Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

From thr article- "The reason was the 1.2 inches of increased ground clearance, increased thermal capacity of the Fox shocks so they wouldn’t fade and lose performance, and a 1.9-inch wider track for extra stability"
Read it Friday at work so I guess the 1.9 stuck in my head...either way is the 1.2 an increase over the std bronco, badlands, or sasq as all 3 are different. How much was travel increased with the 3.0 setup?
Sponsored

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I knew about this BUT the next question to ask is what inner and outer tie rods did they use?

Warthhog is running F150 raptor inner and outer tie rods. Is the HOSS 3.0 running the same?

Also:
Ford revised the spring rates, added a new rear stabilizer bar and inner and outer tie rods that are 32% stronger.

Last edited:

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Again?

D5428A9D-C5C0-4BD7-A1B3-0FE41E803110.jpeg

frankk

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lotus Elise
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Per the story...

Ford's Jeep Rubicon competitor died during race one. Ford came up with a fix but instead of fixing the design for all Broncos, they're charging $2500 for the fix. They are also limiting availability to one version of the Bronco so Ford's $60,000 Jeep Rubicon competitor will still fail the race. And another Ford competitor claimed they finished with a stock Tundra TRD.

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco ManSquatch, 2023 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Bronco, a set of trims that give you most of what you want but never all.
That's not unique to the Bronco. That's exactly the way Ford does it for every model they sell.

Sponsored

ryridesmotox

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Can we add these shocks to our Badlands aftermarket?
Radlfo makes a great upgrade. A shop I work with has a set in stock ready to ship. I can send you info if you want.

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The measurements on compared to a non-sas badlands...... It would have the same ground clearance and width as every Sasquatched Bronco. The Hoss 3.0 isn't adding any additional lift or width. That the way I see it. No(?)
That’s my current understanding also.

JPye

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That article makes it sound like the Badlands is a piece of garbage. Let’s not forget it wasn’t built to be a desert runner…
Then why did they include Baja mode, and delete sport mode on the Badlands. Seems like a mismatch to me.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Then why did they include Baja mode, and delete sport mode on the Badlands. Seems like a mismatch to me.
No idea, but the Badlands is more of a rock crawler/mud trekking beast vs the Wildtrak's desert running. I always wondered why the Wildtrak is the higher trim level, but it really shouldn't be (IMO).

Sponsored

JPye

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No idea, but the Badlands is more of a rock crawler/mud trekking beast vs the Wildtrak's desert running. I always wondered why the Wildtrak is the higher trim level, but it really shouldn't be (IMO).
Agreed that the BL is a better rock crawler with the swabar disconnect, but I don’t understand why FoMoCo added Baja and not Sport. I don’t think Baja mode would be a good choice in a dirt/gravel road, but of course I am going to have to try it. 😎

Last edited:

ICUGAZN

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I knew about this BUT the next question to ask is what inner and outer tie rods did they use?

Warthhog is running F150 raptor inner and outer tie rods. Is the HOSS 3.0 running the same?
Yeah, I believe those are Ford Performance inner and outer tie rods which would most likely be the same as the F150 Raptor since they were designed to handle the stress of 37s.

AzGoat

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Suburban 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That’s my current understanding also.
Mine as well. To compile the thoughts here: if you have a BL with SAS, then add (Radflo?) shocks, Bronco Buster tie rod brace with BroncBuster bushings, or alternatively new F150 Raptor tie rods, us BL owners could have virtually identical performance as the HOSS 3 *and* swaybar disconnect. The ultimate “stock-ish” Bronco.

edit: Is the rear sway bar really necessarily?

JPye

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That article makes it sound like the Badlands is a piece of garbage. Let’s not forget it wasn’t built to be a desert runner…
Not sure how you heard “Badlands is a piece if garbage”? The Badlands came in 3rd too when it was raced last year. Badlands non-Sasquatch didn’t have enough clearance and took underbody damage. But still made it to the podium. 🤔
Sponsored