NJNMDoc

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
A MY24 4-door Wildtrak with a hardtop, is $10k more than the Heritage Edition, with a Hardtop and 2.7.
Ya that’s nonsensical. Doesn’t HE get a SDC? If so that’s the kind of pricing structure they’ll need to look at. But the trims are dumb.
Sponsored

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I agree. And it’s not like the slight addition to travel provided by SDC is ever getting close to the potential of what the aftermarket holds. Especially after you read posts like the recent one about FMC denying warranty claims re SDC on a modded rig.

If you really want to dominate the rocks you’re highly likely yo mod your Bronco. So if the SDC is an issue that’s not a big selling point.
SDC is more nifty than necessary, if you're actually off roading (IMO). I think most of us assume they'll fail eventually. There are better options, including for the younger crew just manually disconnecting, that are probably better and cheaper. But I got it, so I use it. More interesting is when it does go out out of warranty, do I just remove the stay bars or get an Antirock? 🤔

NJNMDoc

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
SDC is more nifty than necessary, if you're actually off roading (IMO). I think most of us assume they'll fail eventually. There are better options, including for the younger crew just manually disconnecting, that are probably better and cheaper. But I got it, so I use it. More interesting is when it does go out out of warranty, do I just remove the stay bars or get an Antirock? 🤔
Ya exactly. It’s a parlor trick. In the end you should in fact break it and then get either the Antirock or (my personal fav) the Carli. But ya… so those trims… so SO useful.

2023bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Don't know what it is about some Broncos, but sometimes their emissions smell like smug. It seems to come from the trim level that people end up with when they can't get a Raptor. There's a false sense of that trim level being "the" top-level Bronco, uh, beneath Raptor of course, lol.

NJNMDoc

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Don't know what it is about some Broncos, but sometimes their emissions smell like smug. It seems to come from the trim level that people end up with when they can't get a Raptor. There's a false sense of that trim level being "the" top-level Bronco, uh, beneath Raptor of course, lol.
Agreed. The trim levels are pretty useless. I bought WT at the time specifically to get the HOSS 3.0. I actually liked the BL MGV interior better, but wanted heated seats. So there ya go. The whole deal would have been so much easier to option if ya just had a base level and then add a bunch of options to it. Maybe in packages by alacarte would be even better. Then it just wouldn’t matter. It’s a bronco, with whatever you added. Or it’s a raptor if you want all the bells and whistles.

Sponsored

ScLeCo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Charger Hellcat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Wildtrack is never getting a V8. MAYBE the raptor will and a 120K+ price tag.
At best the 3.0 will drop down into the lower trim levels.

Rusty Sheckelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Maybe it's time for Ford to go back to:

Custom
XL
XLT
Eddie Bauer

FDB78-16720-BC_1__54670.1587594004.jpg

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Matt Winter said:
"That is the same robust steering gear from HOSS 3.0. We took feedback from customers, and now that's included on the Badlands and Sasquatch vehicles. So we want customers feel confident out there on the trail, and provide just a little bit stronger more robust experience. So now you have a little bit more vehicle that you can use, and really put the Bronco through it's paces, as it's meant to be, and have a lot of fun with it out there on the trail."

Sounds like all Sasquatched Broncos are getting Hoss 3.0 steering! Nice.
I am just waiting for the $50 credit for the heavy duty steering rack delete option when they run out of racks.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
How dare you besmearch my Outer Banks like that! How dare you!?!

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Does Matt Winter have a public social profile?

Would really want to know why I'm at 1144 days since original reservation and still no VIN or even being scheduled.
Have you considered buying a Bronco sport or maybe something used? ;)

I can't see how they can let you twist in the wind for almost 4 years, that's insane.

CalvinT

Badlands
First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Subaru WRX Wagon, 2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I believe so... maybe?... but even if you cannot, there is a lot of aftermarket options.

My personal opinion: You may not want to do that. I just have a set of spare tie-rods that I carry in the Bronco when I'm doing any rock-crawling.

Tie-rods are basically the "fuses" in the steering system. They are designed to break before the steering rack itself breaks, much like a fuse is designed to blow before the electronics behind the fuse are impacted. So if you reinforce the tie-rods, you may just be moving the weak link to the steering rack itself. And obviously the steering rack is a lot more expensive to replace than the tie rods. Not saying that you shouldn't replace the tie-rods, but just be aware of the potential downsides.

I saw a Wildtrak owner with broken tie rods being towed out of a trail by his buddy's Black Diamond. But... it was pretty clear he lifted his Wildtrak because that thing was gigantic compared to the Black Diamond. And I don't know if he bothered to correct or account for the geometry changes after lifting it.

I certainly haven't seen a factory HOSS 3.0 Wildtrak with broken tie rods.
I've been wondering how many unmodified and properly driven Badlands break tie rods. Properly driven means steering wheel centered when locking front axle. It means not giving full power with locked front axle with the steering wheel cranked over.

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've been wondering how many unmodified and properly driven Badlands break tie rods. Properly driven means steering wheel centered when locking front axle. It means not giving full power with locked front axle with the steering wheel cranked over.
If you aren't allowed to steer the vehicle, or use the skinny pedal, the thing is more or less useless. Doubt any Bronco thats been driven offroad fits your definition of "properly driven".

CalvinT

Badlands
First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Subaru WRX Wagon, 2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm thinking that Ford's original intention was for the Badlands to be a rock crawler. But you do have a good point.

Moose737

Outer Banks
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Own
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So I am headed to the dealership in couple hours and find this thread..thanks for more confusion..lol. Let me get this straight…an SAS outerbanks has the same suspension and a Wildtrack now? Just add the HD modular bumper, Aux switches…and it’s a Wildtrack minus some physical changes like the grill, silver beauty ring wheels, colored mirrors and door handles? But cheaper price? I’m probably not reading the whole thread correctly
Sponsored