First Name
Joby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco WIldtrak Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It honestly looks like every other post in the classifieds is someone looking for a Modular bumper to replace the Base OEM plastic bumper. Not that it's probably a good option, but I did contact a few Chinese vendors through Alibaba. They claim to have an EXACT replica of it with all parts and sensor holes for $288. Freight is on top of that but I imagine if 20 people bought them, would be a lot less than the $325 freight for the one unit. From past examples, guessing it would be about $100 Freight per unit at 20 units. So maybe like $400 a unit at 20 units conservatively including import taxes, etc. The company I talked to on this is the most reputeable and Ive seen their work and it's pretty good...or at least as good as you will get from Chinese duplicators.

Included some screen shots the "engineer" sent me of the modular bumper they offer and one of the advertised photo.

Disclaimer: I'm not pushing or selling these things...just sharing some info from something that caught my eye and had my curiosity up.

Bumper1.jpeg

Bumper2.jpeg

Bumper3.png
Sponsored

j_anderson

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

moderate interest

Sponsored

Lewisj41

Heritage
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I'd be open to this.

RYD003

Outer Banks
First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY23 Bronco OB
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Curious.

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
I suppose they all either have sensor holes or they don't, which isn't ideal. But following

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It was only a matter of time that the design would be copied. The real questions are the quality of construction, gauge of steel, fitment, coating, etc. Hard to discern based on pictures.

Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
It honestly looks like every other post in the classifieds is someone looking for a Modular bumper to replace the Base OEM plastic bumper. Not that it's probably a good option, but I did contact a few Chinese vendors through Alibaba. They claim to have an EXACT replica of it with all parts and sensor holes for $288. Freight is on top of that but I imagine if 20 people bought them, would be a lot less than the $325 freight for the one unit. From past examples, guessing it would be about $100 Freight per unit at 20 units. So maybe like $400 a unit at 20 units conservatively including import taxes, etc. The company I talked to on this is the most reputeable and Ive seen their work and it's pretty good...or at least as good as you will get from Chinese duplicators.

Included some screen shots the "engineer" sent me of the modular bumper they offer and one of the advertised photo.

Disclaimer: I'm not pushing or selling these things...just sharing some info from something that caught my eye and had my curiosity up.

Bumper1.jpeg

Bumper2.jpeg

Bumper3.png
Don't know about the quality of that knock-off, but the Bronco scene can definitely benefit from more products and versions of stuff, to get to Jeep level of options and cost points.

Plus - it's only a bumper right. It's going to get bumped and dinged and hammered on, so who cares if it's exact replica, as long as it's strong and functional.

I will say, looking at the backside and design of the knock-off, if the OEM bumper is same, then that bumper style looks weaker than I assumed. I figured for $800 (OEM) it would be something more solid? Anyone know the gauge of metal used on the OEM bumper segments?

Lewisj41

Heritage
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Just ordered 2 of them. The translator on Ali sucks but I think they're supposed to get here in 30-45 days.
Please give a review when you get these.

Last edited:

mdfilip

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Shelby GT350, 22 Bronco BL, 29 Ford Roadster
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just ordered 2 of them. The translator on Ali sucks but I think they're supposed to get here in 30-45 days.
What was the shipping cost?

I would be in if anyone wants to start a group buy
Sponsored