First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Lol, OP takes multiple shots at Bronco owners and then proceeds to call for civility.

Obvious troll is obvious.
Beat me too it. For the sake of all thats good in the world can we agree to give any more threads about this topic zero responses. (I should run off create a burner account and start a thread about solid front axle vs IFS). I sooooo missed the opportunity to troll those discussions with arguments extolling the virtues of the Ford Independent I Beam, you know just to watch heads explode.

EruptionEnvy602

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hitching that vehicle to the Bronco family has been a success. Just embrace it. My coworker with a Bronco Sport is a helluva lit closer to having a Bronco than I am for now.

EruptionEnvy602

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I think the sport model only bothers the people moving up from a similar vehicle. I call my Ford Bronco a Ranger all the time because that is what it is.
This. I'm so frustrated with this process I almost went and bought a jungle splash ranger just to get it in eruption green.

Sponsored

eljefe512

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Chevy Silverado 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A couple of weeks ago a guy told me, "I really like your Bronco, but I didn't want to wait so I got the sport."

We are not the same.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lol,thought it was just me noticing this. Posting pics of their porsche and lambos next to their broncos in their garage. Definitely an elitist vehicle for some reason.
The rich (new money at least) always want trendy and something that feels "rare". New money people have always acted this way. The true rich (generational) often like to go unnoticed by those other than their social standing.

The other thing about new money, trend followers, is that the Bronco "looks" rugged, but is different from a Wrangler, thus the guys posting pics and uploading to social media all the time from parking lots..... :rolleyes:

With Bronco off to such a start, it may not ever become normal, just as the Wrangler is different things to different types of people, but the scarcity will subside, then the new money, trendy crowd will move on to the next new thing.

You've seen this many times before over the course of your life and this won't be the last time that you do either.

Sponsored

Dral97

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Wrangler YJ and 392, BMW 4 series
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I bought mine, neighbor across the street came over and checked it out. Two weeks later came home with a Bronco Sport and told me "didn't mean to copy you but I test drove it after the wife wanted a new car, and what do they say? 'Imitation is the biggest form of flattery'"

I said "wow, you must really dislike me then" and the joke went right over his head.

Two weeks later his wife sent me a FB message asking what trim we got and if she could get a removable roof for hers and all kinds of other questions abou tires and wheels, that were the equivalent of a convo asking how to turn a mini cooper into a Wrangler like three years ago.
This makes me sad. lol.

Even worse if the dealer knew damn well what they really wanted but offloaded a Bsport on them.

LarryBirdsFace

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This makes me sad. lol.

Even worse if the dealer knew damn well what they really wanted but offloaded a Bsport on them.
Yeah, I eventually shifted the convo to "Did you think you were getting what I have?" and she said no, she just assumed it was a different trim. She said she never felt duped by the dealer. I think they went looking at cars in general and test drove a Sport, and thought "this is nice, sort of like the neighbor's!" without really knowing the difference and unless they asked the dealer really had no way of knowing.

In the end, they love their Sport and I love my Bronco so it doesn't matter much, but there definitely seems to be inherent confusion built into the naming.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.