NJNMDoc

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
WT owners weren’t paying premiums for cool dude coil overs. The majority advantages of having a WT have essentially been given away to level off the other models. There is nothing for ‘24 WT that would warrant stepping up to what is the largest price increase for the lineup. Based on this logic, they may as well kill the WT.
The WT will essentially represent the basics of a loaded Bronco assuming you optioned the Lux package. If you optioned Lux and have two tops and all the goodies you’ll have a loaded Bronco, not necessarily a WT.

I think it would be best if you’re placing a new order next year to think of it that way. Pretty much get off the trims and look at it like options without trim names. Build to your specifications from there. In the end I have a ‘23 4dr Lux 2.7 dual top with HOSS 3.0 and Fox Shocks. That’s just another way to say loaded Bronco.
Sponsored

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The WT will essentially represent the basics of a loaded Bronco assuming you optioned the Lux package. If you optioned Lux and have two tops and all the goodies you’ll have a loaded Bronco, not necessarily a WT.

I think it would be best if you’re placing a new order next year to think of it that way. Pretty much get off the trims and look at it like options without trim names. Build to your specifications from there. In the end I have a ‘23 4dr Lux 2.7 dual top with HOSS 3.0 and Fox Shocks. That’s just another way to say loaded Bronco.
This is ridiculous. Ford doesn't sell a top-of-the-line Bronco that's not a Raptor. They sell two, aimed at different types of off roading: Crawling and speed. (Not discussing the Heritage.)

Using the build and price tool, I come about $2k more for a WT once I kit out a BL w/Sas and whatnot to get it to match what I have (2.3L notwithstanding). My guess is getting Fox 2.5 suspension on a BL would make up most of that difference or more likely a lot more, whereas a WT could add a sta-bar disconnect for about that much or much less.

Saying that Ford should hobble their purpose-driven model trims just so that one trim always outshines the rest is bogus. (They do that already, the Raptor, which really is over the top.) BL should've had the HD steering all along. If Ford drops a v8 into the WT to give it more speed, I'm fine with that. I just don't believe the WT is devalued because Ford improved the BL.

NJNMDoc

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This is ridiculous. Ford doesn't sell a top-of-the-line Bronco that's not a Raptor. They sell two, aimed at different types of off roading: Crawling and speed. (Not discussing the Heritage.)

Using the build and price tool, I come about $2k more for a WT once I kit out a BL w/Sas and whatnot to get it to match what I have (2.3L notwithstanding). My guess is getting Fox 2.5 suspension on a BL would make up most of that difference or more likely a lot more, whereas a WT could add a sta-bar disconnect for about that much or much less.

Saying that Ford should hobble their purpose-driven model trims just so that one trim always outshines the rest is bogus. (They do that already, the Raptor, which really is over the top.) BL should've had the HD steering all along. If Ford drops a v8 into the WT to give it more speed, I'm fine with that. I just don't believe the WT is devalued because Ford improved the BL.
Sorry. Not following your logic here.
Yes- they will almost certainly change pricing but they’ve made such a huge mess out of this entire Bronco trim deal that I actually could just see them simplifying the entire thing to:

Ya get two bases to chose from:
1) Bronco
2) Bronco Raptor

You can option from there. What in the hell is the “purpose driven” aspect of any of these trims at this point? Someone help me understand how any of that matters now.

You can then select a base 2.3 or start making upgrades. There’s just literally nothing about the Badlands that makes it this super crawling Demi god and the Wildtrak some sort of amazingly different Baja jumping dune monster. There isn’t. It’s some shocks and a sta-bar. Big deal.

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Actually, something just occurred to me. I couldn't figure out where the $10k difference that was mentioned came from. Now I do. B&P shows the BL base at $50k, the WT at $60k.

This is an apples-and-oranges comparison. The base BL is manual, 2.3L, no Sas, etc. The WT is spec'd with all the top level stuff on the base. The WT really doesn't have any options outside of Lux and accessories.

Once you spec out a BL like a WT, it's basically the same price, trading more average shocks for a disconnect. This is probably Ford wanting the WT to look like the best, but the BL that matches is just as much.

Fonz54

Badlands
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Commander, Porsche Cayenne, Mercedes C250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Also, the ride is broken, but you're not going to know that so you stick in line... waiting... patiently.

---

Anyway, they may release an updated rack on Ford Performance at some point. The FDUs and many of the axles are already available on Ford Performance, so wouldn't be surprised if the steering rack appears on there at some point.

They may do the same with the hard top, but that ain't gonna happen until they can keep up with demand at the assembly line. Which... for whatever reason... they still can't seem to do despite being almost 2 years into production.
If they elease an updated rack on Ford Performance then I will spend my hard earned gelt on that upgrade for sure!

