RELEGATION BATTLE

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco (2-dr.)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
…Is calling the Sport a Bronco Ford’s biggest mistake in relation to this launch?

Every Sport owner calls their vehicle a Bronco. It reminds me of when i had a Wrangler, and somebody I’d meet would say, “Oh! I have a Jeep, too!” Then she’d show me her Liberty.

I mean, drop the name already. Call it anything else!
Sponsored

BostonSasquatch

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Lux Badlands with hardtop and Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Escape is a good car. A soccer-mom SUV variant on it doesn't offend me, but..."Bronco?"
Yeah, Relegation, you've got a point. But then, we're snobs. Elitists. Cultists. Purists...

BaseManSquatch

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base

Monstertorch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford, Chevy, Honda, Ducati
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Someone : “what the hell are you driving?”
Me: “This is the new Bronco”
Someone: “I thought those little suv things were the new Broncos”
Me: “Nope! 🤣

happens all the time to me, but we live in a beach touristy town, so we see lots of Bronco Sports, very few Broncos… Honestly it doesn’t bother me 😁

Sponsored
OP
OP
RELEGATION BATTLE

RELEGATION BATTLE

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco (2-dr.)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I never thought of myself as an elitist Bronco owner—first off, these aren’t even all that expensive compared to actual “elite” vehicles. They’re quite pedestrian, truthfully, but quite fun. Secondly, I think the sport is actually nice, just don’t call it a Bronco.

…And that’s what leads to the confusion: I’ve met NUMEROUS people who think the sport IS THE Bronco. I know Ford wants to build the Bronco brand, even so much as devoting significant square footage to Bronco-only marketing at top dealerships, but I’m afraid it’s gone slightly awry.

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I never thought of myself as an elitist Bronco owner—first off, these aren’t even all that expensive compared to actual “elite” vehicles. They’re quite pedestrian, truthfully, but quite fun. Secondly, I think the sport is actually nice, just don’t call it a Bronco.

…And that’s what leads to the confusion: I’ve met NUMEROUS people who think the sport IS THE Bronco. I know Ford wants to build the Bronco brand, even so much as devoting significant square footage to Bronco-only marketing at top dealerships, but I’m afraid it’s gone slightly awry.
I’m with you on the naming.
Hey @Ford Motor Company i know you like the letter “E” for SUV’s. What’s popular today is something called an Overlanding rig. How about you change the name of the Bronco Sport to……..

EVERLANDER

(copyright @Bikeric 02-25-2023). I will sell the copyright of EVERLANDER to Ford for a 2023 Bronco Raptor, with less than 50 miles, and a Full Lifetime Warranty.

Last edited:

cracKen

Badlands
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco Badlands 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I agree. Imagine if Toyota named the the Rav4 the 4Runner Sport. See the issue? Just more confusing for everyone when we are casually trying to explain to people. I think it’s terrible marketing.

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Wow! It's been DAYS since we had a thread like this! Just this morning, I was thinking, "Geez, I sure wish someone would bring THIS shit up again..." Wish granted.

SMGDFH...

LOSTXGOLD

Base
First Name
TEO
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lostgoldx.wixsite.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 RAV4, past: 2013 BMW 328i, 370Z, XJ
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yeah, I understand your frustration.

My mechanic knows that I have been waiting years for my Bronco…

The other day he calls me to tell me that one of his customers just got one, and they have 25 on the lot.

🥹

I went to the website…. And there were 25 Bronco…

sports.

Ford Bronco Bronco Sport Confusion… 6798F808-75AE-4AA8-90D4-533EECE06F33

Sponsored

MrOzMan

Wildtrak
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Toyota kinda does do that in some markets. In Australia, they have the Land Cruiser 300, Land Cruiser Prado, and Land Cruiser 70 Series.

I agree. Imagine if Toyota named the the Rav4 the 4Runner Sport. See the issue? Just more confusing for everyone when we are casually trying to explain to people. I think it’s terrible marketing.

Blaven

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I laugh everytime I see them and I call them spurts. On the other hand they just did what Jeep does and throw the name on it. It should've never been called a Bronco. It's basically an explorer.

Status
Not open for further replies.