First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm not comfortable lifting the top with the middle panel attached. The only thing connecting it to the rear panel is the 1 latch. That's my opinion but I have a DIY lift because I didn't want to spend that much on a lift, and I kinda like making my own stuff...
I have 2 door and would lift without the front panels. Only the back shell…

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Energi, Ducati XDiavel
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Closeups of my floating shelf for my hardtop - gonna add a 3rd pair of threaded rods at the front and an aluminum rectangular tube - that'll give me the extra span I need to store my mid panel turned longways. As you can see from the hoist straps - all pressure is relieved from the MIC top.

Ford Bronco Min Height Required for Hoist? PXL_20240517_215931399
Ford Bronco Min Height Required for Hoist? PXL_20240517_233941631

nolimits

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Explorer ST | 23 Challenger SP 1320
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I saw a thread in here where the guy mounted the hoist in his attic and ran the cable through a hole in the ceiling...saved a lot of room. He had shot ceilings also
This is what I designed and installed back in my Jeep days. Can’t believe I still had the CAD file, lol.

Anyhow, in my case I had tall ceilings…close to 10’ tall. However, this design would work great for any height ASSUMING YOU HAVE ATTIC ACCESS ABOVE THE GARAGE.

For the Jeep I bought seatbelt straps and had a custom harness stitched by a local seamstress. Included a D ring for a pick point. When I would lift I threw a blanket on top of the hard top and would then (gently) snug it against the sheetrock for max clearance.

I haven’t decided what to do with the Bronco yet. As much as I like this concept, I have living space above the garage so this design isn’t practicable for my current scenario.

Ford Bronco Min Height Required for Hoist? IMG_0809

Sponsored
OP
OP

Mscdman

Outer Banks
First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This is what I designed and installed back in my Jeep days. Can’t believe I still had the CAD file, lol.

Anyhow, in my case I had tall ceilings…close to 10’ tall. However, this design would work great for any height ASSUMING YOU HAVE ATTIC ACCESS ABOVE THE GARAGE.

For the Jeep I bought seatbelt straps and had a custom harness stitched by a local seamstress. Included a D ring for a pick point. When I would lift I threw a blanket on top of the hard top and would then (gently) snug it against the sheetrock for max clearance.

I haven’t decided what to do with the Bronco yet. As much as I like this concept, I have living space above the garage so this design isn’t practicable for my current scenario.

Ford Bronco Min Height Required for Hoist? IMG_0809
I’m going to raise the ceiling in part of my garage bay (it’s an easy mod for my setup) to 11ft and then a hoist can lift it out

nolimits

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Explorer ST | 23 Challenger SP 1320
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m going to raise the ceiling in part of my garage bay (it’s an easy mod for my setup) to 11ft and then a hoist can lift it out
Gotcha, that’s a clever way to add some head space. Basically a boxed ceiling. Our master bedroom has a boxed ceiling. Example pic below (not ours).

If you use the design I shared, be aware the winch remote line was about 5-6’ long. With the top sucked up and position of the winch you don’t get that full length. It wasn’t a problem for me but another 1.5’ to 2’ may create an issue.

Ford Bronco Min Height Required for Hoist? IMG_0811

OP
OP

Mscdman

Outer Banks
First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Gotcha, that’s a clever way to add some head space. Basically a boxed ceiling. Our master bedroom has a boxed ceiling. Example pic below (not ours).

If you use the design I shared, be aware the winch remote line was about 5-6’ long. With the top sucked up and position of the winch you don’t get that full length. It wasn’t a problem for me but another 1.5’ to 2’ may create an issue.

Ford Bronco Min Height Required for Hoist? IMG_0811
That’s exactly what I’m building. A boxed setup like your photo. Not sure I’m following your winch remote line statement. I’m looking to use the Lange hoist a top setup..

OP
OP

Mscdman

Outer Banks
First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Do you think a 10.5 foot high ceilig with the Lange hoist a top will clear the Sasquatch Bronco top?

Mrchoochoo

Outer Banks
First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Do you think a 10.5 foot high ceilig with the Lange hoist a top will clear the Sasquatch Bronco top?
Realistically, I think all you need is a foot to lift the top off your bronco to be able to drive away from it. The Lange hoist will be no lower that 2 feet from the ceiling. That gives you about 8 feet of room...my uneducated guess is that would be ok

Sponsored
OP
OP

Mscdman

Outer Banks
First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Realistically, I think all you need is a foot to lift the top off your bronco to be able to drive away from it. The Lange hoist will be no lower that 2 feet from the ceiling. That gives you about 8 feet of room...my uneducated guess is that would be ok
Yea but I don’t want to have to back in. Want it stored above my truck. So trying to determine when fully raised if I can park under it.

I guess 1 foot to account for the electric hoist + 2 feet for the top = say 40 inches when fully raised from ceiling + 6 foot on the bronco = 112 inches or 9.3 feet. So a 10 foot ceiling when hoist is fully retracted should fully clear the bronco with ability to park under

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Energi, Ducati XDiavel
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Yes - my Braptor clears at 10' ceiling height. But if you don't want to back in - you'll need a sidewinder garage door opener.

OP
OP

Mscdman

Outer Banks
First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yes - my Braptor clears at 10' ceiling height. But if you don't want to back in - you'll need a sidewinder garage door opener.
Correct. That is what I’m doing along with the ceiling mod - wall mounted garage door opener

OP
OP

Mscdman

Outer Banks
First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Another option is mount on the wall and use a pulley on the ceiling. If you mount on the wall, remember that studs are not built for lateral forces and you can / will pull out the stud sideways. So you need to span multiple studs and somehow reinforce the stud at the ceiling corner so it doesn’t pull out. There’s a few pics of this type of set up on this forum.
Hamburger. I’ll be wall mounting it and modifying my garage to 10ft ceilings. Do you have any links on how I should setup the studs to withstand the lateral force?
Sponsored