Sponsored

Bronco HOSS 3.0 Take-offs: Compatibility with 2021 Models?

Doomz

Black Diamond
First Name
Ari
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 BMW 428i, 2021 Black Diamond CG
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Any advice would be greatly appreciate as I am supposed to make this transaction in less than 24 hours.

I recently came across this article on Bronco Nation that states the following:

"When the 3.0 system was introduced, the immediate reaction from the community was "How can I add that on my Bronco I've already taken delivery of?" At the time, Esteban Plaza-Jennings, former Bronco brand manager, informed BN that parts couldn't be bolted on to make your own HOSS 3.0. The main reason? The rear sway bar Ford added to 4-door Sasquatch Broncos at the beginning of this year was not available on ’21 Broncos.

"The primary difficulty for anyone that wants to bolt on 3.0 is that rear sta-bar," says Bronco Vehicle Engineering Manager Jamie Groves. "If you`have a 21MY truck, you don't have the brackets on the frame to mount the rear sta-bar. Specifically for HOSS 3.0, the rear bar enabled us to reduce spring rates, which offered some tuning opportunities. It's like adding another knob to turn in suspension tuning. That rear bar enables better off-road and on-road performance.
”

I am having trouble interpreting if the article is saying HOSS 3.0 is incompatible with all 2021 Bronco models due to a difference in rear sway bar brackets, or if its saying its incompatible with 2021 Bronco Sasquatch models with the sway bar disco.

Any advice or first hand experience on this topic would be greatly appreciated.

2022-Bronco-Wildtrak_optional-HOSS-3.0_Fox-Internal-Bypass-Dampers-Package_25.jpg
Sponsored

ScLeCo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Charger Hellcat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

ALL 2021. 2021's don't have the rear brackets.

IwannaGOfast

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Ranger Long Travel, 2014 Cruze Commuter
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What about an aftermarket sway bar? I think belltech and hellwig each have one, possibly more.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The coilovers will work just fine. You can't add the rear sway bar.

OP
OP
Doomz

Doomz

Black Diamond
First Name
Ari
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The coilovers will work just fine. You can't add the rear sway bar.
I appreciate the response, I always see you on here dropping knowledge. Could I use my existing sway bar?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Doomz

Doomz

Black Diamond
First Name
Ari
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What about an aftermarket sway bar? I think belltech and hellwig each have one, possibly more.
Might be worth it to get these Fox shocks in. You got a link by chance ? Trying to understand how an aftermarket one would differ from my existing one

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I appreciate the response, I always see you on here dropping knowledge. Could I use my existing sway bar?

Your front sway bar is fine. What that article is alluding to is the rear springs are a little softer (maybe) and to prevent too much roll in the rear Ford added the rear sway bar. The early models don't have the brackets for the rear swaybar, so we can't add it without a lot of work. There are people running the 3.0 coilovers without a rear bar and I've yet to see any of them complain. I doubt you would notice any difference.

As an aside, I have completely removed my front swaybar and am hoping Rockjock makes a rear bar that will fit the early models. I am interested in trying just a rear bar to see if it makes my front articulate more.

Either way, I think you will be fine using the coilovers on your current settup without any issues. You might want to join one of the 3.0 threads and ask if anyone feels their rear springs are too soft.

Maybe ask in this thread if anyone with the 3.0 and no rear swaybar feels the rear springs are too soft: HOSS 3.0 part numbers/cost? | Page 6 | Bronco6G - 2021+ Ford Bronco & Bronco Raptor Forum, News, Blog & Owners Community

Last edited:
OP
OP
Doomz

Doomz

Black Diamond
First Name
Ari
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Your front sway bar is fine. What that article is alluding to is the rear springs are a little softer (maybe) and to prevent too much roll in the rear Ford added the rear sway bar. The early models don't have the brackets for the rear swaybar, so we can't add it without a lot of work. There are people running the 3.0 coilovers without a rear bar and I've yet to see any of them complain. I doubt you would notice any difference.

As an aside, I have completely removed my front swaybar and am hoping Rockjock makes a rear bar that will fit the early models. I am interested in trying just a rear bar to see if it makes my front articulate more.

Either way, I think you will be fine using the coilovers on your current settup without any issues. You might want to join one of the 3.0 threads and ask if anyone feels their rear springs are too soft.

Maybe ask in this thread if anyone with the 3.0 and no rear swaybar feels the rear springs are too soft: HOSS 3.0 part numbers/cost? | Page 6 | Bronco6G - 2021+ Ford Bronco & Bronco Raptor Forum, News, Blog & Owners Community
Yeah I’ve been on that thread talking to a guy who did the swap but with a 2022 so he has the sway bar.

I think I’m starting to get the picture. My real concern is that this suspension kit is effectively meant to be used with a sway bar and I do not have one. I am leaning towards sending it, at mild risk of life, limb and high speed stability.

Rip

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I have the Hoss 3.0 on my 2021 Outer Banks with no sway bar. The rear springs are soft but it isn’t something I ever notice. As @kodiakisland said, I’m waiting to see if Rockjock or something similar comes out with a solution for 21s.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I was wondering about this as well. Started seeing take off kits on marketplace and such. What’s the lift compared to Sasquatch Bilsteins?

Can @North7 add them to his definitive guide?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Doomz

Doomz

Black Diamond
First Name
Ari
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have the Hoss 3.0 on my 2021 Outer Banks with no sway bar. The rear springs are soft but it isn’t something I ever notice. As @kodiakisland said, I’m waiting to see if Rockjock or something similar comes out with a solution for 21s.
Do you like how they ride? Also curious about how you have leveled your vehicle or if you just let the front ride high?

Rip

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I have enjoyed how they ride. My bronco sits half an inch higher in the rear but looks pretty level. I do not have anything else (level kit) on the suspension.

gregd121

Wildtrak
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger Scat Pack WB Shaker ; Tesla M3P
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have enjoyed how they ride. My bronco sits half an inch higher in the rear but looks pretty level. I do not have anything else (level kit) on the suspension.
Apologies being late to the party here, but did you only change out the shocks/springs? Or did you also add the 3.0 rack?

It is a noticeable difference from your original factory ride? Just wondering if it will be worth the time/money here.

wigglysqiggly

Black Diamond
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
i just did the swap and well worth it on my end. The rear end doesnt slam as hard and a lot more smoother

gregd121

Wildtrak
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger Scat Pack WB Shaker ; Tesla M3P
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
i just did the swap and well worth it on my end. The rear end doesnt slam as hard and a lot more smoother
Did you just change out the shocks? Noticeable difference in on-road driving?
Sponsored