Sponsored

Most recent power up causing issues with maps on Apple CarPlay?

TigerBronco

First Edition
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F-150 F/X 4, 2019 Honda Odyssey, 2001 Nissan Pathfinder, 1992 BMY M923A2 M
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Anyone experiencing problems with Apple CarPlay after a recent power up? Since getting power up notifications on the 21st and 22nd of February, I'm not getting both Google Maps and Apple Maps just refusing to update as the vehicle moves. The symbol for the vehicle location just sits there and the maps don't adjust as the vehicle moves. This is the case with both Google Maps and Apple Maps. I've powered the vehicle down and then back up but doesn't clear the issue. Have tried disconnecting the battery, yet.

No issues with @Ford Motor Company navigation which still operates perfectly normally.

Anybody else experience this? Any thoughts on this @Ford Motor Company?
Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Anyone experiencing problems with Apple CarPlay after a recent power up? Since getting power up notifications on the 21st and 22nd of February, I'm not getting both Google Maps and Apple Maps just refusing to update as the vehicle moves. The symbol for the vehicle location just sits there and the maps don't adjust as the vehicle moves. This is the case with both Google Maps and Apple Maps. I've powered the vehicle down and then back up but doesn't clear the issue. Have tried disconnecting the battery, yet.

No issues with @Ford Motor Company navigation which still operates perfectly normally.

Hi there. This carplay concern doesn’t sound like something we want you to experience with your Bronco. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'd be happy to look into how I can assist you on my end.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Restart your phone. CarPlay is just mirroring the apps on your phone, that are doing the actual processing.

Designkid

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Remove your phone from sync and your bronco from your iphone. Then re-add your phone. Fixes 99% of my issues with carplay

OP
OP
TigerBronco

TigerBronco

First Edition
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Restart your phone. CarPlay is just mirroring the apps on your phone, that are doing the actual processing.
The apps work perfectly fine on the phone. Just glitchy on the Bronco and I have restarted.

Next try will be to completely remove the phone from my Bronco and add it back as suggested by another. We shall see how that goes.

Sponsored

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

The apps work perfectly fine on the phone. Just glitchy on the Bronco and I have restarted.

Next try will be to completely remove the phone from my Bronco and add it back as suggested by another. We shall see how that goes.
Reboot the head unit. Hold play and skip forward buttons until it reboots.

OP
OP
TigerBronco

TigerBronco

First Edition
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Reboot the head unit. Hold play and skip forward buttons until it reboots.
Thanks, I’ll give that a shot when I have a chance

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I got a complete system update (first one that required me to shut the vehicle down and not use it) when I brought it to the dealership to get the driver door net replaced a few weeks back. Not sure of the version # (can look later) but I have zero issues using Waze (my default nav app on my iPhone 14) with it.

T Copp

Raptor
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Mercedes GLB
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Mine was completely messing with my wireless signal. I did a factory reset on SYNC and it has worked fine (as much as SYNC does) since.

mikec426

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 4dr Sqtch, 20 Triumph Tiger Rally, '04 Yam FZ1
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

CarPlay just seems to be quirky… I’ve had it not connect when I start the vehicle, disconnect suddenly after driving for a couple hours… yesterday the map moved, but the directions didn’t change. Stayed at 182 miles to go for about 30 minutes. I restarted the app on my phone and it worked fine the rest of the day.

Sponsored

BulldogBuck

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My Google Maps on Android Auto has been complete ass ever since the Android Auto Coolwalk/Ford Power Up updates (Spotify works fine by the way). It loses signal randomly (Searching for GPS) and sometimes will correct itself and other times will stay off for the whole trip. Although some days it works completely fine. Today the Maps portion of the screen went black and stayed off for 15 minutes. Once again the Spotify portion of the split screen was working fine. Last week I completely removed my phone from the Bronco and reinstalled and I also deleted Android Auto from my phone and reinstalled that too. Hasn't helped 1 bit.

Ltjb8

Wildtrak
First Name
Jill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I deleted my phone and reinstalled it and it still wouldn't connect. After nothing worked I pulled the SYNC fuse and put it back in. As soon as I started the Bronco back up my phone immediately connected.

Now if I could only figure out a way to make it stop instantaneously switching from Sirius to bluetooth/my phone music every time anyone touches my phone that would be great.

Kjbeggs

Outer Banks
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hi there. This carplay concern doesn’t sound like something we want you to experience with your Bronco. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'd be happy to look into how I can assist you on my end.
The issue I have with Apple Maps, since the last update, is that every time I get an audible "direction" from Apple Maps, it changes my audio source from what I'm listening to (FM radio, for example) to Bluetooth audio...
I switch it back to FM, and it switches again on the next notification.
After I do this 5-6 times, it will stay on FM.
iPhone is up to date, and has been rebooted, removed and re-added to Sync, no change in behavior
Sponsored