Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'll just go ahead and say it. Ford needs to replace design team responsible for interior color choices and lack of imagination when it comes to paint options. Overall Fords done a good job on the Bronco's redesign, but they really have fallen flat with the interior color and paint options.
I wouldn’t go that far- but I think they tried to hard . Except for the badlands black interior- they are all the same two tone design and ugly.
Sponsored

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
FYI some are asking. Here are my photos of navy pier OBX from the video. You need to watch the colors as the camera rotates so I just kept snapping photos as I let the video run. Should have screenshot on my phone but whatever

Light gray base surround, light gray bolster, bold blue base and back inserts, and a third color on the upper back, which seems to be a darker blue

8F86099E-BFFD-493F-BEAE-F77E6555B82E.jpeg

4E65E29F-3483-4A81-A194-D618C0B64086.jpeg

5978D449-EC32-4EF0-B802-03F7E0E56FD3.jpeg

0D19CB7E-938D-493F-B2C0-584DAFFB8BD3.jpeg

Last edited:

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

So, now that principle (VP, Executive VP, whatever) will circle the wagons and show up with Focus Group and design matrix charts, data, and analysis to defend their choices/selection. (Keep in mind the person in this position predates the CEO’s arrival.)
I'll just go ahead and say it. Ford needs to replace design team responsible for interior color choices and lack of imagination when it comes to paint options.
The designers have never thought about colors fitting with rest of vehicle or lived with a mostly top off vehicle in a warm weather state - that became very clear in what they chose for FE as only option. Just not enough real world experience to be able to make the decisions they made or were "forced" into.
And all those "Focus Group and design matrix charts, data, and analysis" were prepared by the designer group with an average age of 35.2, who went to art school to learn colors, zero real world experience except for modern art shows. The team may consist of Modern Art and Home Decorating "experts" that learned colors so the lead designer hired them to "understand" the latest trends in colors. None of this has to do with what the real end consumer wants, from age 20 to 70, regardless of locations, from hot and humid Florida to freezing cold Alaska.

I worked on one project, as Lead Engineer, our marketing group hired a designer company for the "look and feel" of our product. When we went to the meeting with the designer team they showed us all types artsy ideas and concepts, many of them based on things completely outside of our market. Fortunately, we were able to explain to the designers and marketing what was practical and achievable to design into our product and what was not. Many companies are not like that, the design by committee finishes and hands off their part of the product to the next group to implement what they are told to do.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

crozbee

Outer Banks
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Wildtrak res here too.... I just want a plain brown interior, no two-tone, no mismatched dash, just plain brown. Thank you
i would even be willing to pay their absurd leather option if it was brown with the beautiful cross stiching on the seats. :love:

But yes, monotone and please remove the ridiculous color accents that don't go with anything.

Sponsored

BroncRocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mariner
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
This is exciting. Thank you Lloyd for mentioning light grey! You da man
My thoughts are most of us loved the light gray and white, and were waiting for that interior color. Even though it appears they may only look at changing the FE, it would have been nice to see it in others as well

Last edited:

BroncoOBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ferdinand
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350, C5Z06, ViperSRT, MazdaCX9
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
i would even be willing to pay their absurd leather option if it was brown with the beautiful cross stiching on the seats. :love:

But yes, monotone and please remove the ridiculous color accents that don't go with anything.
Color accents are OK, as long as they match the rest of the car. Having several interior colors on door panels, accents and stitching may result in an optical nightmare !!
Please fix this issue !!

crozbee

Outer Banks
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
There are literally 12 bajillion boats out there with this exact color “marine-grade vinyl“ seating and Ford 1) can’t understand that there’s an actual, logical reason behind this, and 2) refuses to make this happen for Bronco.

Ford Bronco More Interior Options & Colors -- Ford CEO Farley is listening to Bronco6g members! Bronco Order Conversion % with 143 votes so far

this is a great interior option which is guess why it is not offered

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I hope you are right as I wanted a Wildtrak BUT I am def not getting it now with that crazy interior.

Let's say that Ford does make the marine grade vinyl slated for the Badlands available in the WT. BUT wait, they have already committed to buying that digital camo. What do they do with the digital camo? Also the marine grade vinyl has orange stitching so wouldn't they have to change it to blue stitching to match the interior color highlights.

And what about the dash? It is tan in the wildtrak. Would they have to change that also?

Too many things would have to change so it is NOT happening.
After seeing the Navy Pier on the FE, I'm switchng to the Wildtrak with Sandstone/black. For me the Sandstone/Black is gorgeous compared to the Navy Pier. I guess beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.

CTS-V

First Edition
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac CTS-V
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
FYI some are asking. Here are my photos of navy pier OBX from the video. You need to watch the colors as the camera rotates so I just kept snapping photos as I let the video run. Should have screenshot on my phone but whatever

Light gray base surround, light gray bolster, bold blue base and back inserts, and a third color on the upper back, which seems to be a darker blue

Ford Bronco More Interior Options & Colors -- Ford CEO Farley is listening to Bronco6g members! Bronco Order Conversion % with 143 votes so far

Hideous. I won’t accept that for my FE.

