Sponsored

New Lange electric hoist for bronco 2/4 door.

FelixFJ40

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 4Runner Trail
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
In my experience installing the hoist in th original configuration, adding the front panels makes a huge difference. That took it from “this absolutely won’t work” to “well, it works but why does it lean back so much.”
Sponsored

BroncoPls!

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Rivian R1S, 22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

RX the package today w/ the extra parts for the 2-door.

At first I was a little frustrated that I still could not get the plate to line up w/ the hole for the pin. I called and spoke to Carter; he said they drilled out those holes to 1/2" so I took a step bit and opened them up to 1/2" - They fit pretty snug but I am happy with it.

Proceeded to install the remaining parts on the ceiling.

What I did was installed the hardware to the roof to get my marks on the ceiling.

Once the ceiling gear was mounted, installed the hardtop part about 4' off the ground, leveled it up. Once i had it attached to the hardtop I had to get a little more slack out - so don't tighten all the nuts just yet!

Here is the top off the Bronco, just a little lean - but I bet with a little more tweaking, I can get it level - just ran out of steam and time. Also wondering if i put the front tops on, if it will level out some more.

Took a little drive, parked it back in the garage and lowered the top back on, pretty slick.

-b

1652841760884.png
Looks like a little adjustment to the front cable and it would be perfect. Still much better than my old Jeep lift’s I’ve had in past.

OP
OP
bhornberger

bhornberger

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

BTW they have only sold 6 of the 2-door setup.

Go Devils

Outer Banks
First Name
Reed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
RX the package today w/ the extra parts for the 2-door.

At first I was a little frustrated that I still could not get the plate to line up w/ the hole for the pin. I called and spoke to Carter; he said they drilled out those holes to 1/2" so I took a step bit and opened them up to 1/2" - They fit pretty snug but I am happy with it.

Proceeded to install the remaining parts on the ceiling.

What I did was installed the hardware to the roof to get my marks on the ceiling.

Once the ceiling gear was mounted, installed the hardtop part about 4' off the ground, leveled it up. Once i had it attached to the hardtop I had to get a little more slack out - so don't tighten all the nuts just yet!

Here is the top off the Bronco, just a little lean - but I bet with a little more tweaking, I can get it level - just ran out of steam and time. Also wondering if i put the front tops on, if it will level out some more.

Took a little drive, parked it back in the garage and lowered the top back on, pretty slick.

-b

1652841760884.png
Thanks for adding this information. From what I can tell so far, the system is somewhat adjustable. I've been going back and forth on a DIY system with the $100 hoist from Amazon, but I would prefer to eliminate the straps altogether, so this one seems to do that. I also like the idea of the metal braces that use the same placement as the rooftop cross bars. That seems to be a robust part of the rooftop, especially since the top is only about 80lbs (plus the front panels if you store them on the lift).

Hopefully my setup arrives soon so I can start enjoying going topless in 105+ temps expected next week in Phoenix :(

Dragline

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Yukon Denali, GMC Sierra 1500, Honda Civic, Chevy C3500
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Damn glad I saw this!

I received my Lange hoist but haven't installed yet. No communication from them, they need to email all buyers since they can't tell who is 2D.

Sponsored
OP
OP
bhornberger

bhornberger

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Anyone else had a chance to install with the new parts?

Go Devils

Outer Banks
First Name
Reed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I’ve received the box from Lange but haven’t had time to install. I’ll keep you posted.

Dragline

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Anyone else had a chance to install with the new parts?
Put mine up today. No major issues. I moved the front tube out a little more than the 1.5" specified, seemed like it was putting a lot of pressure on the weatherstripping at 1.5".

ETA: new measurement 2-1/8". Pics.
Ford Bronco New Lange electric hoist for bronco 2/4 door. 20220529_184957
Ford Bronco New Lange electric hoist for bronco 2/4 door. 20220529_184943

Last edited:
OP
OP
bhornberger

bhornberger

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Put mine up today. No major issues. I moved the front tube out a little more than the 1.5" specified, seemed like it was putting a lot of pressure on the weatherstripping at 1.5".
How’s the tilt when it’s up off the bronco? I need to still adjust mine so the a$$ end isn’t lower than the front. Need to find that sweet spot, but I don’t mind lowering it and finding the pins / holes in the back first before the front engages the pin / holes

As for the front tube, I left if at 1.5 and haven’t seen any issue w the weather stripping. Here is a pic with the top lowered just now after a drive.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Sponsored

Dragline

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Adjusted for a slight tilt to the rear. I need to move my pulley bracket, wants to twist a bit up high.

Ford Bronco New Lange electric hoist for bronco 2/4 door. 20220529_185420

CO-Bronco

Badlands
First Name
CO-Bronco
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 - 4dr - Cyber Orange - Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How’s the tilt when it’s up off the bronco? I need to still adjust mine so the a$$ end isn’t lower than the front. Need to find that sweet spot, but I don’t mind lowering it and finding the pins / holes in the back first before the front engages the pin / holes

As for the front tube, I left if at 1.5 and haven’t seen any issue w the weather stripping. Here is a pic with the top lowered just now after a drive.

Finally got around to installing today. For the life of me I cannot get the second bracket in far enough in order to insert the lock-pin.

Anyone have any tips?

FYI - I back walll mounted the electric hoist. I also have a vaulted ceiling. It was a fun install :D.

Everything is level and and the centerline of the Bronco lines up with the hoist. No twisting or excessive tension anywhere in the system... just doesn't seem like the back "Y" rods are long enough.

Ford Bronco New Lange electric hoist for bronco 2/4 door. 20220531_170620

Ford Bronco New Lange electric hoist for bronco 2/4 door. 20220531_172347

Dragline

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Mine was tight, didn't think it was going to go, but it did. Make sure both brackets are fully seated, not pulled forward or back. I also think this is where the pressure my front hook was putting on my weatherstripping came in. Pull hard, compressing the foam a bit.

OP
OP
bhornberger

bhornberger

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Adjusted for a slight tilt to the rear. I need to move my pulley bracket, wants to twist a bit up high.

Ford Bronco New Lange electric hoist for bronco 2/4 door. 20220531_172347
How did you get yours so level when it’s at the top?

I’m still working on the balance. When the top is almost to the floor it’s balanced, but when at the top of the ceiling it’s not. I’m womdering if I move the front pulley more towards the front of the vehicle if that would level this thing out. When I go to lower the rear pegs engage about 5-6” before the front ones. Not a show stopper but seems it could be leveled better.