Sponsored

Bronco 2024 MY production - what may/may not be different regarding timing?

OP
OP
Lujess

Lujess

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner, 2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I placed my order on Saturday 11/18....how long before the order confirmation email from Ford comes? Seems like most are getting the email same day?
Should be immediately after the dealer submits it to Ford. In my case, same day
Sponsored

spittle8

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Did yā€™all order the Ford or Bestop?
Dual tops. Maybe it's worded differently but I didn't even see a Bestop option. I also got confirmation the next day. Military Autosource told me to expect my Bronco in late May unless there are delays, but the order was placed by the Ford dealership. MAS said they talk to Ford directly. A little stressed because the Ford dealer placed my order before going over pricing and after responding to the order with the invoice from MAS on Friday I haven't heard back from the dealer... will have to cancel if they tell me they charge over MSRP. How often do order banks open?

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜15 Mustang ecoboost, 4wd Excursion, ā€˜69 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

ā€¦ will have to cancel if they tell me they charge over MSRP. How often do order banks open?
Dealerships arenā€™t allowed to charge over MSRP for an order. Whatā€™s already on the lot is a different story.

Geaux Tigers

Big Bend
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

It really depends on how Ford decides to close out 2023MY production. Currently it is scheduled to go until the end of December, with the switch-over to 2024MY happening after the new year. That gives us about 10 months of 2024 production, whichā€¦ given the number of retail orders currently in the order banksā€¦ is a good sign.

If Ford decides to extend 2023MY production into the 2024 calendar year, then we may start running into trouble, but it really depends how far into 2024 they go. They are unlikely to push back the 2025MY production start dates, because the Bronco refresh is most likely going to hit that year, so we may end up with a very short production year for 2024. If so, that could be trouble.

BUT, overall, anyone who has placed an order so far can be reasonably confident that theyā€™ll get a Bronco sometime during 2024. Like previous years, the amount of time you wait will be dependent on what you ordered. And it seems that hard tops are still the biggest issue.

The one wildcard is the Heritage trim. If you want a Heritage Iā€™d submit an order ASAP. There are a lot of 2023MY order holders still waiting for their Heritage, and many actually got their order canceled. So if those canceled/waiting order holders get bumped to 2024MY, then the availability of Heritage will be very limited.
I ordered a manual transmission BB 4 door a few weeks back. What is your expectation regarding how the MT issues seen earlier this year will affect scheduling?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Lujess

Lujess

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner, 2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't foresee any major issues, but we haven't seen the numbers yet.\
It will be interesting to see the manual/auto split once they start publishing 2024 order info....also have a pending manual 2024 order...

DillonC

Raptor
First Name
Dillon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 f250, 2019 expedition
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Dealerships arenā€™t allowed to charge over MSRP for an order. Whatā€™s already on the lot is a different story.
Dealers can 100% add a markup to an ordered vehicle. It's happened lots of times over the last couple years mainly.

People order a sought after vehicle without signing any pricing agreement, dealer tags on a markup when they recieve it, and then the person either walks away or negotiates the markup.

You can find dozens of cases of this happening on this forum alone.

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜15 Mustang ecoboost, 4wd Excursion, ā€˜69 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Dealers can 100% add a markup to an ordered vehicle. It's happened lots of times over the last couple years mainly.

People order a sought after vehicle without signing any pricing agreement, dealer tags on a markup when they recieve it, and then the person either walks away or negotiates the markup.

You can find dozens of cases of this happening on this forum alone.
Ford corporate supposedly put a stop to that. If you walk away from your order then YES itā€™s fair game for them to sell at ā€œmarket valueā€. I signed a contract at MARP when I ordered mine with no deposit. They told me itā€™s fine if I walk away from it because they want it on the lot, but they have to sell it to me at MSRP because I ordered it, or risk punishment from Ford Corporate.

Geaux Tigers

Big Bend
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I don't foresee any major issues, but we haven't seen the numbers yet.

Fords reasoning for the manual transmission limitation for 2023 was to better accommodate the 2024 Ranger launch. But the Ranger launch basically fizzled into nothing after delays followed by the UAW shutdown. So if they are looking to really spin up the Ranger production again (which doesn't really make sense cause they haven't gotten a ton of orders for them), then Ford may pull the Toyota trick and bundle together all of the manual orders together rather than spreading it out throughout the model year.
I certainly hope you are right. Wanting a manu
I don't foresee any major issues, but we haven't seen the numbers yet.

Fords reasoning for the manual transmission limitation for 2023 was to better accommodate the 2024 Ranger launch. But the Ranger launch basically fizzled into nothing after delays followed by the UAW shutdown. So if they are looking to really spin up the Ranger production again (which doesn't really make sense cause they haven't gotten a ton of orders for them), then Ford may pull the Toyota trick and bundle together all of the manual orders together rather than spreading it out throughout the model year.
Thanks. I hope you are right. Like you I love that third pedal. Now that my kids are older, I can finally buy what I want. šŸ˜

DillonC

Raptor
First Name
Dillon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 f250, 2019 expedition
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Ford corporate supposedly put a stop to that. If you walk away from your order then YES itā€™s fair game for them to sell at ā€œmarket valueā€. I signed a contract at MARP when I ordered mine with no deposit. They told me itā€™s fine if I walk away from it because they want it on the lot, but they have to sell it to me at MSRP because I ordered it, or risk punishment from Ford Corporate.

Still happens fairly regularly even after Ford's statement about markups last year.

Like you did though, it's always best practice to sign some sort of agreement about the price at the time of ordering. There have been plenty on this forum not sign anything and regret it.

Sponsored
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 Mustang,65 Barracuda,99 F250,13 Taurus,15 Mini
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Question about the January scheduling. I ordered a 4dr Heritage September 2nd, and received the confirmation email right away. With the announcement of 24 Heritage orders on the priority list I decided to stop by the dealer to check the build priority to make sure there wasnā€™t a constraint. They told me it was 10 and that I was scheduled for January 22nd but that there was no VIN yet. Is that ā€œnormalā€ to get scheduled but not have a VIN assigned?

Brave Man

Heritage
First Name
Basil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜22 Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Question about the January scheduling. I ordered a 4dr Heritage September 2nd, and received the confirmation email right away. With the announcement of 24 Heritage orders on the priority list I decided to stop by the dealer to check the build priority to make sure there wasnā€™t a constraint. They told me it was 10 and that I was scheduled for January 22nd but that there was no VIN yet. Is that ā€œnormalā€ to get scheduled but not have a VIN assigned?
When orders are scheduled they usually have a VIN assigned to them.
Call the Ford customer service line, give the your order code and sales code as shown on your DORA form, they can give you your VIN.
Ford Customer Service : (800) 334-4375

mdjnky1

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
For those with 2024 Bronco orders, the 1 Jan build list dropped yesterday.

OP
OP
Lujess

Lujess

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner, 2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes. I was completely shocked when I was able to confirm Jan. 8 and VIN via Ford Chat last night :cool: . My original order was only placed Oct. 26.
Sponsored