MikefromAACO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Outer Banks Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yeah you’re probably right. I would say I’m average (meaning I can do some things around the house, tires, brakes on the car, etc. But I’ve never really run wiring, and I would hesitate to do some of the elaborate hoist setups I am seeing in some of the garage photos because I would be unsure of the load rating of what I’m attaching to, or how to figure that out.) I’m pretty confident I could attach a hoist system to the bottom of the deck, and I would have high confidence that it could hold a 100 pound bronco hardtop because I stay on top of the deck all the time swinging my golf club 🤣
Sponsored

Fly

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I’m trying to find an option other than Garage hoist. Admittedly, I’m not the most mechanically inclined person. I was thinking about installing a manual hoist under my deck in the backyard. Anybody have any thoughts on this? This space is wide enough and tall enough, shouldn’t be a problem to back underneath it.

IMG_0211.jpeg
Yes should be easy, keep it simple cable and pulleys with a crank handle that has a worm gear. This allows you to move the hardtop up and down slowly. Use some long straps to feed under the hardtop and back up to connect to the cable/pulley system. Mount the winch on one of those poles

https://www.dutton-lainson.com/products.php?cat=20