Sponsored

fallguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Defender, 2022 Outerbanks SAS, 1968 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Mine would not go up high enough to drive safely. When going down a hill, I could not see far enough ahead of me. Contacted Morimoto, got a RMA slip and sent mine back. Received the new set in a week or so, they adjusted to height perfectly but the right one has a dead spot on it, that turned into two dead spots. Contacted them again, and again I had great communication with them. They were understanding, and have sent me another one out. Currently waiting on it.

I have a video and driving pics that really illustrate how low they were, especially the right one. But like I said, new version is perfect in that regard. Just have a dead spot.

Still very happy with them, things happen and they are taking care of it. Originally bought from 4x4led and I received them in 2 days. And Morimoto's communication with me has been excellent. I've bought some Morimoto pods from 4x4led and will continue to use both companies.

20230521_042431.jpg

20230519_042925.jpg

20230519_043315.jpg

20230612_154123.jpg

Bosshog_tundra

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I was excited to receive and install these lights over the weekend but appear to have a similar issue with my driver side unit. Initially all looked OK other than an area remaining red on some colour settings similar to reported above and the amber mode / turn signal seems fine. After the initial drive, most of the ring no longer lights up.
Ford Bronco MORIMOTO XRGB HEADLIGHTS | Photos/Video of these new headlights 20230612_154123

At first, changing the colours in the app helped briefly but now reverts to the bar and fraction of the ring only.
Ford Bronco MORIMOTO XRGB HEADLIGHTS | Photos/Video of these new headlights 20230612_154123

I reaching out to the vendor I purchased from as a first step but curious if there are any troubleshooting steps that others received prior to the replacement route?

Disappointing since I am very happy with the ease of install and the light output compared to OEM lights.

Yea I received my 3rd replacement drivers side headlight and good for a couple days and dead spot again it doesn’t show on green or orange which I normally run so going to wait a few months to see if the get there issues fixed before getting a 4th replacement

Aztec1382

Base
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Base
Man that must be frustrating

OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Just a reminder that Morimoto Lights go on sale Friday, June 30th here at 4x4TruckLEDs.com

morimoto-xb-10-off.jpg

10% OFF Morimoto XB Headlights, Tail Lights, Fog Lights, Brake Lights & XBG Grilles

(Morimoto Sale starts Friday, June 30th)

All Morimoto XB Headlights, Tail Lights, Fog Lights, 3rd Brake Lights & XBG Grilles are 10% This is the perfect time to completely upgrade your stock lighting on your truck with some of the best lights on the market! Don't forget you can earn up to $700 cash back on XB Headlights as well!

morimoto-700-cash-back.jpg

RECEIVE Up To $700 Cash Back

Don't waste space storing those ugly old stock headlights under your work bench or go through the aggravation of selling them to some nitpicker on eBay. With the Paid to Trade program, you can quickly sell your stock lights hassle-free. Collect the cash, keep the garage clutter free, and avoid adding to the landfill! You can receive up to $700 on your stock headlights from Morimoto! Simply buy a pair of XB Headlights from us and then follow the instructions on the PAID TO TRADE page. You can receive up to $700 cash back by trading in those stock headlights from Morimoto.

Sponsored

ChrisB351

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Bronco, 2005 ZX6r, 1993 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I gotta say I love mine! They lined up almost perfect right out the box. It probably wouldnt hurt to bring them down. I get flashed every now and then.

StoicAF

Outer Banks
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

i
Yea I received my 3rd replacement drivers side headlight and good for a couple days and dead spot again it doesn’t show on green or orange which I normally run so going to wait a few months to see if the get there issues fixed before getting a 4th replacement
i feel your pain. 3 replacement lights later I am finally able to adjust the light high enough to see at night.

Bronco56

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Carbonized Grey Badlands Lux 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just a reminder that Morimoto Lights go on sale Friday, June 30th here at 4x4TruckLEDs.com

Ford Bronco MORIMOTO XRGB HEADLIGHTS | Photos/Video of these new headlights morimoto-700-cash-back

10% OFF Morimoto XB Headlights, Tail Lights, Fog Lights, Brake Lights & XBG Grilles

(Morimoto Sale starts Friday, June 30th)

All Morimoto XB Headlights, Tail Lights, Fog Lights, 3rd Brake Lights & XBG Grilles are 10% This is the perfect time to completely upgrade your stock lighting on your truck with some of the best lights on the market! Don't forget you can earn up to $700 cash back on XB Headlights as well!

