Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford F-150, 2022 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I think they could've called it like an Escape Tremor or something along those lines and it'd better describe that its based off the Escape but aimed at offroad!

Andrew_EOD

Wildtrak
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So you're saying that you think the Mach E is a vehicle that's great enough to own, but not because it has that name? De-badge it if it bothers you that much. But I wouldn't let a name truly stop me from owning a car I really wanted. And it was a stroke of genius that Ford not only made the Mach E far more interesting to look at and drive than what it was going to be, but that they've tapped into a name that resonates well with a ton of people who are no longer interested in climbing out of a low-to-the-road sports car. If I was in that marketing meeting, I would have voiced objection to the idea, but I'd have been wrong.
We'll have to agree to disagree on this one. All they had to do was just give it two doors, and I'd let it go. Just Mach E, like everyone calls it as it is, would have been a fine name.

Sponsored

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
ā€œMopar Trendā€ is a waste of valuable reading time.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We'll have to agree to disagree on this one. All they had to do was just give it two doors, and I'd let it go. Just Mach E, like everyone calls it as it is, would have been a fine name.
They should have either made it look like a Mustang (2 doors and not a Weight Watchers candidate) or just called it a Ford something (Mach-E works just fine).

Heck, I'd have probably got one.

I wonder if there was this much consternation when they gave the Thunderbird four doors... maybe it was a good thing the internet wasn't around then.

Sponsored

AD-CLE

First Edition
First Name
AD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

"Have you seen a Bronco?"

Unfortunately most have not!
Even the ones who have saw it standing in a parking lot or in a video.
Coming up on 11 months since launch would be nice to be able to see my First Edition

R11

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.basequatch.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base Sasquatch 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Unfortunately most have not!
Even the ones who have saw it standing in a parking lot or in a video.
Coming up on 11 months since launch would be nice to be able to see my First Edition
If you look at a pic of each and youā€™re confused I donā€™t know how to help you man. šŸ˜‰

AD-CLE

First Edition
First Name
AD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I hate they used Sport for the "baby" bronco name, and also that "sport" has cheapened nearly every vehicle since the 80's. I feel Ford is completely disconnected from what a Bronco Sport was, it used to be the premium package for the Bronco. My '72 Bronco was a Bronco Sport, Sport was the "fancy" trim package that featured chrome trim on the gauge cluster and knobs, and chrome trim in the headliner, also that it came with a headliner at all. There were also some suspension upgrades too like the dual front shocks. I think Bronco II would've aligned better with the heritage of the Bronco, but what do I know...
For the minority of folks that are into Bronco History, Yes that would have made sense.

Almost everyone I know has told me they "Saw a Bronco the other day, why isnt yours here yet?" which is the point of this thread.

So just imagine the chaos if Bronco II came out before Bronco. It would be akin to explaining why Star Wars EP IV-V-VI came out before I-II-III to a millennial.

AD-CLE

First Edition
First Name
AD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

If you look at a pic of each and youā€™re confused I donā€™t know how to help you man. šŸ˜‰
I am tempted to start carrying a pic of the sport and 4 Door around for show and tell.
for now I settled with, did you read the word Bronco on the back of the car, if so then its a Sport.

Soon will graduate to "Could you see the spare tire on the back?"
Sponsored