First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Is calling the full size Bronco, a Bronco, Ford’s biggest mistake in relation to this launch? The Bronco Sport came first and is much closer in size to the other gens.

Every full size owner calls theirs a Bronco. I mean come on, it's the size of a bus, and it is just a love child between the F-150 and Ranger Raptor.

The Bronco Sport has had zero issues with the roof, gets way better gas milage, and let's be honest; it's just way more practical to own and use for everyday life.

I mean, drop the name already. Call it anything else! They could have just made the 4 door and it could have easily replaced the Explorer, no one drives a 2 door anyway.

Quit being jackasses to sport owners, this isn't a bmw forum.
Don’t worry, I got the sarcasm, and I totally agree…

OmahaKevin

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT, 2012 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Is calling the full size Bronco, a Bronco, Ford’s biggest mistake in relation to this launch? The Bronco Sport came first and is much closer in size to the other gens.

Every full size owner calls theirs a Bronco. I mean come on, it's the size of a bus, and it is just a love child between the F-150 and Ranger Raptor.

The Bronco Sport has had zero issues with the roof, gets way better gas milage, and let's be honest; it's just way more practical to own and use for everyday life.

I mean, drop the name already. Call it anything else! They could have just made the 4 door and it could have easily replaced the Explorer, no one drives a 2 door anyway.

The BSport is tiny. The size of an Escape. Not as large as an Edge, let alone an Explorer.

The Bronco 6g is the size of the Edge. Way smaller than most prior Bronco generations and closer to the gen 1 it is modeled after.

C00TER

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sport, do you need a tissue?

Sponsored

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Posting while drinking. Never a good idea.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I guess I know what Maverick owners are discussing on mavericktruckclub.com🤔
Now if this one would have been the Sport then I think all would have been happy! (Except it's really a Nissan Patrol)

2111289584_15c5672732_b.jpg

haaz

Outer Banks
First Name
j
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My fam calls it "a B'ort"

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
^ this ^

All these posts about "the Sport is not a Bronco" and "the 4-door is not a REAL Bronco".

If Ford would have re-introduced our vehicle with a new name, how many would have passed? Is this group that sensitive about the Bronco nameplate?
I only wish that they called it the "Ranchero" or "Edsel"... LOL

Sponsored

nhmountainman

Badlands
First Name
Kman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Chevy 2500 Duramax 2018 BMW 340 2016 Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Overheard from an inside source… All 2024 models will be named “Mustang”.

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yeah the whole "Bronco" brand marketing pipe dream made no sense. I took heat for it on this and other forums, but sales are already dwindling and the hen is coming home to roost. It was a dumb gimmick. The shame is, the Sport is a good little CUV. It's surprisingly capable and pretty well executed. Ford should have called it something else, it's really a evolution of the Escape, but with the last gen Escape going from boxy to soccer mom, it really wouldn't fit either. It was the perfect evolution of the original Escape. The whole B R O N C O in your face grille is just sooooo cheesy to me. And sadly, a lot of early sport buyers thought they had in fact bought THE new Bronco. At least with Jeep you have models with different names. So yes, having a "Jeep" doesn't mean you have a Wrangler, but at least they didn't water down the Wrangler by calling the Patriot the Wrangler Sport. Or the Gladiator the Wrangler TK or something dumb, which is probably where Ford was heading with the Bronco based pick up. It's like the whole ST-Line appearance package they have created. Water down the actual ST package..... Might as well go Tremor-Line, Raptor-Line etc... Think of the sales Jim.....Think of the sales. Trick the customer and devalue more products....
The Escape (and the Corsair) are still selling very well. In 2021, I bought a Bronco and leased an Escape AWD. Love both vehicles. The Escape is more comfortable than the Bronco Sport on regular roads and if you get AWD, it is good enough for the snow and light off-road driving. It was a big reason we chose it over the Bronco Sport. The Bronco Sport does NOT replace the Escape. They are different segments.

Phil_R

Outer Banks
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT Tremor 2022 Explorer XLT 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My wife drives a Bronco Sport Badlands. My daughter drives a full size Bronco Big Bend. We are proud of both vehicles and happy with what Ford named them. And really just laugh when others call them Jeeps :ROFLMAO:. Hope my wife's BS Badlands doesn't upset any full sized Bronco owners here! The full sized Outer Banks Bronco we ordered Ford could never deliver, so we bought the Sport and we love it!

bcool2525

Badlands
First Name
Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT500, 1987 F250, 1969 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Now if this one would have been the Sport then I think all would have been happy! (Except it's really a Nissan Patrol)

Ford Bronco Bronco Sport Confusion… 2111289584_15c5672732_b
I can't get over how they parked that for the photo, who parks like that in their driveway???
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.