Ford Bronco MORIMOTO XRGB HEADLIGHTS | Photos/Video of these new headlights morimoto-700-cash-back

RECEIVE Up To $700 Cash Back

Don't waste space storing those ugly old stock headlights under your work bench or go through the aggravation of selling them to some nitpicker on eBay. With the Paid to Trade program, you can quickly sell your stock lights hassle-free. Collect the cash, keep the garage clutter free, and avoid adding to the landfill! You can receive up to $700 on your stock headlights from Morimoto! Simply buy a pair of XB Headlights from us and then follow the instructions on the PAID TO TRADE page. You can receive up to $700 cash back by trading in those stock headlights from Morimoto.

any issue with XB lights not being high enough like XRGB?

OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

any issue with XB lights not being high enough like XRGB?
They are made in different facilities from what I understand so the XB are more adjustable then the XRGB

KillerPenz

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Mine would not go up high enough to drive safely. When going down a hill, I could not see far enough ahead of me. Contacted Morimoto, got a RMA slip and sent mine back. Received the new set in a week or so, they adjusted to height perfectly but the right one has a dead spot on it, that turned into two dead spots. Contacted them again, and again I had great communication with them. They were understanding, and have sent me another one out. Currently waiting on it.

I have a video and driving pics that really illustrate how low they were, especially the right one. But like I said, new version is perfect in that regard. Just have a dead spot.

Still very happy with them, things happen and they are taking care of it. Originally bought from 4x4led and I received them in 2 days. And Morimoto's communication with me has been excellent. I've bought some Morimoto pods from 4x4led and will continue to use both companies.

I'm back in the group of bad led's. Got a replacement driver's side light due to color spots, installed, only used white or amber for my colors. 3 days later, have a red spot in the ring.

I admit, I love the headlights. Still have passenger side that points low, have gone through (2) replacement driver's side so far, will have to go for a 3rd. What's annoying me is the fact that Morimoto wants to charge my card for every replacement. Card charged, takes a week to arrive, put in next day, send back old headlight and 2-3 weeks later get the charge removed. I mean seriously, at this point I've proven that I send it back, there is no need to lock up a credit card for 3-4 weeks when it's their lights that keep going bad. Everyone on this site said Morimoto is a good company, yet we constantly see posts of these bum lights. 🤷‍♂️

Sponsored

Spender

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Edge
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

What's annoying me is the fact that Morimoto wants to charge my card for every replacement.
Since I share the pain of experiencing both the bad LED and height adjustment issue, perhaps my Canadian perspective will help ease the pain just a little. Since they only can only process warranty returns out of the US (and not their Candian distributor) AND their 'policy' is to require payment until the RMA is returned / payment made, the replacements are shipped with commercial invoices at full price. This has resulted in a customs and duty charge to me for each of the 2 replacements at around $120 CAD each.

I still love these lights and may still recommend to anyone south of the border that has the appetite and ability to carry the short term costs you outlined. Until Morimoto empowers their non-US distributors to fulfill warranty claims in country (to avoid full price customs and duty charges), I would be reluctant to recommend to a fellow Canadian.

A couple of additional PSA comments based on my exchanges with their support team:

1. Although there was a design change to the height adjustor issue, they cannot confirm the replacement will include the update. If the replacement does not include the spacer(s) then it's part of the updated batch. I learned this the hard way on my second replacement that had the same issue.

2. Being polite but factual and persistent could lead to exceptions to some of their default 'policies' noted in this thread.

1688150583765.png

Last edited:

Bronco56

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Carbonized Grey Badlands Lux 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just installed the XB’s on my badlands and my daughter has the XRGB’s on her base.
the adjustment setup on the Xb was easy to modify after the light was fully installed. There is also no spacer/bumper offered with the xb lile there is with xrgb. I don’t think the XB has the issue with being too low based on my experiences

soldier989

Base
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Base MT / 2021 MX-5 GT / 1966 Ford F10
Your Bronco Model
Base
Curious - Has anyone that swapped from base headlights checked to see if any DTCs are thrown? I read that swapping to signature headlights throw DTCs (no CEL).

ChrisB351

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Bronco, 2005 ZX6r, 1993 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Curious - Has anyone that swapped from base headlights checked to see if any DTCs are thrown? I read that swapping to signature headlights throw DTCs (no CEL).
No problems here. Everything was plug n play.

soldier989

Base
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Base MT / 2021 MX-5 GT / 1966 Ford F10
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thanks. Just something that crossed my mind since DTCs are hidden, but can be seen with Forscan
Sponsored