Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I work for the fire department and made a video in regards to the BADASS MOTO GEAR fire extinguisher mount. I also, talk a bit about vehicle fires and what I carry. Hope this helps!

I don't mean to poo poo the Element too much, I'm sure it's fine for a small fire. But when your car REALLY gets going, it's time for an ABC Dry Chemical. A proven weapon.

Sponsored

Last edited:

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I don't mean to poo poo the Element too much, I'm sure it's fine for a small fire. But when your car REALLY gets going, it's time for an ABC Dry Chemical. A proven weapon.
I hear you. But when your car REALLY gets going… is there any point in trying to save it?

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mine arrive tomorrow. My concern with traditional fire extinguishers is them blowing up inside a hot vehicle in the summer. I live in LA. And their size and weight. I plan to run one by drivers seat front, and one in the back when the tailgate is open for camp or cook fire accidents.
I ran multiple extinguishers in different vehicles living in Phoenix for 11 years, never had one blow up in the heat. I also worked in industrial safety in Phoenix and all over the west for 14 years, never saw it on a jobsite either.

Roll Sound

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wildtrack 2DR MIC OW, 2014 KTM RC8R
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I hear you. But when your car REALLY gets going… is there any point in trying to save it?
Exactly.
I ran multiple extinguishers in different vehicles living in Phoenix for 11 years, never had one blow up in the heat. I also worked in industrial safety in Phoenix and all over the west for 14 years, never saw it on a jobsite either.
What kind of extinguishers were you guys using? What do you recommend? I'm open to anything. I have seen two blow up in vehicles. I worry about the particulate left behind either during fire suppression or catastrophic failure.

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What kind of extinguishers were you guys using? What do you recommend? I'm open to anything. I have seen two blow up in vehicles. I worry about the particulate left behind either during fire suppression or catastrophic failure.
I have equipped my vehicles with dry chemical and halotron, on the job I’ve played with dry chemical, halotron, class D, class K, and some old Halon units. Dry chemical ABC are cheap and they work, but can make a big mess. Halotron are great from a residue perspective, the liquid turned gas completely evaporates. The limitation to halotron is staying power (gas dispurses) and the higher pressure can blow flammable liquids around spreading the fire. I ran both halotron the passenger compartment and dry chem in the bed on my last few trucks. I have had good service from the Amerex brand. I have one of these 2.5# halotrons waiting to go in my Bronco.

https://amerexfireextinguishers.com/products/amerex-2lb-halotron-b385ts?variant=30873833681

I don’t see any problem supplementing with the Element unit, I may add one as well. It won’t work on everything, but neither will any extinguisher put out absolutely any fire. I do agree with others, betond a small fire just evacuate and let the truck burn. Better to have the insurance pay out than get injured trying to save a truck.

Sponsored

AZ_BRONC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘17 4Runner, ‘16 BMW 328i, ‘96 Stang GT, ‘19 Mini
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

What are all you guys doing with your vehicles that catches them on fire? 😂

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I went with a normal fire extinguisher in the back. I have it strapped down with a holder that has a zipper on the side for very fast retrieval (I don't want to have to deal with removing 3 straps when I need it, 1 zip and i'm good to go).

Former EMT myself so I always like to have a med kit and fire extinguisher available easily.

Check out the install when I get to the rear of the truck:

B Miller

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Exactly.

I carry a 2.5 pound ABC Dry Chemical
I'm coming from a overland point of view. I'm way out alone in eastern Oregon much of the time. It can turn into an expensive trip if I start a brush fire. Need that sucker out!

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It's more about life safety then anything. You're usually not going to use the extinguisher on YOUR vehicle but you'll more often then not find yourself using it on someone elses.

Can't tell you how many accidents i've seen where having an extinguisher nearby saves a life and gives occupants more time to get out. Having that readily available can add seconds to minutes (or even stop a fire completely) to someones ability to get out after a crash where a fire started.

They can also be used to bash in windows quickly (hit it at an angle not flat) to get to an unconscious person WHILE having fire prevention in one tool.

When the fire truck rolls up they don't dilly dally charging the line, they get their extinguisher out first to keep that fire down while they charge that line.

Just something GOOD to have on hand no matter if you over land or not. Same with a first aid kit. Two tools you hope to never have to use but should always have on you.

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I just ordered an Amerex 2.5lb. ABC to mount on the roll bar. But I think I still may buy an Element to keep up front. Hell, it’ll fit in the door pocket where it’s easy to get to instantly.

As you were posting this ⬆ , I was just writing that I’ve never had to actually use an extinguisher on a vehicle, but I’ve grabbed one out of my truck a couple of times after witnessing accidents, and didn’t end up having to use it. But I was glad to have it ready, just in case. So that’s a good point.

Sponsored

Roll Sound

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wildtrack 2DR MIC OW, 2014 KTM RC8R
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I carry a 2.5 pound ABC Dry Chemical

I'm coming from a overland point of view. I'm way out alone in eastern Oregon much of the time. It can turn into an expensive trip if I start a brush fire. Need that sucker out!
Specifically, what brand, like Amerex? I've been looking at a lot.

B Miller

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just ordered an Amerex 2.5lb. ABC to mount on the roll bar. But I think I still may buy an Element to keep up front. Hell, it’ll fit in the door pocket where it’s easy to get to instantly.

As you were posting this ⬆ , I was just writing that I’ve never had to actually use an extinguisher on a vehicle, but I’ve grabbed one out of my truck a couple of times after witnessing accidents, and didn’t end up having to use it. But I was glad to have it ready, just in case. So that’s a good point.
Grab a BADASS MOTO GEAR soft mount for the Dry Chem. It says it's for a Jeep, but it's perfect for a Bronco and does fit a 2.5 pounder. You can see it in the photo. Solid as a rock.

Amazon: BADASS MOTO GEAR

Ford Bronco Element Fire Extinguisher IMG_4911.JPEG

B Miller

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Specifically, what brand, like Amerex? I've been looking at a lot.
Amerex, Kidde, anything from home depot will be fine.

Now and then flip it upside down and give it a few taps with a rubber hammer. That keeps the dry chemical loose.

Beachin 74

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2015 F-150, 2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Now and then flip it upside down and give it a few taps with a rubber hammer. That keeps the dry chemical loose.
My jet ski dealer showed me that one, I never knew that. (y)

Beachin 74

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2015 F-150, 2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
What are all you guys doing with your vehicles that catches them on fire? 😂
I don't know but I'm going out on a limb here and say a fire extinguisher is one of those "better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it" sort of things.
I watched one guy get stuck on a dune crossing, freaked out, put his foot to the floor and burn his Explorer to the ground.:oops:
Sponsored