Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Just an observation, I’ve noticed an obvious uptick in Wildtraks going up for sale on cargurus and other sites ever since the order guide came out and HOSS 3.0 became officially standard for 2023. Wonder if it’s just coincidence…
Maybe but the price also went up $3.1k and Ford's not going to include HOSS 3 under Price protection.
Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Bringing this back from the dead to add a small change that I haven't seen noted yet:

2023 Badlands 2-door, 2.3/MT has a new skid plate welded to the chassis brace aft of the sway bar and subframe.

Ford Bronco More 2023 Bronco changes confirmed: Base sound gets 7 speakers, HOSS 3.0 standard on Wildtrak, Azure Gray added, Cyber Orange removed 20230307_121426

It's a pitiful little thing and won't do much to protect the transmission (the chassis brace is already there afterall), but it does impact clearance enough you can't install a full trans skid until you remove the brace entirely, or cut the welds holding the mini skid plate on.

@Administrator were you aware of this small change? Haven't found anything via search or recall anything as the MY rolled over.

gaaangs

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
And the 2023 base "7" speaker system no longer gets a sub due to constraints...

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Bringing this back from the dead to add a small change that I haven't seen noted yet:

2023 Badlands 2-door, 2.3/MT has a new skid plate welded to the chassis brace aft of the sway bar and subframe.

Ford Bronco More 2023 Bronco changes confirmed: Base sound gets 7 speakers, HOSS 3.0 standard on Wildtrak, Azure Gray added, Cyber Orange removed 20230307_121426

It's a pitiful little thing and won't do much to protect the transmission (the chassis brace is already there afterall), but it does impact clearance enough you can't install a full trans skid until you remove the brace entirely, or cut the welds holding the mini skid plate on.

@Administrator were you aware of this small change? Haven't found anything via search or recall anything as the MY rolled over.
Weird. Thanks for noticing and sharing. Have 2dr MT build scheduled in 2 weeks and while my under-truck plans still remain much longer term it's always good to keep apprised of what's happening down there. Wondering if this was a MY23 change from the get-go or a running change.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Weird. Thanks for noticing and sharing. Have 2dr MT build scheduled in 2 weeks and while my under-truck plans still remain much longer term it's always good to keep apprised of what's happening down there. Wondering if this was a MY23 change from the get-go or a running change.
I haven't pulled the brace (with attached skid plate), but after giving it a good long reach around, it's tack welded to the brace so I'll eventually pull it and cut the welds unless somebody local wants to swap parts if they want the brace.

The change was discovered while trying to install a transmission skid plate which won't install with the factory brace in.
Sponsored