Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 U15, 2021 First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

The hotel l, that is within walking distance of the off-rodeo, horse stables, and the river is more than worth it. Not the ritz but not the motel 6. The restaurant is amazing, has a bar, the rooms are awesome, and everything is worth it.

there are reasons why they are sold out all the time. But if you want to stay in town, that’s fine, it’s just like any other town, and likely cost you the same without the awesome area.

I think it's spelled TikTok - Both in Canada and the United States.
I think he meant a time reference, not the stupid Chinese app.
Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

stellandter

Black Diamond
First Name
Stella
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mits outlander, Chrysler Pacifica, 67 Chevy Impala
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Asking those in the Bronco6G community who've attended the Off-Rodeo in Moab; where did you guys stay?

I have no interest in the "resort" style hotel that Ford recommends even though it does look nice. Looking at something on the "strip" portion of Main Street that looks to be near bars and restaurants and other touristy stuff.

Since this will be my first trip to Moab, plan for my buddy and I to visit all 3 nearby parks for some hiking and sightseeing. We're looking at Mid-April for a weekend attendance and will stay for a Thurs-Sun or maybe Monday flight back.

Not looking for a cheap motel, but don't need the Ritz neither. Also really hoping they have some 2 Dr Broncos to play in the sand and dust with. Rain works too.

Anyone else looking at the Moab site? If so, please chime in and pile on.
When we stayed in Moab on a cross country road trip, we didn't want to camp as it was too hot, so we stayed at the Apache Motel, which was fun. Walkable to the downtown. It's where John Wayne used to stay when filming there.

KEM IA

Black Diamond
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm personally leaning toward Airbnb a place in Grand Junction to be in middle of places I want to hit up between Utah and Colorado. Been using vacation rentals instead of hotels for the last couple of years and been happy with the results.

Sponsored
OP
OP
MadMan4BamaNATL

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm personally leaning toward Airbnb a place in Grand Junction to be in middle of places I want to hit up between Utah and Colorado. Been using vacation rentals instead of hotels for the last couple of years and been happy with the results.
Since we're basically heading out for the Off-Rodeo and renting something from Enterprise like a Jetta or Camry, want to save Grand Junction CO for the trip I'll take IN my Bronco maybe in a year or so depending when Ford gives it to me.

Really liking your planning which is I'm sure food for thought for many of us.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lmfao, I do say, seeing that you said, and took time to correct something out of context. So yea, I do say.
There's some context there - 604 and I are basically like an old married couple at this point.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP
OP
MadMan4BamaNATL

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I stayed in KOA for a few nights and we stayed in Element for the last night. The element was a very good value and one of my favorite hotels ever. I've stayed in hundreds of hotels and Element seemed to strike a good balance.

The Hoodoo is very nice, but it was like $450/night during the summer.

I would advise staying in Moab. The Off-Rodeo lodge is kind of out from town and you'll find yourself wanting to go into town.
Read up on the Element and reviews say the walls and build quality of the hotel felt cheap, meaning you could hear guests in the next room. Looks nice though in pics and will make note that you enjoyed your stay.

The HooDoo does look nice, but it's $380 during my target weekend and I just don't want to spend that much out in Moab.

The Homewood and Wyndam are looking better and better, as they'll keep me in town for nightlife.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Since we're basically heading out for the Off-Rodeo and renting something from Enterprise like a Jetta or Camry, want to save Grand Junction CO for the trip I'll take IN my Bronco maybe in a year or so depending when Ford gives it to me.

Really liking your planning which is I'm sure food for thought for many of us.
I hear the Camry will do phenomenal at Moab, lol

Sponsored

GoTigersGoBronco

Badlands
First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Read up on the Element and reviews say the walls and build quality of the hotel felt cheap, meaning you could hear guests in the next room. Looks nice though in pics and will make note that you enjoyed your stay.

The HooDoo does look nice, but it's $380 during my target weekend and I just don't want to spend that much out in Moab.

The Homewood and Wyndam are looking better and better, as they'll keep me in town for nightlife.
The Element and Fairfield each have a fabulous pool. If you’re going in non pool months, don’t worry.

Mike E

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands SAS 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Personally I would check VRBO and see what you can find. There are plenty of condo / townhome multi bedroom places. MOAB off season rates are awesome if you can go sooner....

CaptHugemeat

Base
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 CTS-V Racecar, 2018 CTS-V, 2022 Model Y Perf.
Your Bronco Model
Base
My wife and I drove out there in November for Off-Roadeo. We slummed it at the Mainstay Suites, but a couple of places I definitely recommend are the Desert Bistro and this bar at the back of Spitfire BBQ. Desert Bistro was surprisingly "fancy" with AWESOME food. I mostly just liked the bar at Spitfire because they had this blackberry sour beer that was unreal.

nomnom

Base
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Basequatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

We thought about turning this into a Spring Skiing trip in March as well, actually going Skiing in Colorado next week. Copper and a couple days at Breckenridge. For a 4 night trip.
Copper is great! Breck commute can be a pain, if you don’t pay for the $20 parking you have to wait for the bus, to wait for the gondola, to wait for the ski lift, THEN you’re in your first run.

then going back to your car…

idobleedblue

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4-door Badlands Sasquatch Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You will need a reservation ticket to get into Arches National Park as of April 1.
We won't need a park reservation ticket for the day of the rodeo, correct? But if going into Arches the day before or after then yes, I would imagine one would need a reservation then.
Sponsored