Sponsored

Mind = blown: Turns out other companies can't make vehicle right now either!

thatspecialbeat

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subies
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Lol. Ford is still waiting for the quarter build estimate emails. They are stuck on a container ship right now.

If Ford just transparently admits they are F'd and there will be a massive delay for reservation holders, that would be sufficient for most of us. But they decided to do the commodity hunger games system instead of being transparent.

Also, 4 door soft tops are ugly. (this is how to properly troll)
Sponsored

SuperFord

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

In reading the comments and chatter on here over the past year from the best and brightest, you all had convinced me that the only company incompetent enough to not be running full speed was Ford.

Yet it seems perhaps other companies are incompetent as well?

Three GM plants making their heavy duty trucks, and light duty trucks will go silent. They have also de-contented vehicles just to put something on the lot to sell because of parts and chip shortages.

https://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2021/08/general-motors-halts-pickup-truck-production-again/

On top of that, a friend who owns a body shop has 3 (Three!) Rubicons that all need driveline components but every part from FCA is back-ordered 45-65 days (as an estimate, he is not confident those parts will actually arrive within 65 days).

I mean, what is happening in the world of globally sourced, JIT inventory mass manufacturing? Did all these companies poach Ford executives just to jump on the "incompetent bandwagon"? I dunno ladies and gents. This might indicate that there's greater issues at hand than just Webasto in the world.

Who's with me and wants to cancel their Bronco order to get a Corvette???? At least GM knows how to launch a vehicle (am I right!), Corvette launch has been essentially perfect, that MY19 unit you slapped down a deposit on should darken your driveway before 2022 if you're connected high enough up their food chain.

Now you wait just one minute mister! This does not fit the narrative around here that Ford is staffed entirely by incompetent buffoons that couldn't make a ham sandwich if their lives depended on it and that all "stealerships" are staffed exclusively by Satan spawn. You mean to tell me that other companies are having similar difficulties? crazy...

in all seriousness, I tried to order a Trek (one of the largest manufacturers of) mountain bike this past spring and 5 different bike shops told me it would be something like 250 days (NEXT YEAR) before it would arrive. This was for an existing model, not some all new unobtainium version that hadn't come out yet. oh and they require you to prepay in full when you place the order (not just $100). I tried to order a saddle (seat) and was told by Ergon the manufacturer that they were sold out for the entire year 2021. I tried to order a 1Up USA made bike rack two months ago to go on the back of my bronco and they "invited me to join their wait list".

Shit is crazy out there right now and it's not just at Ford.

Last edited:

mcdoogs

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 Ford Focus ST, 21 Mercedes Benz E350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You know it is possible that Ford is affected by global supply chain issues in general and bungled the Bronco launch (especially in terms of customer communication) in particular. These aren't mutually exclusive things.

BaseSquatch

Base
First Name
@NotOJsBronco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My buddy just ordered a brand new Jeep Wrangler Willy’s, and the dealer estimated 10-12 weeks for delivery. We’ll see if that holds true. But it’s still better than the 2+ years it takes to get a Bronco after reserving one from Ford.

Either way... The production time isn’t even the biggest problem. The communication from Ford is what’s bothering people. I’d rather hear them say, “We have no clue” than, “Stay pumped!” Honesty and transparency go a long way. And I don’t think the PR team at Ford understands that...

Sponsored

Tricky Nick

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 2dr JK, manual, AEV lifted, 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Google Force Majeure. Cancels all legally binding guarantees...... Most supply chains are declaring this, this year.
Depends on how the Force Majeure clause is written, and to make sure it jives and not in conflict with other contract provisions. In several states, commercial tenants' novel defenses associated with Force Majeure and frustration of purpose are being shot down by courts in eviction / collection actions, based on the contract language. Just having a force majeure clause does not automatically cancel all legally binding guarantees.

zigtig

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 Wrangler, 2021 Telluride, 2014 Slim, 2019 Rzr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

In reading the comments and chatter on here over the past year from the best and brightest, you all had convinced me that the only company incompetent enough to not be running full speed was Ford.

Three GM plants making their heavy duty trucks, and light duty trucks will go silent. They have also de-contented vehicles just to put something on the lot to sell because of parts and chip shortages.

https://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2021/08/general-motors-halts-pickup-truck-production-again/

On top of that, a friend who owns a body shop has 3 (Three!) Rubicons that all need driveline components but every part from FCA is back-ordered 45-65 days (as an estimate, he is not confident those parts will actually arrive within 65 days).

I mean, what is happening in the world of globally sourced, JIT inventory mass manufacturing? Did all these companies poach Ford executives just to jump on the "incompetent bandwagon"? I dunno ladies and gents. This might indicate that there's greater issues at hand than just Webasto in the world.

Who's with me and wants to cancel their Bronco order to get a Corvette???? At least GM knows how to launch a vehicle (am I right!), Corvette launch has been essentially perfect, that MY19 unit you slapped down a deposit on should darken your driveway before 2022 if you're connected high enough up their food chain.
Totally agree. Everything is wacky when it comes to supply chain. Nothing ever goes off without a hitch. It just doesn’t.

talbot

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr BL AMB
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

how fucking bizarre is it that this is one of the most logical posts I've read here in a while

Ford Bronco Mind = blown: Turns out other companies can't make vehicle right now either! source

ETA: double text

shieldsy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Distilling everything down to a JIT issue is as woefully inaccurate as assigning zero blame to global supply chain issues in a Worldwide pandemic. There is plenty of finger pointing and Monday morning quarterbacking that could occur if they ever did a full root cause and post mortem on the Bronco launch. Likewise, the mock outrage and hyperbole when authoring a forum thread is just as dumb as the posts it seems intent on mocking.

Mike E

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands SAS 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well I just went by the largest Toyota dealership in Colorado, they have zero 4Runner Limited’s to sell they are taking deposits on future vehicles either all ready on order or New orders only. They do not believe the car industry will be back to normal anytime soon…..maybe MY23.

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sneakers
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Distilling everything down to a JIT issue is as woefully inaccurate as assigning zero blame to global supply chain issues in a Worldwide pandemic. There is plenty of finger pointing and Monday morning quarterbacking that could occur if they ever did a full root cause and post mortem on the Bronco launch. Likewise, the mock outrage and hyperbole when authoring a forum thread is just as dumb as the posts it seems intent on mocking.
Ford Bronco Mind = blown: Turns out other companies can't make vehicle right now either! ggt6

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Just a casual drive around town confirmed that weeks ago! All car dealerships, used car lots as well have been at maybe 1/4 (if they are lucky) the amount of inventory prior to the beer flu shit show! At least in my neck of the woods!

Reactions: jxc

Denba1

Badlands
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Oh, you savvy, silver-tongued devil coming in here with your facts and logic. How dare you, sir!?

Anyone and everyone knows this is limited to the blue oval alone.
My neighbor's yard gnomes told me last night during a drunken game of high-stakes Yahtzee that Stellantis, Honda, and Tesla have been paying shipyards to keep FoMoCo parts ships off-shore to drive them to bankruptcy.
"Maggots, Michael. You're eating maggots."
Sponsored