Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 4DR Wildtrak, 2023 Maverick XLT FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Looks identical to my eBay mod bumper, same packaging, same flaws and everything. Flip is right, it is heavy. My capable bumper felt like a powder puff in comparison. All in all I'm pretty happy with it

Ford Bronco Modular Front Bumper Option....sort of 59C80C83-30A8-41AB-BD9F-2CF32C871390_1_105_c
Sponsored

MFP2241

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Front hooks which are heavy but have some pitting (presumably cast) and not identical to the stock ones.
The cast quality and structural integrity of the hooks, in an actual recovery situation, would be my only concern with this bumper.

I'm fairly certain Ford appropriately tested the strength of thier hooks, unsure if these received the same scrutiny.

Sandbergo

Outer Banks
First Name
Jelani & Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The cast quality and structural integrity of the hooks, in an actual recovery situation, would be my only concern with this bumper.

I'm fairly certain Ford appropriately tested the strength of thier hooks, unsure if these received the same scrutiny.
Wonder if you could buy the Ford hooks and use them instead.

Miker002

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If you find the hooks please let me know I have been looking for the part number but I end up with something else. But I also must admit it was a single attempt lol

Sponsored

TheShark

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Pretty much my exact experience putting the ebay mod bumper on. I did learn something though, I had two screws left over after the install and now I know what they are for, to hold the tow hooks in place. Oh well, did really have a problem installing the bumper without them and it probably made it easier when I swapped the tow hooks for a pair of orange Ford Performance hooks.

bronco346

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
How's every one's bumpers holding up?

Darkjeep

Outer Banks
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Besides the scratch from the shipping mine is doing well. I did get the Ford recovery hoop because the shackles I bought wouldn't fit past the poor casting line in the middle of the Chinese one. It looks good and I am happy with the price and install was easy.

TheShark

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Mine is holding up just fine, I did replace the front hooks with orange ones from Ford Performance.
Ford Bronco Modular Front Bumper Option....sort of B715A4A9-69AE-4F81-B194-5706B13FDA16_1_105_c

The photo also highlights my $165 Chinese knockoff Raptor grille.

Sponsored

BostonSasquatch

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Lux Badlands with hardtop and Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Two to my dealership was $1,281.29, of that $562.10 was shipping, $600.60 was the two bumpers, the rest is probably some made up tax.
So you got two. Can you report on the quality of these things? And the fit? Do you have to provide extra, or different, fittings, nuts & bolts?

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So you got two. Can you report on the quality of these things? And the fit? Do you have to provide extra, or different, fittings, nuts & bolts?
Everything is pretty much there to install it but you will need to swap over your existing harness and park aid sensors. As far as quality, I got a set of the Mabett knock-off raptor style fogs and they didn't fit worth a crap. I don't know if that's because the end cap or stamping is that far out of spec, fog light assemblies or combination of both.

The weight of the bumper, back mounting brackets seem to be similar to OEM but all of the button head bolts that hold the caps on as well as for mounting a bull bar are standard over seas quality. They do have thin plastic washers under each bolt presumably to avoid damaging the bumper coating/paint. Don't know if that's due to the lower quality of the finish or just an added layer of protection but the OE "Bronco" bolts don't have that.

Bumper I'm going to put on mine has some imperfections on one of the caps that appears to have been done during the manufacturing process and was not corrected prior to paint. For the cost, this is to be expected. It does come with OE style front tow hook brackets but the finish is different that factory and I would assume it probably wasn't tested to failure like the OE. Would I spend the $$ to put OE hooks on? Probably not unless I was going to do a ton of off-roading, had a winch and relied on them as the main hook off/yank/pull point. The OE could still fail and all you are gaining is a marginal amount of insurance assuming the OE quality is superior.

I think these would be a good option for those wanting an OE style MOD bumper with no plans to go aftermarket. Quality is in line with the cost and if you were going to go banging around on a trail and it got damaged, it's less of loss $$ wise compared to the OE MOD part costs. I don't have spare OE end caps laying around or I would throw them on just to see how or if they fit. The caps are about 1/3 of the cost of the whole OE setup and generally the most trail damaged part of the front bumper.

JR23

Outer Banks
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23’ Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Did the install on an eBay bumper today. Everything lined up nice and quality seems decent.

went with a mabett bar, mishimoto plate mount, ford recovery hooks, asfir aluminum skid, and lights on the factory fog harness(not working yet).

Ford Bronco Modular Front Bumper Option....sort of IMG_0422

Brandonj83

Black Diamond
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Looks like there are two versions of the aftermarket mod bumper. The first picture is one from EBay that cost 325. The end caps on these are not like the factory ones as in the whole piece comes off instead of leaving the top bar all the way across. I ordered the one in the second pic off Amazon which looks like the factory one.

Ford Bronco Modular Front Bumper Option....sort of IMG_0168

Ford Bronco Modular Front Bumper Option....sort of IMG_0169
Sponsored