Sponsored

rlwoody

Wildtrak
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Suburban, Dodge Durango
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Do yourself a favor - Log into the ford site and cancel your reservation. I did it after the X-Plan B.S. I have no remorse for the cancellation. 55/60K for a Bronco with a black plastic top... Ford is launching a 35K vehicle at 55K and are crossing their fingers that we are dumb enough to signup while they get their act together.
The sad thing is this might lead to more reservations as people add a new one hoping they fix this debacle for MY 22.

IRISHdjt31

First Edition
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
On Twitter, I'm @DerekJT31 who tweeted/got the first response from Jim. Reading through this thread, a couple things should be said.

1. The B&P just launched a couple days before this Twitter exchange. I know we all feel like we've known the options longer than that because of this forum, but I did not know with certainty the FE would only have Navy Pier and no differentiators until Thursday evening.

2. For those saying "Ford will do what Ford will do" or the like, that's why in my brief, Twitter-limited character post I chose to mention that I and many others will undoubtedly cancel FE reservations without action. I was serious and know many others are too. Consumers will do what consumers do too. The FE may be a limited production run, but 7,000 vehicles at approximately $60,000 a pop is $420,000,000. That's real money for Ford.

3. We can't be sure if Ford and Jim Farley are listening in a way that will mean more options. But I can be sure this isn't a Twitter bot, so he is listening in that respect. I sent a different tweet to him because I know he's a Wisconsin guy (he's a cousin of Chris Farley), and he responded with "Go Pack". It's rare to have a CEO engaging with consumers in this way. One thing I do know is that apathy won't lead to any changes.

4. Let's keep sending tweets and explaining exactly what we want. There really still is time to get changes for things like interior/trim, stamping, and similar cosmetic changes. It's not like we're asking them to change the drive-train or wheelbase.

Let's stay after Ford and their leadership about exactly what we want and see where it leads! If they don't make further changes to the FE, then they will see the cancelations. I'm at least hopeful they are getting the message and we might see something between now and when we go to the dealership to actually build and price.

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I don’t quite understand what “J1” stands for in this tweet. Could someone interpret this for me please?

Ford Bronco More Interior Options & Colors -- Ford CEO Farley is listening to Bronco6g members! B341EB8F-5D10-4E41-9D98-3923E6F2096F

Fatdaddy

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Dude seriously! They want to produce orange Broncos with brown camo interiors with bright blue accents? Have they lost their f*^%king minds?
Why aren’t more people talking about this? This is a complete dumpster fire!
Go read the colors and materials video release thread lol... It’s being talked about.. I can’t help but laugh when I see the Outer Banks. That thing is f’d up.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
funny as I am considering outer banks and not following through with wildtrak. But the issue with badlands is that I can’t get sound deadening on the hardtop. But badlands is the only trim with a normal interior. So every other trim I am considering has some issue that I can’t swallow. If only they made available one solid color for all the trims and I would think everyone would be happy.

Look, we could ask for whatever changes we want. And ford may even be able to deliver on a couple of them, but at the end of the day I don’t think any of this will be in time for the initial launch due to the supply chain. It may be out of their control at this point.

I hope I am wrong. And you know what? I bet Ford is motiviated to fix this. I don’t know if they can for Job 1, but you could bet they WANT to fix it.

Why?

I personally switched from OBX to Badlands given the interior options. I can’t be the only guy that did that. How many less people are ordering OBX? How many less people are ordering FE? All of the surveys, statistics and reservations Ford has at the moment, if theres an unexpected major change in estimated take rates for particular models it’s going to throw everything off. I’d imagine if OBX take rates went down 25%+ and most converts went to Badlands, up 20%, that’s gotta throw a serious wrench in managing the roll out. Ford should be motivated to make changes to get the take rates back to what they were estimating, no?

And FYI half the reason I moved off OBX navy pier was because I knew for MY21, it would have a lower take rate. I don’t want to pick something unpopular if they are bulking up the orders. It could create delays for my early reservation.

@LEGEND

Hey bud, is there anything you could speak to regarding the interior operations at the factory and supply chain? For example if they kept the design of the seat unchanged, how difficult would it be to change some materials to different colors? Have they already locked in their contract from supplier x for y yardage of z material? Similarly if they wanted to carry over the black badlands interior to other trims what’s to say can they can get more of that colored material, and order less of navy pier material, for MY21? Etc

Just throwing out some examples. I know you can’t put in definitive answers. Simply trying to gauge how “locked in” ford is as this point. Even if they wanted to, could they accommodate any interior changes in time for Job #1, or does it break the supply chain?
Sponsored