliams34

Big Bend
First Name
Lorne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350/2024 Bronco Big Bend (Ordered)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Yes - my situation exactly (BB ordered in Oct). Sending positive vibes to everyone with a 2024 order pending 😎
Good Luck with your order as well. Shoot me a PM once it arrives!
It's getting into Winter here in WI, so I was in no hurry to get it before the end of the year. Gives me some time to plan out mods and I really took my time with the build. It's pretty much everything I want, had to change the color and added the rear locker pkg, but otherwise leaving it alone...
Sponsored