Sponsored

Mind = blown: Turns out other companies can't make vehicle right now either!

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
In reading the comments and chatter on here over the past year from the best and brightest, you all had convinced me that the only company incompetent enough to not be running full speed was Ford.

Yet it seems perhaps other companies are incompetent as well?

Three GM plants making their heavy duty trucks, and light duty trucks will go silent. They have also de-contented vehicles just to put something on the lot to sell because of parts and chip shortages.

https://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2021/08/general-motors-halts-pickup-truck-production-again/

On top of that, a friend who owns a body shop has 3 (Three!) Rubicons that all need driveline components but every part from FCA is back-ordered 45-65 days (as an estimate, he is not confident those parts will actually arrive within 65 days).

I mean, what is happening in the world of globally sourced, JIT inventory mass manufacturing? Did all these companies poach Ford executives just to jump on the "incompetent bandwagon"? I dunno ladies and gents. This might indicate that there's greater issues at hand than just Webasto in the world.

Who's with me and wants to cancel their Bronco order to get a Corvette???? At least GM knows how to launch a vehicle (am I right!), Corvette launch has been essentially perfect, that MY19 unit you slapped down a deposit on should darken your driveway before 2022 if you're connected high enough up their food chain.
Sponsored

johnston.zach

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Chevy Impala
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
welcome to supply chain where tf have you been the last year?

Thed

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GX460 '16 Miata '67 F-100 '21 Streetfighter V4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Peterbilt and Kenworth can't get enough particulate matter sensors to fill the needs of existing trucks and new trucks. They're going to start producing new trucks that don't have them, and then be recalled later when parts become available. Wild times we're in right now.

OP
OP
Rick Astley

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
welcome to supply chain where tf have you been the last year?
I use the comments from B6g to educate me on how companies should fulfill their personal and legally binding production guarantees to their customers.

Do you think the source might skewing the results?

Sponsored

johnston.zach

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Chevy Impala
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I use the comments from B6g to educate me on how companies should fulfill their personal and legally binding production guarantees to their customers.

Google Force Majeure. Cancels all legally binding guarantees...... Most supply chains are declaring this, this year.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Common sense and a modicum of intelligence is not welcome here. Be gone with your logic!

2021badlands bronco bob

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 civic
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In reading the comments and chatter on here over the past year from the best and brightest, you all had convinced me that the only company incompetent enough to not be running full speed was Ford.

Three GM plants making their heavy duty trucks, and light duty trucks will go silent. They have also de-contented vehicles just to put something on the lot to sell because of parts and chip shortages.

https://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2021/08/general-motors-halts-pickup-truck-production-again/

On top of that, a friend who owns a body shop has 3 (Three!) Rubicons that all need driveline components but every part from FCA is back-ordered 45-65 days (as an estimate, he is not confident those parts will actually arrive within 65 days).

I mean, what is happening in the world of globally sourced, JIT inventory mass manufacturing? Did all these companies poach Ford executives just to jump on the "incompetent bandwagon"? I dunno ladies and gents. This might indicate that there's greater issues at hand than just Webasto in the world.

Who's with me and wants to cancel their Bronco order to get a Corvette???? At least GM knows how to launch a vehicle (am I right!), Corvette launch has been essentially perfect, that MY19 unit you slapped down a deposit on should darken your driveway before 2022 if you're connected high enough up their food chain.
Sorry I’m lost. Honda and Jeep’s Are being built I’m sure other people could chime in with some other companies? But you did say Ford and GM so there you have it.

shimmy825

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Mind = blown: Turns out other companies can't make vehicle right now either! 1628184818064

Ford Bronco Mind = blown: Turns out other companies can't make vehicle right now either! 1628184832107

Ford Bronco Mind = blown: Turns out other companies can't make vehicle right now either! 1628184850101

Sponsored

Dubsilk

Badlands
First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 M240 6MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There is a difference with supply chain shortages and delays and bad product that they just can’t right (MIC tops).

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Trying buying a bike or bike parts, it’s even worse. As far as I have seen or heard, really only Toyota kept their suppliers and supplies on line. They have a long history of being good partners to suppliers. Most others, not so much.

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Oh, you savvy, silver-tongued devil coming in here with your facts and logic. How dare you, sir!?

Anyone and everyone knows this is limited to the blue oval alone.
My neighbor's yard gnomes told me last night during a drunken game of high-stakes Yahtzee that Stellantis, Honda, and Tesla have been paying shipyards to keep FoMoCo parts ships off-shore to drive them to bankruptcy.

De Brus

First Edition
First Name
De Brus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 HD 1200, '66 IH, '62 VW
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Now do Stellantis

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

Legally binding???? I’d love to see guarantees also?
Sponsored