Sponsored

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sorry. Not following your logic here.
Yes- they will almost certainly change pricing but they’ve made such a huge mess out of this entire Bronco trim deal that I actually could just see them simplifying the entire thing to:

Ya get two bases to chose from:
1) Bronco
2) Bronco Raptor

You can option from there. What in the hell is the “purpose driven” aspect of any of these trims at this point? Someone help me understand how any of that matters now.
Well, that was kinda what they did at first. And y'know changing the subject to "all Broncos are lousy for what Ford claims they are" doesn't really deal with the argument that the WT isn't the top-of-the-line trim. Base, it is, although someone can spec out a BL that's really similar and pay just as much.

NightShade

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 F150, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

No one is suggesting to hobble the other trims, but when you have essentially leveled out differentiators and added effectively zero enhancement to the WT trim, what’s the point? Also there is no stay/sway bar option for the WT. it’s always been trim exclusive to the Badlands.

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No one is suggesting to hobble the other trims, but when you have essentially leveled out differentiators and added effectively zero enhancement to the WT trim, what’s the point? Also there is no stay/sway bar option for the WT. it’s always been trim exclusive to the Badlands.
Right, I know. If you want a BL that's nearly exactly like a WT, spec it out; it'll end up costing you just as much. If you want all that and don't care for a disconnect, boom, buy a WT; that's the way it comes, you want Lux? That's the point. You get it all when you buy a WT. When I look at WT, I know it's a nice ride.

The only benefit I can see here is that you can get a BL for much less, without features. Ok. But it has steering that fits the package? The horror! Not really, but that's the way it comes across.

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No one is suggesting to hobble the other trims
And specifically, I've stated several times I'd be happy to see the WT get a v8 or something spiffier. Then of course "OMG it's as much as a Raptor". I can hear it now... lol

LowerSlowerDelaware

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Chevy S10 Ram 3500
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So Ford Folks, the Bronco Base was dropped because it was so unpopular with the customers?

No, it was quite popular with our customers.

It was wildly unpopular with our Bean Counters and Financial Folks because it was too good a value and detrimental to our average Bronco MSRP and Profit Per Vehicle.

We killed the Base and Boom!!! $10k Bump

The Bosses, Bean Counters and Investors are Happy after the butthurt over our EV debacle

Sponsored

NJNMDoc

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
And specifically, I've stated several times I'd be happy to see the WT get a v8 or something spiffier. Then of course "OMG it's as much as a Raptor". I can hear it now... lol
Correct. So you would juuuuust- buy a Raptor.

brrke

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 NA8 Miata
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Does Matt Winter have a public social profile?

Would really want to know why I'm at 1144 days since original reservation and still no VIN or even being scheduled.

NJNMDoc

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Right, I know. If you want a BL that's nearly exactly like a WT, spec it out; it'll end up costing you just as much. If you want all that and don't care for a disconnect, boom, buy a WT; that's the way it comes, you want Lux? That's the point. You get it all when you buy a WT. When I look at WT, I know it's a nice ride.

The only benefit I can see here is that you can get a BL for much less, without features. Ok. But it has steering that fits the package? The horror! Not really, but that's the way it comes across.
I agree. And it’s not like the slight addition to travel provided by SDC is ever getting close to the potential of what the aftermarket holds. Especially after you read posts like the recent one about FMC denying warranty claims re SDC on a modded rig.

If you really want to dominate the rocks you’re highly likely yo mod your Bronco. So if the SDC is an issue that’s not a big selling point.

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Correct. So you would juuuuust- buy a Raptor.
Maybe!

Y'know, if Ford really wanted to fill out the ranks, they could push the Raptor into the $100k or more level, and backfill with a WT in the mid-70's/low 80's, with a better interior and engine. That could be interesting! I just don't know, outside of the mahjong of trim level speculation, that would do anything substantial; does the 2.7 really need to be faster?

I'd be happy to see something cool in a WT, though. I don't know they'd really undercut the Raptor, since it really is different. But if it was only a 3.0 or whatever offered in the WT, that would be an interesting choice.

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Actually, something just occurred to me. I couldn't figure out where the $10k difference that was mentioned came from. Now I do. B&P shows the BL base at $50k, the WT at $60k.

This is an apples-and-oranges comparison. The base BL is manual, 2.3L, no Sas, etc. The WT is spec'd with all the top level stuff on the base. The WT really doesn't have any options outside of Lux and accessories.

Once you spec out a BL like a WT, it's basically the same price, trading more average shocks for a disconnect. This is probably Ford wanting the WT to look like the best, but the BL that matches is just as much.
A MY24 4-door Wildtrak with a hardtop, is $10k more than the Heritage Edition, with a Hardtop and 2.7.
Sponsored