E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, F-150 FX4, Explorer Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I went with a normal fire extinguisher in the back. I have it strapped down with a holder that has a zipper on the side for very fast retrieval (I don't want to have to deal with removing 3 straps when I need it, 1 zip and i'm good to go).

Former EMT myself so I always like to have a med kit and fire extinguisher available easily.

Check out the install when I get to the rear of the truck:

Do you have a link for the holder you are using?
Sponsored

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Roll Sound

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wildtrack 2DR MIC OW, 2014 KTM RC8R
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Amerex, Kidde, anything from home depot will be fine.

Now and then flip it upside down and give it a few taps with a rubber hammer. That keeps the dry chemical loose.
Good advise. I've never heard that before. I'll do just that to the ones I have in my home today.

Happy

Black Diamond
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CJ5, Wagoneer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
For fire inside an RV the Element would be a great choice. For an outdoor fire??
For an engine fire I think I'd like an Element within hands reach and a ABC in the back.

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm coming from a overland point of view. I'm way out alone in eastern Oregon much of the time. It can turn into an expensive trip if I start a brush fire. Need that sucker out!

that's exactly my main concern. Truck is insured, but if I'm out in the dry wilderness and something somehow starts a fire I'll do what I can to make it stop before we get an other giant wild fire - with me roasting somewhere in the middle of it. Or an other couple thousand houses burned and people killed. It's hot and dry in the mountains in summer.

Reactions: Cat

Sponsored
OP
OP
broncorik

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
that's exactly my main concern. Truck is insured, but if I'm out in the dry wilderness and something somehow starts a fire I'll do what I can to make it stop before we get an other giant wild fire - with me roasting somewhere in the middle of it. Or an other couple thousand houses burned and people killed. It's hot and dry in the mountains in summer.
I am not a firefighter but I have military experience with aircraft and both avionics and weapons systems...and when in a confined space and personal safety during a fire as well as the least possible amount of damage to your aircraft (or tank or whatever) while flying or trapped inside dry chemical = not good.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.av.../fire-extinguishers-halon-not-dry-chem/?amp=1

If I wasn't so concerned about space, or having to run to the back of my vehicle to extract my extinguisher from my roll bar, I'd go with this setup:

https://amerexfireextinguishers.com/products/amerex-2lb-halotron-b385ts?variant=30873833681

But fingers crossed the Element will suffice in a pinch.

Roll Sound

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
A few quick notes-
Here is a photo of my E100 and E50. Both can easily fit by the drivers feet in a mount.. That is my plan for one of them. The other will go in the rear on my roll bar most likely. The E100 DOES NOT fit in the glove box at all, not even sideways. The E50 fits the glove box, well, like a glove.
Ford Bronco Element Fire Extinguisher IMG_9816
Ford Bronco Element Fire Extinguisher IMG_9818
. The E100 DOES NOT fit in the glove box at all, not even sideways. The E50 fits the glove box, well, like a glove.

OP
OP
broncorik

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A few quick notes-
Here is a photo of my E100 and E50. Both can easily fit by the drivers feet in a mount.. That is my plan for one of them. The other will go in the rear on my roll bar most likely. The E100 DOES NOT fit in the glove box at all, not even sideways. The E50 fits the glove box, well, like a glove.
. The E100 DOES NOT fit in the glove box at all, not even sideways. The E50 fits the glove box, well, like a glove.
Score! If you buy the 1-2 inch Quick Fist rubber mounts, you can do this...to your seat adjuster rail. It takes like seconds to flip the straps off.

Ford Bronco Element Fire Extinguisher 20220402_200744

Roll Sound

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Put this in today. E50 in back. E100 up front. I used elastic Lassos for securing. They won't harm the paint. They are also available in black, but I had these laying around. I premade the rubber fists with the Lassos and threw them on. Very secure. It's not bouncing anywhere.
Ford Bronco Element Fire Extinguisher IMG_9843
Ford Bronco Element Fire Extinguisher IMG_9846

OP
OP
broncorik

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Put this in today. E50 in back. E100 up front. I used elastic Lassos for securing. They won't harm the paint. They are also available in black, but I had these laying around. I premade the rubber fists with the Lassos and threw them on. Very secure. It's not bouncing anywhere.
And if you have the Bronco molle rear gate setup, this:

Ford Bronco Element Fire Extinguisher 20220404_170128

So many options!

Sponsored

ICUGAZN

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I went with a normal fire extinguisher in the back. I have it strapped down with a holder that has a zipper on the side for very fast retrieval (I don't want to have to deal with removing 3 straps when I need it, 1 zip and i'm good to go).

Former EMT myself so I always like to have a med kit and fire extinguisher available easily.

Check out the install when I get to the rear of the truck:

I was wondering how those awnings would mount to a soft top bronco. Are you selling those on your site?

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I was wondering how those awnings would mount to a soft top bronco. Are you selling those on your site?
Naw they are like $100 from amazon. It's some no-name brand I found that had good reviews.

ICUGAZN

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've had my element for a couple of years now.
Ford Bronco Element Fire Extinguisher 20220302_224747951_iOS

yippeekiyay

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2-dr Badsquatch, 1998 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Quick access to a good shovel is better IMHO than a fire extinguisher out here in Central Oregon, because 1) by the time you get to it (assuming it was not your rig that started it) it will be too big for the usual home depot dry chem which lasts like 15 seconds, and 2) the soil is very silty and easy to dig up and spread in a fan as you throw it on the flames, so every bit as effective.

For Yip I'm buying another Halotron (https://www.h3rperformance.com) because I've heard numerous times that the powder residue is corrosive and effectively impossible to clean up (read the instructions about using a brush and damp cloth to remove the residue and then look at your engine bay!). The Halotron cost a lot more, but zero cleanup and very effective. Something to consider...
Sponsored

Last edited: