Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That being said, I don't think this interior was one of those design inspirations. I'm guessing it involved marketing and finance pretty heavily...
It is telling with the two people from the team they had do the dog and pony video. One was the head of many LOBs (GT, Lincoln, Bronco) with, I assume, many responsibilities. Then the second person, per her LinkedIn, only with Ford for the last 15 months. Who was the day to day C&M champion through the entire design? Camera shy?

shieldsy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thereā€™s only 35 pages of replies so I thought Iā€™d pile it on also.
I donā€™t view it as is ā€˜piling onā€™. I view it as us expressing our viewpoint at a time that Ford is listening more than they ever have before. Albeit not always listening clearly or able to satisfy everyone. I urge as many different voices to express what they think about this topic. Numbers matter.

This is an incredible community of people in many walks of life with vast experience that could absolutely be an asset to Ford. Ford should be investing in this forum and mining this data. I promise you the info here is more actionable than looking at the build data from B&P.

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm going to probably end up getting either a BD or BL for the MGV interior. Changing the stitching color is probably too much to ask, but making the grab handles, vent tabs and door pocket colors match the paint shouldn't be too hard to make happen.
If I get the BD (Area 51) at least the plastics are blue. But on a BL I will have Area 51 showing on the door and Cyber Orange bits all over the place.
I thought about trying to match up with other owners to trade for the correct colors for your paint. But I think the grab handles have the dash on the top, and since all the dashes are different, this won't work. Unless just the handle part is swappable.
BD and BL have the same dash top thank God. So the interiors are completely swappable.

Thatā€™s what Iā€™m doing with a BD owner. I want the blue accents and he wants orange

Sponsored

Heffe66413

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

How about the CEO produce that ROAST interior they teased us with to get our reservations. The one that was a rich, stain Rubbed leather. Instead of the fake Looking chocolate brown crap they switched it to. And its patchwork brown... brown bolsters, black back, black seat and a bronze dash with bright blue stitching ?Lol
Well said!

Heffe66413

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If I were in Ford shoes- Iā€™d be thinking one of two things- one the number of people complaining on the g6 and Ford nation websites is a minuscule number of our total reservations and therefore wonā€™t have much impact on total sales OR there are literally 10s of thousands of potential buyers that are not on the forums who have the same thought. Big company- big gamble if you get it wrong!

senatorPOPS

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 - 1990 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Iā€™m starting to wonder how easy it is to replace certain parts in the car. If you swap the mid panel, the vent knobs, and the grab handles from a Badlands with the roast interior of the Outer Banks, you get very close to the pre-production concept. I did a quick photoshop to see how close we actual get. I also darkened some of the silver accents like steering wheel, door handle, and volume controls.
Ford Bronco More Interior Options & Colors -- Ford CEO Farley is listening to Bronco6g members! 9FC0DD6B-1584-4780-9E94-6E43160D9AF4

I mean how hard would it be for Ford to just do this?! Itā€™s not even new products for the supply chain. Theyā€™d obviously have to correct the blue stitching on the seats as well, but again, easy fix for Ford.

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
The CEO said he will relay our "thoughts" to the Bronco team in charge of interior options. This is AMAZING news and hopefully something comes of it.

And BTW, I am CryptoLLoyd :)

Twitter:

Ford Bronco More Interior Options & Colors -- Ford CEO Farley is listening to Bronco6g members! 9FC0DD6B-1584-4780-9E94-6E43160D9AF4

1603591465172-png.54424
Need Black Diamond interior option on Badlands! Black only??? WTF?

BroncoOBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ferdinand
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350, C5Z06, ViperSRT, MazdaCX9
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
BD and BL have the same dash top thank God. So the interiors are completely swappable.

Thatā€™s what Iā€™m doing with a BD owner. I want the blue accents and he wants orange
I am in for a swap. If nothing changes, I am going to order a 2 door, CO BD. I live in Florida.

Sponsored

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
36 pages ......I'm tired . I may just have to go Walt Longmire on my new Bronco and get some old school Saddle Blanket seat covers like I had on my '90 model ,LOL .

Ford Bronco More Interior Options & Colors -- Ford CEO Farley is listening to Bronco6g members! Screenshot (92)

Joe Dirt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tundra 2001
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

jeesh, gonna have to invest in some good tint. Black onyx is only interior color option, really? Vinyl black summertime southeast? Really? Black vinyl, thats it?

fly-cobra32

Wildtrak
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Acura
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Someone give me the abbreviated version of this. I want to do a story on this. What colors do you want for the interior? And what colors don't you want? It's good to see Farley weighing.
On a widtrak no Cameo sandstone. Want all black/charcoal, silver stitching and silver/carbon display panel

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

PLEASE READ THIS POST - Even though this thread is getting long

We have 37 pages of valid concerns on the interior design choices Ford has made, sure Jim Farley, @jimfarley98, responded on Twitter, but a few members asking for their specific wish list items does not serve the entire Bronco6g community. The only way we can do this is to get several concise lists of interior concerns and then present that list to Jim Farley for consideration. We do have a @jfarley98 member registered here that posted once and claimed to be Jim Farley, we hope that was actually him and not just not someone making a bogus account. If it is the real Jim Farley, once we have a concise list, we could ask him to respond to it here.

For example, several members say they need a Black interior on certain models. I planned to purchase the Badlands but will now wait to see what they do with the interior, I live in hot & humid Texas, black vinyl or leather (the only choice on Badlands) and black tops don't work here, unless you love sweating, at least with black cloth you stand a chance, but cloth is not available on the Badlands. Besides the heat & humidity issue, I personally don't like the look of black interiors, where are the lighter colors, tan and gray, for hot and humid states?

So you can see we all have our own preferences and what we really need is more of a collective community list, one that summarizes all concerns. Who has been following the ins and outs of this thread, model by model, that could start such a list? If there are several of you who know the issues, you could start by posting a summary, It needs to be concise and business like, following some reasonable order, such as:

Trim: Badlands
Area: Interior​
Issue: Color​
Recommendations: We need lighter colors, including cloth, such as Tan or Gray, for those that live in hot states or drive with the top off.​

Trim: All
Area: Seats​
Issue: Sweaty Seats in Hot & Humid States​
Recommendations: Seats need Optional Perforation Holes and Cooling Fans​
Sponsored

Last edited: