First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1200XL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well, it's my trout pole, but it's got a padded butt area with all my lures and line. Certainly not more than 5lbs. I run a 1" strip down the length of the back. You can get a 2"wide roll/strip that you will likely curse at when you try to undo. I've used that to mount small computers etc. to walls, etc.
I'll take a look. 👍
And good tip about the 2" wide strip...
Sponsored

OP
OP
Harumph

Harumph

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1200XL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Elastics to hold the quickfists may work too. I bought some, bit haven’t tried it.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/element-fire-extinguisher.40698/page-3#post-1328301
This looks promising. Trekking poles don't weigh much. Do you know where I can find these elastics?

It looks like these elastics have a way to tighten the band to fit. I would want the quick fist to be snug against the roll bar so the poles are not swinging. @JBrew there's probably a joke in there for you. :p
Ford Bronco Mount needed for Trekking Poles qfelastic

JBrew

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mazda 3, 2021 Area 51 Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This looks promising. Trekking poles don't weigh much. Do you know where I can find these elastics?

It looks like these elastics have a way to tighten the band to fit. I would want the quick fist to be snug against the roll bar so the poles are not swinging. @JBrew there's probably a joke in there for you. :p
Ford Bronco Mount needed for Trekking Poles qfelastic
Poles? Swinging? Fist? Nothing's coming to mind. At least nothing that I can repeat here.

andrusoid

Base
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Outback, '79 2G, '89 3G, '92 5G White!
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'll take a look. 👍
And good tip about the 2" wide strip...
You can also buy pre made loops, all sorts options. Sew on to the bag, etc. I just cavemanned the adhesive to my pole bag. Not sure how long that's going to last. I had envisioned loops and then did that. I will say that a big roll of velcro goes a long ways. Have to figure out what to do with all the "loop" side leftovers.

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

would something like these work? Once set in place double sided taped to the cross bar so they don’t fall every time you unhook them.

Ford Bronco Mount needed for Trekking Poles 2B9A4B6E-0F5F-4D1B-AD9F-A692946CB83A

Sponsored
OP
OP
Harumph

Harumph

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1200XL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
would something like these work? Once set in place double sided taped to the cross bar so they don’t fall every time you unhook them.
Hey, That could work. And would eliminate the need for the quick fist. @JBrew Your on...

HorizonHunter

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

With you on the javelin comment. 👍

When I pack the Bronco it's full from side to side, back to front. The poles don't really take up that much space when collapsed. The access "issue" is having to dig through the pile of bags, rearrange and restack every time. It becomes a minor annoyance and I am always looking for a better way to utilize the available space.
I've been trying to repurpose the cargo net from holding things down to acting as a barrier from cargo to passenger.

OP
OP
Harumph

Harumph

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1200XL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've been trying to repurpose the cargo net from holding things down to acting as a barrier from cargo to passenger.
Those velcro straps might work for your purpose. Are you attaching the net to the roll bar or other points?

HorizonHunter

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Those velcro straps might work for your purpose. Are you attaching the net to the roll bar or other points?
Experimenting with the top, rollbar seems tightest, but paint concerns. You're probably right about the straps. Bottom, just been using the cargo points. Thought it might help considering how much you load up.
Sponsored